E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > FT: E90 LCI AHL Headlights



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

FT: E90 LCI AHL Headlights

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 500.00
Location:
✓ Will Ship
Item Interest
I've got a pair of E90 LCI AHL headlights I'd like to trade for pre-LCI AHL headlights.

The headlights are complete and include all-OEM components. Bulbs are all high quality OSRAM/Philips as well. The only imperfection is that the larger AE ring on the driver's side is slightly dimmer than the others. Not sure why--the rings look intact from all angles inside the housing, as does the bulb/mirror assembly that drives it. Could probably be evened with a slightly brighter bulb on the driver's side (vs. pass side).

Please note that these are not plug and play. You will need to code your FRM module to accept the different bulbs (to pre-LCI) as well as program the leveling and AHL functions in the modules on the headlights. If your car is currently equipped with an FRM 1 (production up to mid-07, you can check by inspecting the FRM label), you'll also need to retrofit a newer FRM (2 or 3). I have a used FRM2 that I can include for an extra $100.

I cannot offer coding of any sort. I've done some pretty extensive research into retrofitting these properly, and can't really commit the time necessary to learn the programs and procedures involved at this point.

On my car (with the used FRM2), I simply disabled the AHL function and they've been fine otherwise. I suspect this will be the case on any E90 (until you program the FRM/modules for AHL function).




You come to me (Stony Brook, NY), inspect the lights, I install them to your car, you drive home. Again, I suspect everything besides AHL will work, albeit with some bulb-check errors on the dash (before you have them properly coded).



I'll have photos up later today/tomorrow.

Feel free to PM for my cell.

Cheers


Last edited by yakev724; 01-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Willing to sell outright for $1300.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Photos









































Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
rich123321
Captain
rich123321's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Interested in the frm 2. What year is it pulled from?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
rich123321
Captain
rich123321's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724
I've got a pair of E90 LCI AHL headlights I'd like to trade for pre-LCI AHL headlights.

The headlights are complete and include all-OEM components. Bulbs are all high quality OSRAM/Philips as well. The only imperfection is that the larger AE ring on the driver's side is slightly dimmer than the others. Not sure why--the rings look intact from all angles inside the housing, as does the bulb/mirror assembly that drives it. Could probably be evened with a slightly brighter bulb on the driver's side (vs. pass side).

Please note that these are not plug and play. You will need to code your FRM module to accept the different bulbs (to pre-LCI) as well as program the leveling and AHL functions in the modules on the headlights. If your car is currently equipped with an FRM 1 (production up to mid-07, you can check by inspecting the FRM label), you'll also need to retrofit a newer FRM (2 or 3). I have a used FRM2 that I can include for an extra $100.

I cannot offer coding of any sort. I've done some pretty extensive research into retrofitting these properly, and can't really commit the time necessary to learn the programs and procedures involved at this point.

On my car (with the used FRM2), I simply disabled the AHL function and they've been fine otherwise. I suspect this will be the case on any E90 (until you program the FRM/modules for AHL function).




You come to me (Stony Brook, NY), inspect the lights, I install them to your car, you drive home. Again, I suspect everything besides AHL will work, albeit with some bulb-check errors on the dash (before you have them properly coded).



I'll have photos up later today/tomorrow.

Feel free to PM for my cell.

Cheers
Please pm me info on the frm
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
OrlandoBimmer
Elite Force
OrlandoBimmer's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: E93 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orlando FL - United States

iTrader: (0)

Still have the headlights?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #7
AGood22
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
311
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi 2006
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manheim PA

iTrader: (1)

is it plug and play with pre lci e90? if so very interested
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #8
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoBimmer View Post
Still have the headlights?
Yes, PM if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGood22 View Post
is it plug and play with pre lci e90? if so very interested
Paragraph 3, Line 1.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Victorwu120
Captain
Victorwu120's Avatar
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: YMB F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Socal/ SGV 626

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
wait so do the AHL work? i have a LCI e90 already and need one replacement but im willing to take both
__________________
2015 BMW M3 (Yas Marina Blue)| Vollkommen Design USA | AeroFlow Dynamics | Toyo Tires | Floss Design | LTMW | MascunanaBear | KW Suspension | 2Crave Wheels | Evolution Racewerks

Instagram: Victorwu120
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #10
spacemonkey1112
Captain
spacemonkey1112's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
983
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 818, CA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey1112
just to clarify, are you looking for a straight trade? or trade + $500
__________________
2006 E90 325i | Sports Package | 6MT | 3IM | PE | AA |
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
wait so do the AHL work? i have a LCI e90 already and need one replacement but im willing to take both
The AHL motors work but the control modules on the headlights will likely need to be coded before AHL will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
just to clarify, are you looking for a straight trade? or trade + $500
Trade + $500

$1300 if purchased outright
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

I'll be traveling cross country (in a different car) next week and can bring the headlights along for the swap.

I'll be stopping at:

Chapel Hill, NC
St. Louis, MO
Boulder, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Bay Area, CA
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
boost4boobs
Captain
boost4boobs's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
930
Posts

 
Drives: 335i/e34 525/E36 M3/gsxr1000
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: united we stand

iTrader: (7)

Come to Florida , cash in hand
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
pope335i
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White e90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (2)

I'm in the Bay Area so if u don't sell it before u hit the Bay Area ill trade my pre Lci's for urs Lci's plus 500
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost4boobs View Post
Come to Florida , cash in hand
I wouldn't mind but staying north, sorry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pope335i View Post
I'm in the Bay Area so if u don't sell it before u hit the Bay Area ill trade my pre Lci's for urs Lci's plus 500
I'll contact you before I leave. Make sure you read the first post carefully and understand everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 04:01 AM   #16
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Major
BoogeyMan'sBMW's Avatar
Bangladesh
18
Rep
1,380
Posts

 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens NY

iTrader: (3)

i am interested please PM me as to why you are getting rid of them, if you dont mind
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post
i am interested please PM me as to why you are getting rid of them, if you dont mind
I wasn't able to retrofit an FRM2 into my car properly (which is required for full integration and proper AHL operation), and at this point would like to go back to stock and sell the car as I'll be attending grad school in the fall.

PM Sent.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
rich123321
Captain
rich123321's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post
i am interested please PM me as to why you are getting rid of them, if you dont mind
I wasn't able to retrofit an FRM2 into my car properly (which is required for full integration and proper AHL operation), and at this point would like to go back to stock and sell the car as I'll be attending grad school in the fall.

PM Sent.
What issues did you encounter with the frm? Unable to code or what?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
aljoy12
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
910
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento,CA

iTrader: (0)

can meet u at the bay area im very interested just pm me or text me 916 896 7627
__________________
JB4 G5/BMS DCI/BLACKLINES/VB3 19x10/LUX
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
What issues did you encounter with the frm? Unable to code or what?
I just never got into coding modules, just the basic feature coding using NCS. I also have an unoriginal cluster in my car so that may be preventing proper communication. Never used WinKFP

The FRM is fine, it was pulled off a wrecked E90 and works perfectly, just shows bulb-out errors w/ the LCI lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
theblackmamba
Banned
38
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1

iTrader: (8)

were these pulled from an m-sport vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
64
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatsh3said View Post
were these pulled from an m-sport vehicle?
probably not but what does that have to do with anything? Afaik headlights are identical between non-msport and msport.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST