E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > FS: Vishnu/FFTEC VFF600 Single Turbo Kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #45
D27
Private First Class
 
D27's Avatar
 
Drives: e93
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York queen

Posts: 192
iTrader: (0)

Pm sent
__________________
2008 e93/jet black/sport/ I drive/winter/aero lip /black grill/
More mod coming soon..
D27 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D27 View Post
Pm sent
Replied, but I guess I need to re-iterate...$6500 is a FIRM price. I'm not sure what you guys think this goes for, but if you add everything up, including all the options I chose, it is about $11k retail
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #47
pjdizzle94
Colonel
 
pjdizzle94's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i, 2014 C63 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Posts: 2,674
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Replied, but I guess I need to re-iterate...$6500 is a FIRM price. I'm not sure what you guys think this goes for, but if you add everything up, including all the options I chose, it is about $11k retail
damn thats a sweet price. screw n55
pjdizzle94 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #48
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
ttt
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #49
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,902
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Seriously, people do not understand what an amazing price this is. SMH. Go to the Vishnu website and add all the options/upgrades and it will be about $11,000 or $12,000. That's without installation labor as well.

He has his kit priced at $6,500 and people are still complaining its too high? You must be smoking some crazy stuff to think that. If you can't afford it than stop tire kicking and low balling. Go settle for some RB's or AWD upgrades. Even then you might complain those are too expensive.

Sorry for the rant, Ryan, but some people are just plain retarded.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #50
335_MI6
Colonel
 
335_MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DC/MIAMI/LONDON

Posts: 2,216
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
Seriously, people do not understand what an amazing price this is. SMH. Go to the Vishnu website and add all the options/upgrades and it will be about $11,000 or $12,000. That's without installation labor as well.

He has his kit priced at $6,500 and people are still complaining its too high? You must be smoking some crazy stuff to think that. If you can't afford it than stop tire kicking and low balling. Go settle for some RB's or AWD upgrades. Even then you might complain those are too expensive.

Sorry for the rant, Ryan, but some people are just plain retarded.
true shit, this is a great deal
__________________

Spiike32: "I remember seeing your photoshoot pics with an M3 and was inspired to continue modding to make it look as clean as yours. "
Epacy2: "335=M3?"
THE TECH: "Only 335 guys think so."
335_MI6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #51
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Bump for a good kit and a great guy
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #52
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

BUMP...Also you would have to pay tax if you live in CA.
__________________
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
tmo335tt
Second Lieutenant
 
tmo335tt's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 2008 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: here

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

This is a kick ass deal.. I paid more for my kit, the options add up fast.
tmo335tt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #54
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Free bump for Ryan.
This is a crazy deal. Someone jump on it!
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #55
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
Seriously, people do not understand what an amazing price this is. SMH. Go to the Vishnu website and add all the options/upgrades and it will be about $11,000 or $12,000. That's without installation labor as well.

He has his kit priced at $6,500 and people are still complaining its too high? You must be smoking some crazy stuff to think that. If you can't afford it than stop tire kicking and low balling. Go settle for some RB's or AWD upgrades. Even then you might complain those are too expensive.

Sorry for the rant, Ryan, but some people are just plain retarded.
Supply and demand. Just because something is priced at $1,000,000 doesn't make it worth that much. To be honest $12,000 is a rip off for what you get considering the entire car itself is around $21,000. There are few people with enough money to drop on this kit and even fewer with that much money laying around who would make such a decision. The poor performance at shift sector and transmission issues are another red flag.

There are too many other options priced much more reasonably (RBs) to make this a buy at $6,500. Nevertheless it only takes one buyer so I wish the seller best of luck. Its definitely a sweet kit, no doubt about that.
ign335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #56
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Supply and demand. Just because something is priced at $1,000,000 doesn't make it worth that much. To be honest $12,000 is a rip off for what you get considering the entire car itself is around $21,000. There are few people with enough money to drop on this kit and even fewer with that much money laying around who would make such a decision. The poor performance at shift sector and transmission issues are another red flag.

There are too many other options priced much more reasonably (RBs) to make this a buy at $6,500. Nevertheless it only takes one buyer so I wish the seller best of luck. Its definitely a sweet kit, no doubt about that.
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #57
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.
I don't control the market. The lack of a buyer is telling you what its worth. That being said 600whp is only 60-70 more than the RBs are seeing, but the RB power curve is much thicker. In anything but the highest gears (which these cars cant do anyway because the AT opens) the RB will hang with or exceed a 600whp single. Did any ST cars outrun the RBs at shift sector? I was under the impression they didn't by the huge hype followed by no videos and tales of nothing but problems.

Like I said though, awesome kit with a lot of potential, just not one of the more popular ones right now. I am sure if you hang in there and Shiv gets more power out of these things that the demand will go up.
ign335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #58
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.
I don't control the market. The lack of a buyer is telling you what its worth. That being said 600whp is only 60-70 more than the RBs are seeing, but the RB power curve is much thicker. In anything but the highest gears (which these cars cant do anyway because the AT opens) the RB will hang with or exceed a 600whp single. Did any ST cars outrun the RBs at shift sector? I was under the impression they didn't by the huge hype followed by no videos and tales of nothing but problems.

Like I said though, awesome kit with a lot of potential, just not one of the more popular ones right now. I am sure if you hang in there and Shiv gets more power out of these things that the demand will go up.
I can't recall if there were RB vs. Single runs, I don't think there were. Sick335 wanted to run, but we never seemed to catch each other at the right time. I personally didn't get good videos due to issues with my GoPros. I explained it elsewhere, but basically one camera wouldn't keep a charge and the other I placed in the cabin, which turned out to be a poor spot. I had one video where I kept up with the red tuned Z06 until the last gear, so I was pretty happy with that. I was running 25lb 19" VMRs with full sedan interior.

I don't want this to turn into an RB debate, but there are a number of areas where the single truly shines. As far as the power curve goes, the single makes more power from about 4k to redline and doesn't drop off. When you are racing and going wide open, you are spending the entire time in that power band. And like you mentioned, as time goes on they will keep making more power - I think Shiv had gained 100hp in the past few months alone. I think we will crack 800 given time, so this is just an opportunity to jump in at a great price and enjoy having one of a handful of the fastest 335i's in the world. And in all honesty I don't foresee the other single kits driving the price down to this level, because they have just as much R&D investment, and they need to recover the costs as well. One more kit is nothing like flooding the market with intercoolers or downpipes, this has to be a top notch kit.
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #59
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.
I don't control the market. The lack of a buyer is telling you what its worth. That being said 600whp is only 60-70 more than the RBs are seeing, but the RB power curve is much thicker. In anything but the highest gears (which these cars cant do anyway because the AT opens) the RB will hang with or exceed a 600whp single. Did any ST cars outrun the RBs at shift sector? I was under the impression they didn't by the huge hype followed by no videos and tales of nothing but problems.

Like I said though, awesome kit with a lot of potential, just not one of the more popular ones right now. I am sure if you hang in there and Shiv gets more power out of these things that the demand will go up.
What a prick u enter someone's for sale thread to talk shit about the fact that you bought your used 335i for $21,000 couldn't afford it new and can't afford a used Single turbo. Backing it up with misinformation. Who do you think you are. More specifically there are a large number of people that spent up to $50,000 plus on the E9X's, that's why you are able to buy a used one for $21,000. Beyond that the lack of buyers shows nothing more than people have a lack of funds for the kit at this moment.

To bring up a Trans issue that is an issue for all 6AT's with any upgraded turbo option and blame it on the kit is bull. To state there is only a 60-70 HP increase over RB's is a flat out lie. Compare a 6MT single to a 6MT RB car. It's the same kit and cost. Your talking 100-150hp not the lies your spewing. As for Shift sector yes it was not what we anticipated I was there my motor the kit were perfect the Trans had issues which I'm personally trying to resolve. If you think for a minute that the same Trans issue does not come up with 6AT RB cars your dreaming. Sick335 was there and had the same issue. In our case it was more pronounced as we are pushing a lot more HP.

I would say this that this thread is not the place or the time for you start a ST bash as you have. This is a person For Sale Thread. Have some respect!!!!!!
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #60
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Why did I sell the car?

It was a choice I made, simple as that. I did not trade it for a faster car, I traded it for something more practical and newer. Yes, I actually said one of the things I was looking for was an in dash navigation - it was the ONE thing I regretted about my BMW, ask any of my friends. I am a geek at heart. I have been a programmer for 10 years, my entire professional career. I bought the BMW when I moved to California because I had always wanted a fast and luxurious car, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Now that I've gotten to see what true power feels like, I began revisiting what had always been bugging me - the interior and dash were never really something that truly appealed to me. It was basically a sacrifice to me in order to have a fast car. Retrofitting in the nav was out of the question, though. It was too expensive and too time-consuming.

Why am I being singled out for wanting to trade in my 6 year old car for a brand new 2013 car? Having an integrated 8" flush touch screen, with built in GPS, Sirius radio, full phone integration, etc. is a geek's dream. I love technology, and they went all out on it. I had the car for 2 years, it progressed from the simplest of cosmetic mods to the most extreme of performance mods. I enjoyed it, did pretty much everything, and so it was time to move on.

By the way, I bought a COBB, drove down to SoCal for two days, got a custom tune, and then switched to Procede a few months later. No one said anything about that. My goal was to have fun with the car and try out all the different things. This wasn't the only thing I bought and sold within a short time frame. At the end of the day, I had fun for 2 years in this car, did things most will never do, and I'm just asking you to respect this as any other normal sale thread.
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #61
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Why did I sell the car?

It was a choice I made, simple as that. I did not trade it for a faster car, I traded it for something more practical and newer. Yes, I actually said one of the things I was looking for was an in dash navigation - it was the ONE thing I regretted about my BMW, ask any of my friends. I am a geek at heart. I have been a programmer for 10 years, my entire professional career. I bought the BMW when I moved to California because I had always wanted a fast and luxurious car, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Now that I've gotten to see what true power feels like, I began revisiting what had always been bugging me - the interior and dash were never really something that truly appealed to me. It was basically a sacrifice to me in order to have a fast car. Retrofitting in the nav was out of the question, though. It was too expensive and too time-consuming.

Why am I being singled out for wanting to trade in my 6 year old car for a brand new 2013 car? Having an integrated 8" flush touch screen, with built in GPS, Sirius radio, full phone integration, etc. is a geek's dream. I love technology, and they went all out on it. I had the car for 2 years, it progressed from the simplest of cosmetic mods to the most extreme of performance mods. I enjoyed it, did pretty much everything, and so it was time to move on.

By the way, I bought a COBB, drove down to SoCal for two days, got a custom tune, and then switched to Procede a few months later. No one said anything about that. My goal was to have fun with the car and try out all the different things. This wasn't the only thing I bought and sold within a short time frame. At the end of the day, I had fun for 2 years in this car, did things most will never do, and I'm just asking you to respect this as any other normal sale thread.
Its all good, I don't think anyone is intending to single you out, just trying to understand the motive and the price. It still doesn't make sense to me, but I am OK with that. I am a nerd too .
ign335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #62
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Its all good, I don't think anyone is intending to single you out, just trying to understand the motive and the price. It still doesn't make sense to me, but I am OK with that. I am a nerd too .
Everyone was a bit shell-shocked at the original price, so I made it competitive. I want to sell it so I can buy come camera gear
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #63
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeah View Post
Actually, I'm a techie at heart too and I understand what you mean by the in-dash navigation and so on and so forth.

The Ford Focus is a good car in terms of technology and if I could, I would retrofit my E90 to have many of the new goodies that the newer F30's have.
Fusion, but yea BTW, funny post in the General Section...they say don't drive the Focus ST, you might be too impressed with it
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #64
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
 
dlbrooks18's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,555
iTrader: (2)

Bump for an incredible price! Can't believe you are parting ways with your car and this kit so soon.. Someone is gonna be lucky to get this.
__________________

2008 E90 335

Last edited by dlbrooks18; 01-13-2013 at 07:44 PM.
dlbrooks18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #65
jyeah
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 182
iTrader: (3)

Hope your sale goes well. Great price!
jyeah is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #66
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
ttt
skinrock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST