E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > LOGIC7.. Finally, Optimal EQ Settings for E90, E92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #265
tacosurf
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LiMA PERU

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Belgier View Post
+1

+ 2
tacosurf is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #266
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
 
GOTMH8N's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: c

Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (2)

good stuff, will try these settings soon
GOTMH8N is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #267
OEM99
New Member
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

bump!
OEM99 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #268
cadillacgrills
Private
 
cadillacgrills's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 6 MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 51
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for posting

Will try soon
cadillacgrills is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #269
Geelow
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NorCAL

Posts: 342
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
thank you!
Geelow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #270
bling_singh
Private First Class
 
bling_singh's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

Are there any settings available for Individual Audio? I tried these settings and they worked relatively well except for the highs which were really punchy/sharp for lack of a better word. It was much more pronounced, for example, with female vocalists.
__________________
Wide open road, wide open throttle.
bling_singh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #271
rattmobbins
Captain
 
rattmobbins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NM

Posts: 628
iTrader: (1)

No E91 love eh?
rattmobbins is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #272
CJ421
Brigadier General
 
CJ421's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 3,262
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
No E91 love eh?
Start with settings posted in here and adjust from there. Good CD and an empty parking lot ...
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #273
mfish123
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

2009+ E90 Settings?

It looks like there are some changes to logic 7 starting in 2009. I only see settings for 2009+ for the E92. Does anyone have optimal setting for the 2009+ E90?
mfish123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #274
koresh38
Registered
 
Drives: BMW f30
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Someone asked about HK here.

Have F30 from September with HK. Have been using these settings (post 1) for a month (E90 WITH I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

100hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +3
2khz -2
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +4
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1). Logic 7 is on. IMHO that is the best set up.Punchy bass, beautiful sound. Couple of tips though. Do not rip your CDs to built in hard disc. I think it stores the music in mp3 format which affects the quality. I use ipod classic connected through normal 30-pin usb cable and find it the best option available. THANK YOU, Malek! Great job!
koresh38 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #275
Kid Red
Lieutenant
 
Kid Red's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Casselberry, Fl

Posts: 568
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post
It looks like there are some changes to logic 7 starting in 2009. I only see settings for 2009+ for the E92. Does anyone have optimal setting for the 2009+ E90?
+1 We need to e90 LCI w/iDrive love...
__________________
My Current: 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 335i /Sport/DCT/PDC/Nav/Black Leather/CF Wrapped Interior/Gloss Black Grill/ JB+ / 360 Forged Mesh 8 19" / BMW Performance Rep Trunk Spoiler / More coming...
My Other: 2006 Audi A4- Sold
Kid Red is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #276
I-Dubb
New Member
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

EQ settings x6

hey there!

i have used your settings for my e92 - great stuff, thanks a lot.
Now I have bought x6 with individual high-end audio system and was wondering if you have any suggestions on the optimal EQ settings?

Thanks!
I-Dubb is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #277
bling_singh
Private First Class
 
bling_singh's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Dubb View Post
hey there!

i have used your settings for my e92 - great stuff, thanks a lot.
Now I have bought x6 with individual high-end audio system and was wondering if you have any suggestions on the optimal EQ settings?

Thanks!
Looking for Individual Audio settings as well. Used the ones listed for the HK, but it seemed a bit too punchy. Playing it by ear for now.
__________________
Wide open road, wide open throttle.
bling_singh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #278
EVOO
Registered
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nederland

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Hey Malek,

Just new here (will introduce myself later).

I got a E90 M3 (facelift) and the following option:

0752 Individual Audiosysteem

Is this the Logic7 then ? because it only says "surround" and not "L7 Surround".

Hope you can answer my question.

btw .. i tryd your pre settings and it works / sounds ok ..!
EVOO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #279
EVOO
Registered
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nederland

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Is Malek still alive here ?
EVOO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #280
black_rain
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 550i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

good look ...
black_rain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #281
randomquickness
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,653
iTrader: (13)

was L7 standard on '07 e91 wagons? I've run the vin decoder on models claiming to have L7 and models that don't and they all seem to say "hi-fi" and "professional" radio
__________________
randomquickness is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #282
JackInTheBox
Enlisted Member
 
JackInTheBox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Perfect, thanks guys! Was wondering about those settings.
JackInTheBox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #283
ins1dez
iN dA cLuB
 
ins1dez's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Romania

Posts: 494
iTrader: (1)

Individual Audio Settings anyone ?
ins1dez is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #284
mattryan
Lieutenant
 
mattryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 496
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
Hey guys,

***UPDATE*** This thread has now been updated with 2009+ iDrive SETTINGS.. ***

As promised before, I am starting a NEW thread on the optimal EQ settings for the E90's, E92's, I-Drive and Non I-Drive cars. All the settings are more up to date than before and better.

2009+ E92 iDrive SETTINGS:

These settings work very well for E90's with the 2009+ iDrive as well!

100hz -1
200hz 0
500hz +3
1khz +6
2khz -3
5khz +3
10khz +6

BASS 0
TREB +1
FADER 0
S-VOL: Minimum setting
Aux-In Level: NOT APPLICAPLE IN 2009+ iDrive Systems
LOGIC7 Surround: ON
For those who have the IPOD adapter as well.. make sure the IPOD internal EQ is turned off! (This applies to ALL CARS!)

E92 NON I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

Here are the settings and WHY:

80hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +2
2khz -3
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +3
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = MUSIC
For those who have the IPOD adapter as well.. make sure the IPOD internal EQ is turned off! (This applies to ALL CARS!)

Now as far as LOGIC7 modes... Whether you have I-Drive or not... its a matter of PREFERENCE. The settings posted above, I recommend using LOGIC7 in the MUSIC mode for NON I-Drive vehicles. Why did I say leave it off before, and now I am saying its good to turn on? Well here is the reason: With the FADER set to 0 or biased toward the rear like how some others recommended, you will get that dreaded rear fading issue, where it sounds like the rear's are cutting in and out. First thing is first, sound staging should NEVER be toward the rear of the car. It only crowds the sound and makes certain notes and instruments play very peaky and annoyingly. Listen to some new age classical such as Yanni playing the piano, and you will see exactly what I am trying to say.

If you decide to not use LOGIC7, there is nothing wrong with that. It's merely a matter of preference. Through time and experience with this audio system, I have learned that once dialed in well, the LOGIC7 surround processor actually helps to widen the sound field as if you are in a larger car. This is a very ideal quality! Yes, I do feel that BMW could have done a better job with its LOGIC7 setup (Mercedes does a much better job at it), but this sounds good for what it is.


E92 WITH I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

100hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +2
2khz -3
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +3
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = CONCERT HALL


E90 NON I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

80hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +3
2khz -2
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +4
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = MUSIC

Well, FINALLY those are the settings for the E90's. Unfortunately, the E90's have it worse than the E92's. The sound staging in the coupes are a lot better, bass focus is more centralized, tighter and stronger due to the way its setup in the car. The settings posted directly above, are the best settings I could come up for the E90's with LOGIC7. The under seat subs in the E90's do not provide the same type of bass as opposed to the E92's and in essence its gives the feeling that the stereo is weaker to its 2-door counterpart.


E90 WITH I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

100hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +3
2khz -2
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +4
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = CONCERT HALL

I hope this simplified thread can help all of you... And as always, if any of you have questions or curious about anything, I will do my best to help you out..

Besides myself, there are a few others I have seen around this part of the forum who are knowledgable in the car audio arena. Technik is one of them that comes to mind..

Just a mini FYI.. for those wanting a thumping heart rattling sound system, don't expect these settings to offer that by any means! The LOGIC7 sound system in our E9x's are not that type of audio system. Its basic layout is more SQ than anything. These settings are a prolonged attempt to offer the most balanced, peak-less and desirable sound possible based on what BMW has left on the table for us.

If you do not listen to your music at moderate to high volumes, feel free to adjust the BASS and TREBLE settings to your liking. Those two parameters are set the way they are because I personally listen to music at moderate to higher volumes. Lower volumes may need some additional compensation, BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE EQ!

Again, I hope this helps you guys! Good luck and hopefully enjoy!

--Malek
Just wondering if any of these settings would apply to a 2012 135 with the Harman Kardon stereo?
mattryan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #285
mattryan
Lieutenant
 
mattryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 496
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF
Hey guys,

***UPDATE*** This thread has now been updated with 2009+ iDrive SETTINGS.. ***

As promised before, I am starting a NEW thread on the optimal EQ settings for the E90's, E92's, I-Drive and Non I-Drive cars. All the settings are more up to date than before and better.

2009+ E92 iDrive SETTINGS:

These settings work very well for E90's with the 2009+ iDrive as well!

100hz -1
200hz 0
500hz +3
1khz +6
2khz -3
5khz +3
10khz +6

BASS 0
TREB +1
FADER 0
S-VOL: Minimum setting
Aux-In Level: NOT APPLICAPLE IN 2009+ iDrive Systems
LOGIC7 Surround: ON
For those who have the IPOD adapter as well.. make sure the IPOD internal EQ is turned off! (This applies to ALL CARS!)

E92 NON I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

Here are the settings and WHY:

80hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +2
2khz -3
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +3
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = MUSIC
For those who have the IPOD adapter as well.. make sure the IPOD internal EQ is turned off! (This applies to ALL CARS!)

Now as far as LOGIC7 modes... Whether you have I-Drive or not... its a matter of PREFERENCE. The settings posted above, I recommend using LOGIC7 in the MUSIC mode for NON I-Drive vehicles. Why did I say leave it off before, and now I am saying its good to turn on? Well here is the reason: With the FADER set to 0 or biased toward the rear like how some others recommended, you will get that dreaded rear fading issue, where it sounds like the rear's are cutting in and out. First thing is first, sound staging should NEVER be toward the rear of the car. It only crowds the sound and makes certain notes and instruments play very peaky and annoyingly. Listen to some new age classical such as Yanni playing the piano, and you will see exactly what I am trying to say.

If you decide to not use LOGIC7, there is nothing wrong with that. It's merely a matter of preference. Through time and experience with this audio system, I have learned that once dialed in well, the LOGIC7 surround processor actually helps to widen the sound field as if you are in a larger car. This is a very ideal quality! Yes, I do feel that BMW could have done a better job with its LOGIC7 setup (Mercedes does a much better job at it), but this sounds good for what it is.


E92 WITH I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

100hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +2
2khz -3
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +3
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = CONCERT HALL


E90 NON I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

80hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +3
2khz -2
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +4
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = MUSIC

Well, FINALLY those are the settings for the E90's. Unfortunately, the E90's have it worse than the E92's. The sound staging in the coupes are a lot better, bass focus is more centralized, tighter and stronger due to the way its setup in the car. The settings posted directly above, are the best settings I could come up for the E90's with LOGIC7. The under seat subs in the E90's do not provide the same type of bass as opposed to the E92's and in essence its gives the feeling that the stereo is weaker to its 2-door counterpart.


E90 WITH I-DRIVE SETTINGS:

100hz -2
200hz 0
500hz +2
1khz +3
2khz -2
5khz -1
10khz +4

BASS +4
TREB +1
FADER +2
S-VOL 1
Aux-In Level 3 (center position)
LOGIC7 = CONCERT HALL

I hope this simplified thread can help all of you... And as always, if any of you have questions or curious about anything, I will do my best to help you out..

Besides myself, there are a few others I have seen around this part of the forum who are knowledgable in the car audio arena. Technik is one of them that comes to mind..

Just a mini FYI.. for those wanting a thumping heart rattling sound system, don't expect these settings to offer that by any means! The LOGIC7 sound system in our E9x's are not that type of audio system. Its basic layout is more SQ than anything. These settings are a prolonged attempt to offer the most balanced, peak-less and desirable sound possible based on what BMW has left on the table for us.

If you do not listen to your music at moderate to high volumes, feel free to adjust the BASS and TREBLE settings to your liking. Those two parameters are set the way they are because I personally listen to music at moderate to higher volumes. Lower volumes may need some additional compensation, BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE EQ!

Again, I hope this helps you guys! Good luck and hopefully enjoy!

--Malek
Hey Malek just wondering if you know which set of settings would be optimal for a '12 135 w/HK?
__________________
2012 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | Aluminum Glacier Silver | Premium Package | Executive Package | Premium Sound Package | Navigation | DCT | Performance 313's | FormulaOne Pinnacle 15% | LUX V4's
mattryan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #286
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 964
iTrader: (18)

Anyone have any suggestions for EQ on the Logic7 E90 with a BSW Stage1 Speaker Kit and BSW Subwoofer Kit.
Dracon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST