E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CODERS E90 E91 E92 E93 in UK



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #221
Frobius
Captain
 
Frobius's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport / E87 118d SE
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

Posts: 970
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
You've got two options in the KOMBI module.

BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR - which obviously corrects the digital readout, and

BC_V_KORREKTUR - for the speedo.

That said, I've not actually tried it. I like the over read as default with the option of looking at the real speed on the digital display. It's bloody accurate too, always bang on with my TomTom.
__________________

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #222
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius
You've got two options in the KOMBI module.

BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR - which obviously corrects the digital readout, and

BC_V_KORREKTUR - for the speedo.

That said, I've not actually tried it. I like the over read as default with the option of looking at the real speed on the digital display. It's bloody accurate too, always bang on with my TomTom.
Thanks.
I will try that.
I prefer OEM speedo to be as it came out from factory and digital as true speed, so you have both.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #223
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Few forum members have asked me about FRM2 / 3 compatibility to their cars. I am going to compile a list of FRMs and their compatibility.

FRM2

Halogen lights without fog light

FRM2 E90 E91 LOW

Halogen lights with fog lights
FRM 2 E90 E91 NSW / BASIS
FRM 2 E87 E9x XE
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED XE

Xenon without AHL

FRM 2 E87 E9x XE
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED XE

Xenon with AHL

FRM 2 E87 E9x AHL
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED AHL


FRM3

Halogen lights
FRM 3 MAX BROSE

Xenon without AHL

FRM 3 E87 E92 E93 XE
FRM 3 E89 E9x LED XE
FRM 3 MAX BROSE

Xenon with AHL

FRM 3 E87 E92 E93 AHL
FRM 3 E89 E9x LED AHL
FRM 3 MAX BROSE
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #224
RichardM
Major
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (1)

Makkan, have you looked at coding the F series cars yet such as the new 3 series F30?
RichardM is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #225
mastrchee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW E90 320D M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Posts: 200
iTrader: (2)

Hit me up for Coding and Xenon retrofits in Portsmouth (till the 18th of Jan) - south hampshire region.

Moving to basingstoke after the 18th - so basingstoke after the 25th of Jan 2013.
mastrchee is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #226
magic77
Colonel
 
magic77's Avatar
 
Drives: 320
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (0)

Can you do removal of angels dimming etc mainly as Basingstoke only down the road for me
__________________

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
magic77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #227
mastrchee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW E90 320D M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Posts: 200
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Can you do removal of angels dimming etc mainly as Basingstoke only down the road for me
sure i've done it on mine.

Last edited by mastrchee; 01-08-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: sorry asked a question without reading your signature
mastrchee is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #228
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Makkan, have you looked at coding the F series cars yet such as the new 3 series F30?
Richard,
I am working on it. Since I do not have F30, therefore it is taking sometime.
I'll require a volunteer car for a day on which I'd code every posisble option FOC.

I'll annouce it on F30 forum when stuff is reading and when I get time.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #229
RichardM
Major
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (1)

Thanks mate. I'll keep an eye out.
RichardM is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #230
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330iSE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey

Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I am new to these forums and this is my first post. This coding thing seems very interesting. I have an early 330i se Auto and am just about to fit a large sound install and change the head unit. So coding a few things beforehand would be sensible.

I am interested in the alarm beep, brake force display, having the angels running all the time and the white dials and i am sure a few other minor changes From reading other posts it does not look like i will be allowed to post a PM for a bit. So my next question is:- Is there a contact number for the coders so i can give them a call. I can drive over to makhan00 as thats not far and there is another coder in surrey which would be a bit closer.

Kind Regards

James
sohlman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #231
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Hi,

I am new to these forums and this is my first post. This coding thing seems very interesting. I have an early 330i se Auto and am just about to fit a large sound install and change the head unit. So coding a few things beforehand would be sensible.

I am interested in the alarm beep, brake force display, having the angels running all the time and the white dials and i am sure a few other minor changes From reading other posts it does not look like i will be allowed to post a PM for a bit. So my next question is:- Is there a contact number for the coders so i can give them a call. I can drive over to makhan00 as thats not far and there is another coder in surrey which would be a bit closer.

Kind Regards

James
I do not mind coding your car / changing LEDs in odometer, but you may wish to consider contacting Mehsyo for coding as he is closer to you.

If he is busy or away, then I am more than happy to work on your car mate.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #232
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330iSE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey

Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)

Thanks i will give him a pm

J
__________________
E90 330i SE Auto Graphite Grey Metalic
sohlman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #233
magic77
Colonel
 
magic77's Avatar
 
Drives: 320
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (0)

Out of interest wheres Mehsyo based
__________________

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
magic77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #234
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Out of interest wheres Mehsyo based
I am not sure about his location but this is what he posted;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshyo View Post
Hey guys, I can code South West London and Surrey areas.
Worth of sending him a pm.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #235
Meshyo
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335I
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Hi guys, sorry I have been just crazy busy recently guys. I am located in Sutton in Surrey, but work in Dorking. So really I am available for areas around Guildford and South West London (towards Kingston etc).

I am able to code most basic things, however currently I cannot yet is code the car for external amps. As soon as I hear any more I will let you guys know.
Meshyo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #236
shaun335d
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: uk

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Any coders in manchester area?
shaun335d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #237
RSM
New Member
 
Drives: E87
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex

Posts: 9
iTrader: (1)

Sorry to post in this thread guys, just seems to be a lot more info about coding on the e90 section than the 1 addicts section. I'm a long time lurker on both forums but have just signed up today.

I've got some facelift celis led taillights being delivered shortly for my E87 120d, was just wondering if there was anybody who knew how to code the taillights so only the celis lights lit up like the vehicles that are fitted with them from out of the factory.

I'm guessing these vehicles codes are along the same lines as the e9x chassis.

I am from Purfleet in Essex, I see there are a couple of members also from Essex, any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks guys

Last edited by RSM; 01-24-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: More detail provided
RSM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #238
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Sorry to post in this thread guys, just seems to be a lot more info about coding on the e90 section than the 1 addicts section. I'm a long time lurker on both forums but have just signed up today.

I've got some facelift celis led taillights being delivered shortly for my E87 120d, was just wondering if there was anybody who knew how to code the taillights so only the celis lights lit up like the vehicles that are fitted with them from out of the factory.

I'm guessing these vehicles codes are along the same lines as the e9x chassis.

I am from Purfleet in Essex, I see there are a couple of members also from Essex, any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks guys

1 Series coding is very similar to 3 series coding.

Retrofitting LCI rear lights on 1 series is not as easy as fitting on 3 series.
You'd require:
1- Re-arranging the cables in the rear light clips (or you can buy adaptor from stealers).
2- Running additional wire from FRM (light module) to LCI rear lights to power LED strip. Or German hack is to get the wiring from license plate LEDs. See details here and here.

When you are done with step 1 & 2, then you would require coding.

If you are REALLY determined, then it is not that hard. When and if you are done with step 1 & 2 and if there are any errors on your dashboard, give me a shout and I will code your car.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #239
RSM
New Member
 
Drives: E87
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex

Posts: 9
iTrader: (1)

Thankyou for your reply makkan00, its good to see its possible, having already had the interior out once to do the alpine amp retrofit, i was going to do it the german way, only downside i can see is if the number plate fuse goes i will lose rear lights, can you think of any other downsides?

I recognise your car from around the area, i think ive seen you going under the qe2 bridge, near the ibis, if its not you its a double of your car haha

many thanks, Rob
RSM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #240
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,786
iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Thankyou for your reply makkan00, its good to see its possible, having already had the interior out once to do the alpine amp retrofit, i was going to do it the german way, only downside i can see is if the number plate fuse goes i will lose rear lights, can you think of any other downsides?
Not scaring you, but the other risk is fire. Just keep checking the cables for few days to make sure that they are not getting hot.

If you have alpine retrofit, you should also opt for hi-fi coding to get max out of your retrofit kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
I recognise your car from around the area, i think ive seen you going under the qe2 bridge, near the ibis, if its not you its a double of your car haha

many thanks, Rob
Unfortunately, thats me . Good to hear from a local chap. Rob, let me know when you are ready and I'll code your car.
regards
Sam
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #241
RSM
New Member
 
Drives: E87
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex

Posts: 9
iTrader: (1)

Ye i will keep an eye on it, i would run it to the frm, but i believe i have frm1 so not sure whether it would work from the frm? And i wouldnt have a clue of where to wire it in from the frm.

I run led number plate bulbs and the celis are led so shouldnt be to much current draw im hoping so it shouldnt get to warm. Well thats my theor lol

what would the hifi coding do? I just have the business radio and there is a switch on the anp for business and professional setup.

Sorry for all the questions

Rob
RSM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #242
GINDO
New Member
 
GINDO's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E93 VERT ALPINE WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NOTTS, UK.

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Hi makkan00, has any body managed to code the key fob on a 12 plate convertable to close the Roof + Open it ??
thanks in advance
Gindo (Paul )
GINDO is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST