E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Lakers!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #243
Rukuss
Major
 
Rukuss's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 1,197
iTrader: (-1)

Nothing for the show to hang there heads about, they were in the game and lost by a few buckets, it appears they are getting better, and I don't think Steve's a 100% yet, stay tuned only time will tell.
Rukuss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #244
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
why didnt you say this when they won 6 out of 7 games. inside out only works when the 3 ball is working.

If you dont like kobe just say it, these lil jabs are soo noob
What do you mean? I have been in this thread all season. Oh yeah. They won 6 out of 7 games. Half of them were below .500 teams. That is something to brag about.

What little jabs? The Lakers are like 6-15 when Kobe scores 30+ or more.

BTW, weren't you the one that was talking about the NBA Finals against the Heat before the season even started?

Quote:
lets just fast forward this to the finals please! this would make for the greatest finals match up in history imo. All stars vs all stars starting line up! hoping everyone stays healthy, who has the better bench and coaching?
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #245
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,661
iTrader: (0)

yes as a fan is that wrong? to think that? Clearly they werent HEALTHY and crap coaching.

yes won vs crap teams would of been worse had they lost to them right?

those 30+ points lost games is the biggest misleading stat known to man. take it a step further and do a 17 year span how the lakers are when he scores 30+ if you want to play that game.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #246
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
You don't need shooters when you play inside out with Howard and Gasol
wtf does this mean? you just lost all bball cred with this bs
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #247
ny325
Captain
 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

I'm a huge Kobe fan. I love is approach to every game. Unfortunately the Lakers are going through some difficult times. And I'm a die hard Knick fan. Hopefully the Knicks can continue playing good.
ny325 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #248
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
 
M3forMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Obviously DAntoni is not going anywhere. They need to figure what pieces he needs to coach and run what he wants and get those pieces this year rather then waiting for the off season. At least the remainder of the season can be used for practice and to gel for next year. I hate to say it but a Championship is not happening this year.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
M3forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #249
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
 
bmw1racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
I hate to say it but a Championship is not happening this year.
For sure.

Getting over .500 appears to be a challenge this season.
__________________
bmw1racer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #250
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
yes as a fan is that wrong? to think that? Clearly they werent HEALTHY and crap coaching.

yes won vs crap teams would of been worse had they lost to them right?

those 30+ points lost games is the biggest misleading stat known to man. take it a step further and do a 17 year span how the lakers are when he scores 30+ if you want to play that game.
Let's blame it on the coaching staff now when Kobe takes 20+ shots per game and Howard, Nash, Gasol takes less than 10.

Why would you do a 17 year span? If the Lakers had the same team with the same players and coaching staff for 17 years then it will make sense. But obviously scoring 30+ points with this team is not working right now.

There is really no reason to take 20+ shots with 3 other superstar on the team. Howard, which is arguably the best center in the NBA right now should get more touches than Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
wtf does this mean? you just lost all bball cred with this bs
Let me elaborate on that. Pau Gasol and Bynum along with Kobe Bryant was why they won in 09-10. And they were playing inside out. By utilizing Gasol and Bynum in the post helped open up the lane.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #251
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Let's blame it on the coaching staff now when Kobe takes 20+ shots per game and Howard, Nash, Gasol takes less than 10.

Why would you do a 17 year span? If the Lakers had the same team with the same players and coaching staff for 17 years then it will make sense. But obviously scoring 30+ points with this team is not working right now.

There is really no reason to take 20+ shots with 3 other superstar on the team. Howard, which is arguably the best center in the NBA right now should get more touches than Kobe.



Let me elaborate on that. Pau Gasol and Bynum along with Kobe Bryant was why they won in 09-10. And they were playing inside out. By utilizing Gasol and Bynum in the post helped open up the lane.

"The Lakers are like 6-15 when Kobe scores 30+ or more." oh why use his 17 years? how convenient for you to just use this year as a small sample for your argument. If you want to play by that stat you go all the way and be consistent with it.

yes im the one blaming the coaching staff as did mitch, clearly he thinks the same right and made a coaching change. Kobe is having his best PER of his career.

open the lanes for who? luke/farmar/barnes/metta/brown? cant give it to kobe cause hell just chuck his way to another 30. How does "open the lanes" work when the interior guy gets double tripled team? throw it to dmo/meeks so they can run into the lanes and get a charge call right?


last 2 season this approach clearly did not work due to fishs/mettas man doubling up inside on pau and drew. They failed many many times knocking down 3p's resulting in this "inside out" game plan.

d12 in orlando made a living off 3p shooters and thats how they made it to the finals playing inside out.

face the fact that they are old and have horrible transition d/defensive rebounding.

howard gettin more touches means he gotta knock down ft's, kicking out to open shooters that arent making them would be the best way to defend the lakers. when they arent making them kobe goes into get the fuck out my way mode.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442

Last edited by #Tee; 01-06-2013 at 02:02 AM.
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #252
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
 
M3forMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Not to jump into the fray but I have to make a point. I agree with Xx that we can all stop bitching about the offense and Kobe. The defense is horrible. How do you have 2 7 footers, maybe the best in the league, allow so many points in the paint?

And for Kobe. Stop the hating. The guy tries to get his team involved. Look at the stats of 1st and 2nd quarters and see how many shots he takes. Hate to tell you that he doesn't start shooting until he has to because his team sucks and no one can make any shots. All these folks that think Kobe is a ball hog and only out for himself do not watch the entire game. For all the haters I hate to tell you he will retire as one of the best 2 players (Jordan the other) to ever play the game. If you are a true BASKETBALL fan why don't you just sit back and enjoy the fact you can watch the greatest player. Your kids will have to watch highlights.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
M3forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #253
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
 
bmw1racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
And for Kobe. Stop the hating. The guy tries to get his team involved. Look at the stats of 1st and 2nd quarters and see how many shots he takes. Hate to tell you that he doesn't start shooting until he has to because his team sucks and no one can make any shots.
+1.
__________________
bmw1racer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #254
tigermack
OPN DIFF
 
tigermack's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' 330i MT TiAg
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean

Posts: 1,250
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to tigermack
It's not like the team has the confidence to take the shot while trailing... especially Gasol... ALWAYS looking for Kobe when he gets the ball.
__________________
M-tech front\Hartge CF lip\blacklines\M3 wheel\BMW P.E.\BMS powerbox\ST coils\BBS GT4

e36 - racecar - SCCA STX #188

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
tigermack is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #255
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,762
iTrader: (1)

The record when Kobe scores 30+ is misleading. When the lakers are behind, many times they really need Kobe's scoring. It also includes the stagnant offense when Mbrown was coach.

And when Meeks/artest are hitting threes, typically everyone else is shooting well too which leads to a win along with not needing Kobe to score. When they have off nights though, they need Kobe's production.
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #256
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,762
iTrader: (1)

Oh and sad to say they might even have been closer to a title last year with sessions and a dominant bynum at times.
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #257
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
"The Lakers are like 6-15 when Kobe scores 30+ or more." oh why use his 17 years? how convenient for you to just use this year as a small sample for your argument. If you want to play by that stat you go all the way and be consistent with it.
Don't blame me, blame the commentators. I am just repeating what the commentators said. I didn't know some people would get all butt hurt about it.

Quote:
yes im the one blaming the coaching staff as did mitch, clearly he thinks the same right and made a coaching change. Kobe is having his best PER of his career.
I really could care less about PER because we already know Kobe can score offensively. My point was there is no reason for Kobe to score 30 points every night when he has 3 other super star on the team. Kobe should focus on getting others involved and get them in rhythm. Because we already know Kobe can catch fire anytime he wants.


Quote:
mar/barnes/metta/brown? cant give it to kobe cause hell just chuck his way to another 30. How does "open the lanes" work when the interior guy gets double tripled team? throw it to dmo/meeks so they can run into the lanes and get a charge call right?
If the interior guys get tripled team then there must be a shooter open whether it is a 3 pointer or inside the arc. Ball movement is key. Just look at the ball movement the Lakers had couple years back.

Remember the triangle offense with Bynum and Gasol? Look at the positioning and passing of Gasol in the following video:



Another scenario: Ball movement and Kobe's dribble penetration leads to a open dunk for Bynum.



This is what Lakers are lacking right now. Ball movement and utilizing the 2 big men they have on the team.

Quote:
last 2 season this approach clearly did not work due to fishs/mettas man doubling up inside on pau and drew. They failed many many times knocking down 3p's resulting in this "inside out" game plan.

d12 in orlando made a living off 3p shooters and thats how they made it to the finals playing inside out.
Steve Nash is a terrific 3 point shooter with a career of 40%+. But looking at his stats page, he only attempted 18 3 pointers this season. The offense Mike Antoni is running for the Laker's isn't working right now. It doesn't even look like there is even offense intact right now.

You do realize that the Lakers didn't shoot particularly well on the 3 pointers against the Magics in the NBA finals. They were shooting low 30% beyond the arc. Yet, they nearly swept the Magics. What really killed the Magics was their second chance point and rebounding ability by Bynum, Gasol, Odom on the inside, which the Laker team is lacking right now.

Quote:
face the fact that they are old and have horrible transition d/defensive rebounding.

howard gettin more touches means he gotta knock down ft's, kicking out to open shooters that arent making them would be the best way to defend the lakers. when they arent making them kobe goes into get the fuck out my way mode.
I have been saying that Laker has been terrible on defense all season. Who cares about Howard's free throw. Look at Shaq. He was one of the shittiest FT shooter but found his way to get touches and dominated his position.

What Kobe needs to do is share the ball and let Nash handle the offense more. Nash should stop passing the ball to Kobe and focus on getting Howard, Gasol, and the rest of the team involved first. How often do we see Dwight or Gasol in this post this year? Rarely.

Look at the Heat. They have 3 superstar. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Yet, they all have almost similar touches and average close to each other PPG. Lebron 25PPG, Wade 20PPG, Bosh 18PPG.

Let's look at the Lakers 4 superstars. Kobe=30.5PPG, Gasol=12PPG, Howard=17.5PPG, Nash=10PPG.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #258
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,661
iTrader: (0)

well whatever the case is, lakers are a mess now. howard and kobe got into it after lastnights lost. Hes out with torn labrum and pau/hill (injured) are not going for this tough road trip. Its lottery time.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #259
Dav8y_d
05050505050505
 
Dav8y_d's Avatar
 
Drives: Advan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

Posts: 21,118
iTrader: (26)

watch Lakers go in a winning streak now that Howard & Gasol is out.

NBA where BS happens.
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Dav8y_d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #260
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,762
iTrader: (1)

Less post touches is part of Dantoni's offense. I agree that ball movement is key, but Kobe is usually content with not shooting the ball much earlier in the game. I wouldn't mind Dwight getting lots of touches earlier and Kobe handling more of the load in the 4th. This all went down the drain after the losses kept mounting up though.

When the lakers are actually playing well and blow out a team which is rare, the ball movement is actually quite good, but in those instances, the lakers are actually shooting well to begin with. Even Nash's first game back, the offense was just so much more fluid, but that only keeps up when the lakers are shooting well as a team.
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #261
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
 
M3forMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Pau and Dwight out. Just start rebuilding now. The butter is hard and this season is over. I am in deep depression. I think I need to go for a drive in my M.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
M3forMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #262
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I really could care less about PER because we already know Kobe can score offensively. My point was there is no reason for Kobe to score 30 points every night when he has 3 other super star on the team. Kobe should focus on getting others involved and get them in rhythm. Because we already know Kobe can catch fire anytime he wants.


If the interior guys get tripled team then there must be a shooter open whether it is a 3 pointer or inside the arc. Ball movement is key. Just look at the ball movement the Lakers had couple years back.

Remember the triangle offense with Bynum and Gasol? Look at the positioning and passing of Gasol in the following video:


This is what Lakers are lacking right now. Ball movement and utilizing the 2 big men they have on the team.


Steve Nash is a terrific 3 point shooter with a career of 40%+. But looking at his stats page, he only attempted 18 3 pointers this season. The offense Mike Antoni is running for the Laker's isn't working right now. It doesn't even look like there is even offense intact right now.

You do realize that the Lakers didn't shoot particularly well on the 3 pointers against the Magics in the NBA finals. They were shooting low 30% beyond the arc. Yet, they nearly swept the Magics. What really killed the Magics was their second chance point and rebounding ability by Bynum, Gasol, Odom on the inside, which the Laker team is lacking right now.


I have been saying that Laker has been terrible on defense all season. Who cares about Howard's free throw. Look at Shaq. He was one of the shittiest FT shooter but found his way to get touches and dominated his position.

What Kobe needs to do is share the ball and let Nash handle the offense more. Nash should stop passing the ball to Kobe and focus on getting Howard, Gasol, and the rest of the team involved first. How often do we see Dwight or Gasol in this post this year? Rarely.

Look at the Heat. They have 3 superstar. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Yet, they all have almost similar touches and average close to each other PPG. Lebron 25PPG, Wade 20PPG, Bosh 18PPG.

Let's look at the Lakers 4 superstars. Kobe=30.5PPG, Gasol=12PPG, Howard=17.5PPG, Nash=10PPG.
I know this post isn't directed to me, but there's something I'd like to point out.

Howard is not an offensive machine. Being honored the best center in the league is misleading, because he's not perfect on both ends of the court. Unfortunately, he's only average offensively. His post moves says a lot about his offensive game. Therefore, I don't see a reason why we should be using him as our first option. With that said, Pringles did tried to go with that approach and failed miserably. Howard either screws up his post game or misses his free throws.

Gasol, on the other hand, is (was) fantastic on the offensive end. However, he's being forced to play the 4th spot jacking up 3s. Therefore, I don't see a reason in feeding Gasol the ball when it's quite obvious he's not effective at all in the PF position. I know this very well because he's in my fantasy league team and I'm starting to hate him. Instead, he needs to be at the center playing Howard's game.

However, I do agree that having ball movement is key, but that's not the biggest reason why we're underachieving. Ideally, we shouldn't even have Pringles as our coach, but since we can't change that, we'll have to stick with his system. And his system is very different than the triangle offense so there's no point trying to integrate them together; Pringles will not let that happen.

If you've watched all the Laker's games in its entirety, you'd notice that Kobe only goes "Kobe mode" after half time. During the first half he actually tries to get everyone involved. It's only when things aren't work, then he tries the "Kobe mode". Nash is the primary ball handler in the first half usually.

I don't really feel that it's Kobe's fault, but more of Pringles not knowing how to use the talents.
ChineseGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #263
tigermack
OPN DIFF
 
tigermack's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' 330i MT TiAg
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean

Posts: 1,250
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to tigermack
Look at Pringles at Knicks... He sucks ass with all that talent, too.
__________________
M-tech front\Hartge CF lip\blacklines\M3 wheel\BMW P.E.\BMS powerbox\ST coils\BBS GT4

e36 - racecar - SCCA STX #188

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
tigermack is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #264
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
 
bmw1racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
I am in deep depression. I think I need to go for a drive in my M.
I hear ya... A LONG drive is needed to get over this.
__________________
bmw1racer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST