E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMS DP FIX: Leave it on...?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
BMWnation
BMWXXX
 
Drives: 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Q-NY

Posts: 220
iTrader: (1)

BMS DP FIX: Leave it on...?

Hello, I read awhile ago it was stated to remove the DP fix after you passed emission testing.

I currently run Cobb tune. BMS DP fix is set @ 7 o-clock position year round, this way when emission testing comes up I don't have to attached, disconnect the DP fix, it saves me the hassle.
Is this good practice or not?

I know with running the Cobb tune it clears the code, but I need the DP fix for emission testing.
BMWnation is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
gzim335
Lieutenant
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90n54-08 zx10r-lci328ix
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: staten island ny

Posts: 513
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnation View Post
Hello, I read awhile ago it was stated to remove the DP fix after you passed emission testing.

I currently run Cobb tune. BMS DP fix is set @ 7 o-clock position year round, this way when emission testing comes up I don't have to attached, disconnect the DP fix, it saves me the hassle.
Is this good practice or not?

I know with running the Cobb tune it clears the code, but I need the DP fix for emission testing.

you can leave it on,mine been on for over a year with no issues
__________________
2007/1 e90 335i jet black

jb4 g5 iso/bb flash--afe s2 sealed/scoops--cpe dp's sec cat delete dimisa 4"--cpe ic--aa cp/bov--ww meth--fsb-koni yellow h&r sport/lightweight wheels
gzim335 is offline   Montenegro
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
diamondbimmer92
First Lieutenant
 
diamondbimmer92's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

Posts: 395
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
gzim,
I'm about to put my dpfix on my car for emissions. Do you rememeber what you did to get your readiness to set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
you can leave it on,mine been on for over a year with no issues
diamondbimmer92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
It messes with your AFR if you leave it on. Log AFR on bank 1 and 2 to see.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,131
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
It messes with your AFR if you leave it on. Log AFR on bank 1 and 2 to see.
+1. Take it off when you don't need it.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
BMWnation
BMWXXX
 
Drives: 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Q-NY

Posts: 220
iTrader: (1)

Bummer, can't even recall how to remove it (:
Can I turn the dial to off?
BMWnation is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
e90335imike
New Member
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Ohio

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
It messes with your AFR if you leave it on. Log AFR on bank 1 and 2 to see.
How so? It only skews the voltages on the rear two sensors. I'd like to see a log of this.
e90335imike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
bigdaddycane
Time to vamanos...
 
bigdaddycane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Va

Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnation View Post
Bummer, can't even recall how to remove it (:
Can I turn the dial to off?
go to the BMS site and look under INSTALL GUIDES...reverse the steps

HERE http://burgertuning.com/instructions/BMSdownpipefix.pdf
__________________

G5 ISO|BMS Flash|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
bigdaddycane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
BMWnation
BMWXXX
 
Drives: 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Q-NY

Posts: 220
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
go to the BMS site and look under INSTALL GUIDES...reverse the steps

HERE http://burgertuning.com/instructions/BMSdownpipefix.pdf
Thanks, I'll turn it off, see how the car reacts, if not I'll remove it; it's just a pain to do so annually
BMWnation is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
gzim335
Lieutenant
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90n54-08 zx10r-lci328ix
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: staten island ny

Posts: 513
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbimmer92 View Post
gzim,
I'm about to put my dpfix on my car for emissions. Do you rememeber what you did to get your readiness to set?
i put it without messing with the dial at first and it worked fine so default setting from bms was good for my car.
put it without moving the dial and wait for codes to appear...if the dont appear ur fine,if they do you have to turn it..(clock wise or counter clock wise depends on the codes)
__________________
2007/1 e90 335i jet black

jb4 g5 iso/bb flash--afe s2 sealed/scoops--cpe dp's sec cat delete dimisa 4"--cpe ic--aa cp/bov--ww meth--fsb-koni yellow h&r sport/lightweight wheels
gzim335 is offline   Montenegro
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335imike View Post
How so? It only skews the voltages on the rear two sensors. I'd like to see a log of this.
Sure I got logs of bank 2 running a whole point too rich compared to 1 which is spot on. Will have to wait until I am home though. If I forget tonight, pm me to remind me and ill dig it up and graph it.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
MSport35TT
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ & MA

Posts: 676
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [0.75]
Would it be a good idea to leave it on/re install when bringing the car in for service if your are under warranty? Will this method solve questions raised by your SA due to bad o2 reading and CEL (w/out a dp fix and cat-less dps) if your just going in for scheduled maintenance?

A more to the point question: Will using a BMS DP fix allow you to leave cat-less down pipes on while under warranty when having to get an oil change or breaks done at BMW and have a good chance that your warranty will not be voided?

I understand that the tech. will prob hear/see that the cats were removed but since the "DP Fix" removes the check engine light there would be no reason to hook it up to the scanner?

If the tech. does hook the car up to the scanner just as a routine check up on the car, does the "BMS dp fix" hide the fault codes of a missing cat?

Reason for so many questions because I search and tryed asking this in a previous thread with no luck. I am not concerned with passing emissions, I simply want to know if this is a good protection idea against the Dealership voiding my warranty. I understand its not a guarantee just want to see if its worth a shot at trying.

Thank you
MSport35TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
MSport35TT
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ & MA

Posts: 676
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [0.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport35TT
Would it be a good idea to leave it on/re install when bringing the car in for service if your are under warranty? Will this method solve questions raised by your SA due to bad o2 reading and CEL (w/out a dp fix and cat-less dps) if your just going in for scheduled maintenance?

A more to the point question: Will using a BMS DP fix allow you to leave cat-less down pipes on while under warranty when having to get an oil change or breaks done at BMW and have a good chance that your warranty will not be voided?

I understand that the tech. will prob hear/see that the cats were removed but since the "DP Fix" removes the check engine light there would be no reason to hook it up to the scanner?

If the tech. does hook the car up to the scanner just as a routine check up on the car, does the "BMS dp fix" hide the fault codes of a missing cat?

Reason for so many questions because I search and tryed asking this in a previous thread with no luck. I am not concerned with passing emissions, I simply want to know if this is a good protection idea against the Dealership voiding my warranty. I understand its not a guarantee just want to see if its worth a shot at trying.

Thank you
Bump...Anyone?
__________________
TiAg N54 xDrive M-Sport 6MT 2010 I:I N54 I:I CPO-2016
335i SOLD

TMPS Sensor 09+ For Sale
x1 Seat Belt For Sale
MSport35TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
caliguy562
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: garaged somewhere in soCal

Posts: 457
iTrader: (3)

With dpfix installed, you have nothing to worry about on the scan side of things as long as it is working correctly. However, it is not hard to spot aftermarket dps. All the tech has to do is look down the passenger side of the engine bay. There's a huge difference between stock and 3 inch pipes. The techs look at cars all day and can spot differences. Would they void the warranty while during an oil change or brake service? In my personal experience, no. Keep in mind in order for the car not to throw a code while being catless requires a tune or dpfix. I would assume most dealers know this....mine did. Good luck.
caliguy562 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport35TT View Post
Bump...Anyone?
I flash back to stock right before it goes into the service bay. It won't trigger the SES light for 30-40 miles or so. No DP fix needed unless you're doing emissions at the dealer.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
MSport35TT
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ & MA

Posts: 676
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [0.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I flash back to stock right before it goes into the service bay. It won't trigger the SES light for 30-40 miles or so. No DP fix needed unless you're doing emissions at the dealer.
Really? thats good to know. thank you i may hold off from buying one then
MSport35TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
diamondbimmer92
First Lieutenant
 
diamondbimmer92's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

Posts: 395
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Did you reset the octane, throttle, and O2 sensors with 1/7 in the JB4 command mode ever? and did the directions on bms work for you? I've been having trouble getting rid of the 29f4 and 29f5 codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
i put it without messing with the dial at first and it worked fine so default setting from bms was good for my car.
put it without moving the dial and wait for codes to appear...if the dont appear ur fine,if they do you have to turn it..(clock wise or counter clock wise depends on the codes)
diamondbimmer92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
gatorheel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 e90 n54
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CLT

Posts: 142
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbimmer92
Did you reset the octane, throttle, and O2 sensors with 1/7 in the JB4 command mode ever? and did the directions on bms work for you? I've been having trouble getting rid of the 29f4 and 29f5 codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
i put it without messing with the dial at first and it worked fine so default setting from bms was good for my car.
put it without moving the dial and wait for codes to appear...if the dont appear ur fine,if they do you have to turn it..(clock wise or counter clock wise depends on the codes)
I just installed dpfix last night. Had codes 29 well. Turn off autoclear, set jb4 to map 0, plug in laptop and clear codes. Wait to see if you get more dp related codes. If not, no need to reset. I think the reset o2 sensor/ lambda adaptations is applicable to those who get the other set of codes for dpfix too high (more diff to clear). That is my thought. Good luck...
__________________
2009 n54 e90 / ZSP / ZPP / black sapphire metallic / Logic7 / AMS FMIC / BMS 3" DP / BMS OCC / Alpina TCU Flash / ER CP + TIALQ
gatorheel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST