E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2013 Track Dates (Quebec, Ontario and U.S. North East)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
when?
Details are in the Montreal forum:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=756

Email Carl to RSVP.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
thx. don't know how useful it will be to me however.

also wanted to ask you, what pads are you using on ur PF set? are they PF? what do you think of them?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Maybe this year, we try Mid-Ohio. 11 hours away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
After VIR, you might not want to go.

PS: Interested in Perry Auto's AIMSPorts data logging seminar?
i dont think mid-ohio is worth the drive.... i dont know. doesnt seem like its comparable to VIR, mosport, bogie, tremblant, etc.....think we have better tracks closer to us.

if it was closer, i'd give it a try.

how bout NJMP as you suggested? or maybe lime rock park?
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Details are in the Montreal forum:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=756

Email Carl to RSVP.
decided that i wont be going.... not serious enough a racer to be analyzing all my actions on the track... need to concentrate on familiarization of the rear engine car this coming season.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #27
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
thx. don't know how useful it will be to me however.

also wanted to ask you, what pads are you using on ur PF set? are they PF? what do you think of them?
No prob. I've wired my data logger into the ECU this week for car telemetry, so I actually have a plan in mind so the seminar just came up at the right time for me. Car is in the shop this past week for some repair, and small improvements. May 3rd for first track day cant come soon enough. Counting down the days. I'm using PF01 up front and PF Z rated in the rear. 01s and 08s were too aggressive in the rear. I have 24 track days on 1 set of front pads and have 40% pad left. Hard to believe. Good for another 4 or 5 track days.

Great brakes and pads. A little too much umph in the rear. I pulled them last season and went back to stock callipers with PF-Z in the rear. Perfect. Seb has thrown them back on with new disks and will give them another shot at WG in may, but this time with tamer Z rated pads. I'm looking for a stand alone brake system where I can control the brake bias. Still looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
decided that i wont be going.... not serious enough a racer to be analyzing all my actions on the track... need to concentrate on familiarization of the rear engine car this coming season.
I hear you. Not being able to break 2:13 sec at VIR (and doing 2:15 on my third session) was tough to swallow. Harry's Laptimer analytics gave me glimpse of a theoretical 2:11.4 when stringing the best sequences from my best laps. The DL plugged into the ECU (steering angle, individual wheel speed, throttle position, RPM, brake pressure and accelerator sensors) with Race Studio will be able to give me a better idea of what was missing so I can work at correcting the specifics item by item (Braked too early or late, didnt corner at the threshold of lateral grip, didnt get on the accel fast enough, coasted instead of braking later ...). Yup, over the deep end.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #28
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Some added race dates

There are few dates that could get added to the list from Montreal racing.com/forums/showthread.php?833185-Official-Schedule-thread&p=8878546#post887854

Remove the space between montreal and racing when stuffing in the browser.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #29
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Anyone interested May 3-5 Watkins Glen. Genesee Valley BMW? There is a 2 or 3 day option. Friday is open track. Pre-approval required.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #30
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
There are few dates that could get added to the list from Montreal racing.com/forums/showthread.php?833185-Official-Schedule-thread&p=8878546#post887854

Remove the space between montreal and racing when stuffing in the browser.
All those events are semi-pro or pro competition events. Except for ASE. But I did add the good ones from them at the beginning.
I also only post events that are 8 hours away max.

I did post up the events from Patroon... nothing is new. But Joel ... keep trying. The more eyes are on this, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone interested May 3-5 Watkins Glen. Genesee Valley BMW? There is a 2 or 3 day option. Friday is open track. Pre-approval required.
Yes, moi.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #31
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
I'm using PF01 up front and PF Z rated in the rear. 01s and 08s were too aggressive in the rear. I have 24 track days on 1 set of front pads and have 40% pad left. Hard to believe. Good for another 4 or 5 track days.

Great brakes and pads. A little too much umph in the rear. I pulled them last season and went back to stock callipers with PF-Z in the rear. Perfect. Seb has thrown them back on with new disks and will give them another shot at WG in may, but this time with tamer Z rated pads. I'm looking for a stand alone brake system where I can control the brake bias. Still looking.
looking to see what I like best. have the cobalt xr1 (xr2 R) which have a crazy bite, but i like that. can be modulated though. kinda realizing I need rcomps for these brakes haha, but not yet! i still have a set of fronts left and the current one has around 12 track days with about 30% left. Not bad for a heavy car, but I have a feeling i'd get less wear with the PF pads.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
All those events are semi-pro or pro competition events. Except for ASE. But I did add the good ones from them at the beginning.
I also only post events that are 8 hours away max.

I did post up the events from Patroon... nothing is new. But Joel ... keep trying. The more eyes are on this, the better.



Yes, moi.
That makes sense. Thank you kindly!

I'll email you the details for WG for May.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,799
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
looking to see what I like best. have the cobalt xr1 (xr2 R) which have a crazy bite, but i like that. can be modulated though. kinda realizing I need rcomps for these brakes haha, but not yet! i still have a set of fronts left and the current one has around 12 track days with about 30% left. Not bad for a heavy car, but I have a feeling i'd get less wear with the PF pads.
The PF01 pads where double the price of my Hawk pads, but have lasted more than 6 times longer. It may pay to try them out on your car.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Added the Genessee events (3) at Watkins Glen. Thanks Joel

1st idea of events that I will attend looks like this:

May 3 - 5 The Glen
June 8 - 9 Tremblant
June 24 - 25 The Glen
July 19 - 21 Calabogie

10 days... need a few more ... Trillium at Mosport hasn't announced anything yet...
probably a VIR event

Last edited by Tonybest; 01-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #35
demontwinz
Lieutenant
4
Rep
455
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

which of these events would you recommend for a newbie with an e92 335i?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #36
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demontwinz View Post
which of these events would you recommend for a newbie with an e92 335i?
All events that are posted are great for newbies... I would choose any BMW club events for starters. You will have an instructor with you at all times on the track.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #37
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Just added Patroon and Trillium events
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #38
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Added the Genessee events (3) at Watkins Glen. Thanks Joel

1st idea of events that I will attend looks like this:

May 3 - 5 The Glen
June 8 - 9 Tremblant
June 24 - 25 The Glen
July 19 - 21 Calabogie

10 days... need a few more ... Trillium at Mosport hasn't announced anything yet...
probably a VIR event
would be interested in the glen for may 3-5.... let me know if you decide to sign up...not too sure bout the rest of the season.... might be moving out of montreal this year.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
4,931
Posts

 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
would be interested in the glen for may 3-5.... let me know if you decide to sign up...not too sure bout the rest of the season.... might be moving out of montreal this year.
Will you be leaving the east coast?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #40
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
may do may 3-5 racing academy. will talk to carl for more details

also plan to do a lot of bogie and tremblant. might pull a mosport we'll see.

will likely be add this to the beast +/- camber. too much $ on mods!

what would u guys suggest? camber or seat? i'm really thinking seat more important than camber for me. need all 4 corners camber so same price as seat
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #41
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Added the Genessee events (3) at Watkins Glen. Thanks Joel

1st idea of events that I will attend looks like this:

May 3 - 5 The Glen
June 8 - 9 Tremblant
June 24 - 25 The Glen
July 19 - 21 Calabogie

10 days... need a few more ... Trillium at Mosport hasn't announced anything yet...
probably a VIR event
Thought you were doing less this year! Resolution did not last long

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
would be interested in the glen for may 3-5.... let me know if you decide to sign up...not too sure bout the rest of the season.... might be moving out of montreal this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Will you be leaving the east coast?
2nd time he mentions this, I guess he must be serious I think Toronto makes it still in the Eastern region. I guess you must go where the job is, although it's so bland to live there
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #42
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
may do may 3-5 racing academy. will talk to carl for more details

also plan to do a lot of bogie and tremblant. might pull a mosport we'll see.

will likely be add this to the beast +/- camber. too much $ on mods!

what would u guys suggest? camber or seat? i'm really thinking seat more important than camber for me. need all 4 corners camber so same price as seat
Just camber man! forget the seat, won't gain you 2 seconds and you are already hauling ass as is. Relax, enjoy the comfort and the ride

Get the seat when you are ready to strip this beast.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #43
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Will you be leaving the east coast?
trying to stay within the east coast but you never know..... so i guess i cant plan too far ahead. event in may should be ok.

ken is right, your new years resolution about doing less track days did not last long at all. lol....
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #44
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
may do may 3-5 racing academy. will talk to carl for more details

also plan to do a lot of bogie and tremblant. might pull a mosport we'll see.

will likely be add this to the beast +/- camber. too much $ on mods!

what would u guys suggest? camber or seat? i'm really thinking seat more important than camber for me. need all 4 corners camber so same price as seat
do the seat first then camber... seat makes a huge difference to how the car feels... most worth while mod i ever did.... cant stand the crappy stock seats that dont hold you in place.

should have bought my carbon-kevlar recaro that i was selling a while back... sold it for a ridiculously low price.... lol... oh wells. the suzuka pro seats are just as narrow as what i had.

i got -1.7 degrees of camber for both front and back without camber plates... its not quite enough to get you 100% even tire wear but it gets your pretty close... so i think you can do without camber for a while...
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST