E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Downpipe Question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Schnell335i
Private
 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Downpipe Question

Im going to install downpipes on my car but i do not have the BMS DP fix nor do i have a JB4 (Had a JB3 but removed to send for an upgrade to the 4 and never got to it). My question is that i know it will throw a code due to the O2 sensors. But will it effect the performance in anyway? Like LIMP mode or anything like that?

Please Educate me. Not looking to hear horror stories about exploding midpipes or Tree's dieing cause im polluting the environment.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, tried the search and couldn't find the info i was looking for.
Schnell335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
gzim335
Lieutenant
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90n54-08 zx10r-lci328ix
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: staten island ny

Posts: 513
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i
Im going to install downpipes on my car but i do not have the BMS DP fix nor do i have a JB4 (Had a JB3 but removed to send for an upgrade to the 4 and never got to it). My question is that i know it will throw a code due to the O2 sensors. But will it effect the performance in anyway? Like LIMP mode or anything like that?

Please Educate me. Not looking to hear horror stories about exploding midpipes or Tree's dieing cause im polluting the environment.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, tried the search and couldn't find the info i was looking for.
it wont affect performance if you dont run dp fix but you wont feel any noticeable performance gain without a tune.
__________________
2007/1 e90 335i jet black

jb4 g5 iso/bb flash--afe s2 sealed/scoops--cpe dp's sec cat delete dimisa 4"--cpe ic--aa cp/bov--ww meth--fsb-koni yellow h&r sport/lightweight wheels
gzim335 is offline   Montenegro
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Schnell335i
Private
 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
it wont affect performance if you dont run dp fix but you wont feel any noticeable performance gain without a tune.
Thank you for your response, I had seen on one other site that someone claimed they had to pull over every time to clear the light cause it put them in Limp mode. Been there done that, not interested in dealing with that again. I plan on getting the DP fix and the JB4 but just haven't had time or the proper funds at the right time. Just as long as its drivable till Monday-Tuesday so i can call Camber-Toe and see if they have a DP fix in stock.
Schnell335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
RoadWarrior
New Member
 
Drives: my nikes
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i View Post
Thank you for your response, I had seen on one other site that someone claimed they had to pull over every time to clear the light cause it put them in Limp mode. Been there done that, not interested in dealing with that again. I plan on getting the DP fix and the JB4 but just haven't had time or the proper funds at the right time. Just as long as its drivable till Monday-Tuesday so i can call Camber-Toe and see if they have a DP fix in stock.
wont effect anything, just gonna cause the service engine soon light. but once you have a jb4 the code will auto clear running maps.
RoadWarrior is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
gzim335
Lieutenant
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90n54-08 zx10r-lci328ix
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: staten island ny

Posts: 513
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i View Post
Thank you for your response, I had seen on one other site that someone claimed they had to pull over every time to clear the light cause it put them in Limp mode. Been there done that, not interested in dealing with that again. I plan on getting the DP fix and the JB4 but just haven't had time or the proper funds at the right time. Just as long as its drivable till Monday-Tuesday so i can call Camber-Toe and see if they have a DP fix in stock.
wont effect anything, just gonna cause the service engine soon light. but once you have a jb4 the code will auto clear running maps.
it will clear the cl dp code and every other code it might throw which isnt very practical,you will fail inspection without dp fix too so its a must imo.
__________________
2007/1 e90 335i jet black

jb4 g5 iso/bb flash--afe s2 sealed/scoops--cpe dp's sec cat delete dimisa 4"--cpe ic--aa cp/bov--ww meth--fsb-koni yellow h&r sport/lightweight wheels
gzim335 is offline   Montenegro
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST