E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Coding: Lives in Richmond, VA ... willing to travel or do groups



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #67
BimmerCoy
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sports Package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Boooo... Never mind ....he just text me. He moved to Indiana (((((
Anyone know of someone local in Richmond who can code?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #68
abistro
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: Montego BMW E90 335xi sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bowie, MD


Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Let me know if your coming back up to n.va. I would love to get some coding done! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #69
bluecrab
Enlisted Member
United_States
0

 
bluecrab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Richmond, VA


Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

I'm in Richmond too... and need to code my AEs to run as DRLs.

Wish he was still here in Richmond.

I'm in the process of getting the necessary components together to do the coding myself. I have the cable and the latest BMW software. Getting the daten files downloaded then I'm going to give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #70
Marsden
Chief Petty Officer
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Old Dominion


Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCoy View Post
Boooo... Never mind ....he just text me. He moved to Indiana (((((
Anyone know of someone local in Richmond who can code?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrab View Post
I'm in Richmond too... and need to code my AEs to run as DRLs.

Wish he was still here in Richmond.
We need to take up a collection to get him to move back.

A couple winters in Indiana might do the trick though
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #71
utfenix335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
24

 
utfenix335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i TiAg/Blk|ZSP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rockville, MD


Posts: 1,994
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Hey guys, we in the DC area have a euro coder who does excellent work. He does a lot of the normal stuff, but also transmission flashes as well. I got my car the Alpina B3 flash for the transmission...and it feels amazing.

************* . com

If enough of you are interested, he can make a trip down there to get your cars coded for you. PM me or contact the coder directly via that link.

review of my alpina flash:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...4#post13793704
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #72
Sam335ix
Major
22

 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country


Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

I highly recommend him, I had mine done a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier. Love the car and the new perks now.
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #73
Super Amjo
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: VA


Posts: 331
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfenix335i View Post
Hey guys, we in the DC area have a euro coder who does excellent work. He does a lot of the normal stuff, but also transmission flashes as well. I got my car the Alpina B3 flash for the transmission...and it feels amazing.

************* . com

If enough of you are interested, he can make a trip down there to get your cars coded for you. PM me or contact the coder directly via that link.

review of my alpina flash:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...4#post13793704
Charges by the option - that's ridiculous, he's charging you $10 to check off a box and run a script...you're better off just looking on craigslist or checking with other members on this board.

Another option is to just go to meets, especially the bigger ones and there'll be guys coding on the fly for a set price - not by each option.

I've had two cars coded by two different members and each time it was $40 base with whatever the hell you wanted coded (one of them was this guy before he moved.)

He may do great work, and I don't knock him for his entrepreneurial spirit but taking advantage of those that don't know when they're trying to learn from the community is crap.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #74
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
11

 
ellipsis212's Avatar
 
Drives: MB 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC > RVA


Posts: 966
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Amjo View Post
Charges by the option - that's ridiculous, he's charging you $10 to check off a box and run a script...you're better off just looking on craigslist or checking with other members on this board.

Another option is to just go to meets, especially the bigger ones and there'll be guys coding on the fly for a set price - not by each option.

I've had two cars coded by two different members and each time it was $40 base with whatever the hell you wanted coded (one of them was this guy before he moved.)

He may do great work, and I don't knock him for his entrepreneurial spirit but taking advantage of those that don't know when they're trying to learn from the community is crap.
Agree. Took one look at the pricing and closed window.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #75
utfenix335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
24

 
utfenix335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i TiAg/Blk|ZSP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rockville, MD


Posts: 1,994
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Contact him anyway, you never know. he might do a discount if there's a large group. The worst he'll say is no.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST