E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Do your self a favor...NEVER EVER DRIVE THE "FOCUS ST"



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
 
GreekMaverick's Avatar
 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

Posts: 994
iTrader: (1)

Do your self a favor...NEVER EVER DRIVE THE "FOCUS ST"

I am still scratching my head, one of my coleagues bought one few weeks ago (traded his e46 M3 for it)

I thought he was insane at the time....! How wrong was I....that little rocket is in a league all by it self, I have driven pretty much all of the eco(nomy) Rockets: Imprezas/Evolutions/MSpeed3/ etc....!

From the "Heavy quality Thud" the doors make when being closed to the steering and feel of equipment inside the cabin, to those rediculous supportive over-the-top Recaro seats to the Please-row me-harder shifter.

His Vbox best 0-60 is 5.2 Seconds all Stock, Not bad.

Man

BRAVO FORD.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 01-11-2013 at 02:37 PM.
GreekMaverick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (1)

Even the S and SE trim levels are fun to drive and everything about the car feels solid.
TheBingoBalls is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,166
iTrader: (6)

I've had mine for a few months now, and the only complaint I have is that it doesn't come with an LSD from the factory (hope to change that this Spring). I have the full leather Recaros, and they definitely grip.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

And to imagine it could have actually been better had they put in the revoknuckle.... Those cars are great though, definitely one of the few FWD cars on the fun list.
ragingclue is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
 
GreekMaverick's Avatar
 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

Posts: 994
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I've had mine for a few months now, and the only complaint I have is that it doesn't come with an LSD from the factory (hope to change that this Spring). I have the full leather Recaros, and they definitely grip.
Kyleb
What did u had before? 35i?
That little hatch is a riot, I can't believe there is talk for an RS model....!

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 01-10-2013 at 12:26 PM.
GreekMaverick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Bingobimmer
Lieutenant
 
Bingobimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 n54
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the road...

Posts: 490
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Couldn't agree more OP.
__________________
2009 E90 335i AW... Black grills/jb4/lux angel eyes/clear side reflectors/and a few more small mods
Bingobimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
freshwhite335
Colonel
 
freshwhite335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 904 FL

Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Great, now I HAVE to go drive one.
__________________
2012 991 C2S
Still have BMW's in the family:
2003 E39 M5, 2009 F01 750i, 2010 E92 335i
freshwhite335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,416
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Now you are tempting me to test drive one.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
I can't believe there is talk for an RS model....!
It would be nice if they followed through on that.
ragingclue is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,166
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Kyleb
What did u had before? 35i?
That little hatch is a riot, I can't believe there is talk for an RS model....!
e92 M, '07 335i before that.

I know what you're thinking...I'm making this my DD and getting an F32/82 when those arrive.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,982
iTrader: (3)

looks like an epic DD.

But my 335i is my DD right now...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,017
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I'm going to keep my eye out for you around town, shiva! I have a black B8 S4 with a loud AWE exhaust.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

I actually just drove the lower trim Focus and it was honestly a blast to drive. Got it as a loaner. The interior is a huge stepup from previous Ford Focus and the engine was actually really responsive.
Inspired is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
 
GreekMaverick's Avatar
 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

Posts: 994
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I actually just drove the lower trim Focus and it was honestly a blast to drive. Got it as a loaner. The interior is a huge stepup from previous Ford Focus and the engine was actually really responsive.
Again....do your self a favor and don't you ever drive the "ST" at times I could possibly say that it felt much more solid than an e92. I am looking into getting a DD "ST" as we speak.
GreekMaverick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #15
Mr. Liu
Second Lieutenant
 
Mr. Liu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 252
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Again....do your self a favor and don't you ever drive the "ST" at times I could possibly say that it felt much more solid than an e92. I am looking into getting a DD "ST" as we speak.

Whoa whoa whoa there son, now you just crossed the line with that comment!




JK! Now you got me wanting to go test drive one!!
Mr. Liu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #16
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Again....do your self a favor and don't you ever drive the "ST" at times I could possibly say that it felt much more solid than an e92. I am looking into getting a DD "ST" as we speak.
I wouldn't be surprised. I drove the lowest trim Ford Focus and it was overall a very built car.
Inspired is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #17
Cozy
Major
 
Cozy's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 1,489
iTrader: (0)

The RS will arrive and perhaps for you guys in the U.S this time; I don't believe you got the 5cyl MK2 RS did you? Rumour has it that it will use a 2.3L 4cyl designed to go into the new Mustang (a Mustang with 4cyl?!) originally. Apparently 330-350bhp BUT FWD again although with Revo-knuckle. It'll be a blast, the RS's alway look great, I've had the pleasure of growing up with all the great Ford RS series cars here in the U.K. However, will I buy? I'm just not loving the FWD honestly.

I wonder if you guys will get the Saturn Astra in it's latest form? The Vauxhall/Opel Astra VXR has 280bhp and LSD from factory, FWD.
Cozy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
The RS will arrive and perhaps for you guys in the U.S this time; I don't believe you got the 5cyl MK2 RS did you? Rumour has it that it will use a 2.3L 4cyl designed to go into the new Mustang (a Mustang with 4cyl?!) originally. Apparently 330-350bhp BUT FWD again although with Revo-knuckle. It'll be a blast, the RS's alway look great, I've had the pleasure of growing up with all the great Ford RS series cars here in the U.K. However, will I buy? I'm just not loving the FWD honestly.

I wonder if you guys will get the Saturn Astra in it's latest form? The Vauxhall/Opel Astra VXR has 280bhp and LSD from factory, FWD.
Nope we have not received any RS. And as far as the Astra goes, Saturn is dead, so they'd have to peddle it under a different brand.
ragingclue is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
Cozy
Major
 
Cozy's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 1,489
iTrader: (0)

That probably figures that whenever I visit The States most of the Saturn's I see are beaters, I didn't know it was gone. Shame but I guess Ford, originating from America has a decent chance in that market, especially now the Impreza is dropping out of the game. GM would have to push a VXR under Chevvy I guess, I can't see Buick or Cadillac taking it on. In all honesty, an Astra VXR making it over there seems pretty slim which is a shame, it gets good reviews although even with LSD and a faster lap time, apparently not as fun as the Focus.
Cozy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
 
GreekMaverick's Avatar
 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

Posts: 994
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Liu View Post
Whoa whoa whoa there son, now you just crossed the line with that comment!




JK! Now you got me wanting to go test drive one!!
Haha that's pretty funny...I swear I said the SAME EXACT words when he told me "Honestly I think its more solid than my M3"
GreekMaverick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
 
GreekMaverick's Avatar
 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

Posts: 994
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
That probably figures that whenever I visit The States most of the Saturn's I see are beaters, I didn't know it was gone. Shame but I guess Ford, originating from America has a decent chance in that market, especially now the Impreza is dropping out of the game. GM would have to push a VXR under Chevvy I guess, I can't see Buick or Cadillac taking it on. In all honesty, an Astra VXR making it over there seems pretty slim which is a shame, it gets good reviews although even with LSD and a faster lap time, apparently not as fun as the Focus.
I wish we could get the Astra VXR as well as the Renault Megane RS250 state side.
Attached Images
 
GreekMaverick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Just like to point somthing out in this article

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...171225807.html

" Being the fastest front-wheel-drive car is faint praise, like saying you have the most stylish pair of Crocs. The world barely noticed when the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt lapped the Nurburgring under 8:23, which was quicker than a Lotus Exige or a BMW 335i."

I love seeing stuff like that, I'm sorry lol.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST