E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Taking Light Room Requests



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #45
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang View Post
boo hoo. nobody cares.
lets get back to the original purpose of the thread and post some cars and move on, thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #46
RNE90
Lieutenant
RNE90's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: 11' E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Lets see what you can do!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #47
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNE90 View Post
Lets see what you can do!
the picture became grainy the way I wanted it in the front of the car, so I had to settle for a little less, but here I tried

__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #48
RNE90
Lieutenant
RNE90's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: 11' E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
the picture became grainy the way I wanted it in the front of the car, so I had to settle for a little less, but here I tried

love it thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #49
Chuck
Captain
Chuck's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
952
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [3.88]
Some pretty cool transformations on here, so I'm in! Try this?
Attached Images
 
__________________

..JB4 G5 ISO | Helix FMIC | CP-e Chargepipe | Synapse BOV | VRSF Catless DP's | Dinan FFE | Alpina B3 TCU Flash..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #50
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
timmyc's Avatar
Taiwan
2
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (3)

Do people really not know how to do this on their own? Sometimes E90post baffles me
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #51
Chuck
Captain
Chuck's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
952
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyc View Post
Do people really not know how to do this on their own? Sometimes E90post baffles me
Not everybody invests time or energy in p/shop or lightroom. But I agree, sometimes E90post baffles me.
__________________

..JB4 G5 ISO | Helix FMIC | CP-e Chargepipe | Synapse BOV | VRSF Catless DP's | Dinan FFE | Alpina B3 TCU Flash..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #52
trippy
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: NIL
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barbados

iTrader: (0)

Hi can you do mine? - Thanks.


DSC03519 by projectkp, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #53
Otruba_843
Major
Otruba_843's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,458
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy View Post
Hi can you do mine? - Thanks.


DSC03519 by projectkp, on Flickr
Here you go!

__________________
2009 E90 328i Monaco Blue
premium/idrive/convience/logic-7/cold weather/ xenons/ saddle brown interior
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #54
cmyk
resident girl.
cmyk's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,016
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Before:

After:


Any tips or criticism?? I feel it came out too grainy but I guess it was the lens I was using.
Your issue is just that the image was underexposed. Even with a RAW file you can always darken shadows and fix small areas of blown highlights, but you cannot always add detail to underexposed areas. When I'm dealing with shadows or areas of a scene that are tricky to expose properly I always shoot around half a stop wider than necessary (i.e. overexpose just a bit) and adjust exposure down in lightroom, rather than trying to add detail to underexposed areas. Either that, or bracket my exposures and take one shot with the background properly exposed, and a second with the foreground properly exposed, then stitch them together in post. It looks like you were shooting with a fairly narrow aperture and using ISO to adjust exposure, which is what's giving you the grain. It's a fine balance between shooting wide enough to get good detail, while not going so wide that you lose part of your subject to DOF. If I was shooting a scene like this, I would have used auxiliary lighting. That's really the only way you can properly control exposure and keep your aperture narrow enough for a wide subject like a car #photographerproblems
__________________


2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,600
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Your issue is just that the image was underexposed. Even with a RAW file you can always darken shadows and fix small areas of blown highlights, but you cannot always add detail to underexposed areas. When I'm dealing with shadows or areas of a scene that are tricky to expose properly I always shoot around half a stop wider than necessary (i.e. overexpose just a bit) and adjust exposure down in lightroom, rather than trying to add detail to underexposed areas. Either that, or bracket my exposures and take one shot with the background properly exposed, and a second with the foreground properly exposed, then stitch them together in post. It looks like you were shooting with a fairly narrow aperture and using ISO to adjust exposure, which is what's giving you the grain. It's a fine balance between shooting wide enough to get good detail, while not going so wide that you lose part of your subject to DOF. If I was shooting a scene like this, I would have used auxiliary lighting. That's really the only way you can properly control exposure and keep your aperture narrow enough for a wide subject like a car #photographerproblems
I really appreciate the tips, I'll try to figure out how to toy with the camera..I'm a super noob, I just borrowed a Nikon D3000 from my sister and 2 lenses (one close up lens and the other was the one it came with) Thanks a lot
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #56
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy View Post
Hi can you do mine? - Thanks.


DSC03519 by projectkp, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #57
Torres_335i
Banned
Torres_335i's Avatar
0
Rep
93
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Bsm 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

work your magic

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #58
trippy
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: NIL
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barbados

iTrader: (0)

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #59
trippy
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: NIL
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barbados

iTrader: (0)

some editing and a good photo can really bring out a car
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #60
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy
some editing and a good photo can really bring out a car
Yeah, you need a good picture to begin with though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #61
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
58
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)



Show me what chu got naooo!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #62
BMDoublYou
First Lieutenant
BMDoublYou's Avatar
Poland
3
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: CCCXXXV
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

im curious, have a go

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #63
project335i
Banned
Canada
53
Rep
4,505
Posts

 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

iTrader: (6)

^^wow. That colour and stock body and rims do not go. Edit this 1st
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #64
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
^^wow. That colour and stock body and rims do not go. Edit this 1st
hahaha, I'll give it a try. It may be pixilated or grainy due to the quality though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #65
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post


Show me what chu got naooo!
you have something with a better resolution, it's going to get all messed up by the rims I feel like. I'm glad to edit COTM though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #66
TurboSid
Colonel
TurboSid's Avatar
33
Rep
2,248
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 MW/SO DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
good idea.

if you guys wanna get a more artistic look you can try adding a gradient map in PS and then change the blending mode of the gradient map to something like overlay or soft light. Adjust the fill to get the desired look.

Also if you get the original RAW file you can get better results.

If i had PS at home i'd show an example.
__________________


2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT [CURRENT]
2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD]
2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
light room, photoshop, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST