E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My Never Ending Quest to Find the Perfect 335. Should I get iDrive?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #23
z4ps
Lieutenant
5

 
z4ps's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 M4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Socal


Posts: 490
iTrader: (13)

idrive is must
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #24
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
47

 
VTECaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (4)

You wanted it to begin with so don't settle for one without or you'll regret it later. If you didn't care about it to begin with then that's another story.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
ForgedDistributing
Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
ForgedDistributing's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO N55 >:)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida/Michigan


Posts: 561
iTrader: (3)

Personally, I felt iDrive as a necessity.
__________________

PH: (616) 914-6677 FAX: (305) 255-5446
Contact me for exclusive forum and wholesale pricing!
Email: Sean@Forgeddistributing.com
Site: http://www.forgeddistributing.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #26
MGT81
Lieutenant
Canada
7

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary


Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

If you like everything else, then I'd get it. I didn't want the idrive myself. The driving experience is more important.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #27
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
60

 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA


Posts: 4,585
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
I wanted a Navi really bad but honestly with a car that fun..you won't need it. Once you have your car you won't even care that it doesn't have a navi and it also makes the interior look more roomy. Do you really need IDrive anyways? If you already know your way around the city it's useless..its just a map on TV lol and when you have your Ipod already plugged in the AUX, there's no use for it.
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #28
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

Its so hard finding the perfect 335... the one you find normally is missing something you really want.

Some advice... dont settle for something you dont want. Be patient and wait for the perfect one, or something close to it. I wanted iDrive, and im 100% glad I waited until I found a 6MT with it. Wasnt the interior color I wanted, but hey 6MT with iDrive was great enough for me to buy. I never had navi in my car, so I wanted it... and I totally love it! just my opinion... Good Luck with that!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #29
HaroldLee
Banned
0

 
HaroldLee's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cali


Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

Just buy a new one with the your option you want if you're that picky.And as far as idrive who cares. I buy a car cause i want a drivers car and could careless about a star trek enterprisee screen. I would pick a car thats all car(4 wheels,motor, and steering wheel) dont need a computer driving me around. btw more electronics more problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #30
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
26

 
ChasVS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central FL


Posts: 2,432
iTrader: (10)

You can always tell those who don't have iDrive. They call it Navigation thinking that's all there is.... Don't leave home without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
I wanted a Navi really bad but honestly with a car that fun..you won't need it. Once you have your car you won't even care that it doesn't have a navi and it also makes the interior look more roomy. Do you really need IDrive anyways? If you already know your way around the city it's useless..its just a map on TV lol and when you have your Ipod already plugged in the AUX, there's no use for it.
__________________
My speeding isn't the problem. It's the Slow Folks ahead of me that cause accidents!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #31
Braumin
First Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Regina, SK, CAN


Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

I bought my '09 with iDrive and as others have said - it's amazing. It's certainly NOT just a NAV system. I rarely use the Navigation at all, but when I need it, even that is excellent.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #32
phat8186
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
phat8186's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i AW / Coral Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CT/NY


Posts: 271
iTrader: (3)

I guess I can chime in since I was in the same situation.
I sold me previous car in search of my first BMW that had to have what I wanted and I wasn't settling.
In the end thanks to e90post I was able to find what I was looking for around the price that I thought was fare.
2007 Alpine White on Coral red Leather ( idrive which I love, heated seats, sports package, logic7, 6MT, all original recipes and service records since day 1, and under 53,xxx miles )
Be patient and you to shall find what you are looking for, I found mine 1000 miles away flew to her and drove that ass back. Biggest smile on my face the whole 14hrs drive back lol
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #33
paytiepizzle
New Member
0

 
paytiepizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Do not settle!! Wait until you find the one you want, iDrive was one of my priorities and I would be so upset looking back if I didnt get it. Its more than navigation, its system controls, visual TPMS, and the ability to control your iphone/ipod/phone book is amazing. Just try controlling your ipod with 15k songs on it through that regular radio, NO FUN!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #34
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18

 
techwhiz's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca


Posts: 1,655
iTrader: (3)

I have BT, no I-Drive and am installing a Nexus 7 for Nav and media.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
60

 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA


Posts: 4,585
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasVS View Post
You can always tell those who don't have iDrive. They call it Navigation thinking that's all there is.... Don't leave home without it!
My dad's X5 has Idrive and I use that car most of the time ...
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #36
saxon
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa


Posts: 323
iTrader: (2)

i use my phones navigation over my idrive, and most the idrive options can be coded as well

but since mine is a pre lci, without pandora apps etc

with the newer idrive i would think it would be a necessity, for a 2007-11 i wouldnt worry about it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #37
bplewis24
First Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
bplewis24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA


Posts: 310
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
I have BT, no I-Drive and am installing a Nexus 7 for Nav and media.
Off-topic, I know, but how are you doing the install? I'm considering installing my Nexus 7 in my car as well.
__________________
Brandon
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #38
Be Awesome 335i
Captain
United_States
13

 
Be Awesome 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: LeMans 335i M-Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Roanoke, VA 24014


Posts: 705
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytiepizzle View Post
Do not settle!! Wait until you find the one you want, iDrive was one of my priorities and I would be so upset looking back if I didnt get it. Its more than navigation, its system controls, visual TPMS, and the ability to control your iphone/ipod/phone book is amazing. Just try controlling your ipod with 15k songs on it through that regular radio, NO FUN!
+1

It took me forever to find what i wanted but man does it feel good once you find it!! DON'T SETTLE!!!!!
__________________
E92 335i FBO ///Msport w/Meth+
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #39
DanielGonz
Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: AW E92 335i 6 speed
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal (OC)


Posts: 564
iTrader: (0)

Took me 8 months to find my fully loaded AW E92 black interior 6 speed 335. WELL worth it. I know if I got anything less than what I wanted it would eat me alive everytime I drove the car. Save up and spend the pretty penny for a car you want, you won't regret it and you won't spend hundreds of dollars retrofitting everything you could've had.
__________________

07 AW E92 335 6MT [18" OEM 193's For Sale, PM me]
OEM Aero Lip | OEM Gloss Black Kidney Grills | KW V2 | Vorsteiner CSL trunk | M-Tech Rear Bumper | LCI Rear Taillights | Angel ibright Angel Eyes | 3000K HID fogs | 6000k HID low beams | AFE DCI | Full LED conversion
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #40
billy da kid
New Member
0

 
Drives: newbie
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: maryland


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

help guys

hiya folks!!.. i am new to the USA and i am looking to buy a second hand 2009 bmw 335i coupe i always wanted the 335i and in the UK i had a 320d e90..only reason why i never got 335i was because of fuel costs in the UK.. you fellas in the US have it good (well far more cheaper than us)
anyways to cut a long story short .. i have never bought a car second hand especially a german machine ... always preferred the new package that way i have all the warranty and my exact specs..
i am 32 years old, a CPA by profession and i think i can comfortably afford the second hand car with or without the warranty .. however i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what to look out for and what sort of question to ask the dealer?? and probably get a reduced price
so far i have checked various dealers and the price range for the 2009 335i coupe is about 27k +
I know having read loads of threads the issues associated with the HPFP but are there any other problems i should look out for besides the obvious accident damage??
i contacted both geico and nationwide and got a quote of $330 which i believe is too much considering i have 15 years no claims from UK and a clean drivers license... (Changed my UK license to Maryland one) think they are trying to bump me Insurance is a nightmare i guess i will deal with them more aggressively once i find my dream car...

all in all i am looking to get a 2009 bmw 335i coupe with less than 40k miles sports and cold weather package, preferable in black , mint condition, not previously leased coz lease owners don't really treat their cars right (talking from experience) and definitely with iDrive

appreciate any insight from my fellow BMW fans

peace love and hair greese
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #41
Frankless24
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Bay, CA


Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy da kid View Post
hiya folks!!.. i am new to the USA and i am looking to buy a second hand 2009 bmw 335i coupe i always wanted the 335i and in the UK i had a 320d e90..only reason why i never got 335i was because of fuel costs in the UK.. you fellas in the US have it good (well far more cheaper than us)
anyways to cut a long story short .. i have never bought a car second hand especially a german machine ... always preferred the new package that way i have all the warranty and my exact specs..
i am 32 years old, a CPA by profession and i think i can comfortably afford the second hand car with or without the warranty .. however i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what to look out for and what sort of question to ask the dealer?? and probably get a reduced price
so far i have checked various dealers and the price range for the 2009 335i coupe is about 27k +
I know having read loads of threads the issues associated with the HPFP but are there any other problems i should look out for besides the obvious accident damage??
i contacted both geico and nationwide and got a quote of $330 which i believe is too much considering i have 15 years no claims from UK and a clean drivers license... (Changed my UK license to Maryland one) think they are trying to bump me Insurance is a nightmare i guess i will deal with them more aggressively once i find my dream car...

all in all i am looking to get a 2009 bmw 335i coupe with less than 40k miles sports and cold weather package, preferable in black , mint condition, not previously leased coz lease owners don't really treat their cars right (talking from experience) and definitely with iDrive

appreciate any insight from my fellow BMW fans

peace love and hair greese
I cant say for sure but that insurance rate sounds about right. Unfortunately here in the US insurance is probably much more expensive than the UK (the politics of that are for another story kids). A bit of a trade off for what we pay for cheap gas but under maintained roads and high insurance.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
choose, idrive, navigation, perfect, prefer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST