E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 2FBF Fuel pressure injector release



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #23
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
53
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

The level of denial in this thread is amazing. Mark my words, this is the begining of the end for your fuel pump. I'm on pump number three and never threw a ses or limp. However I always threw that code, then like clock work a couple weeks after that code the long cranks would start. Get it fixed ASAP before your stuck in the road fully bolted.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
The level of denial in this thread is amazing. Mark my words, this is the begining of the end for your fuel pump. I'm on pump number three and never threw a ses or limp. However I always threw that code, then like clock work a couple weeks after that code the long cranks would start. Get it fixed ASAP before your stuck in the road fully bolted.
I am not in denial! Just finding out facts.....If I have to pay for the fuel pump so be it, it will cost me less aggravation to change it out myself than to take out everything! I just want to find out if anyone else had this happen to them...This one code without any other codes like misfires etc also attributing to failed fuel pumps..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #25
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
The level of denial in this thread is amazing. Mark my words, this is the begining of the end for your fuel pump. I'm on pump number three and never threw a ses or limp. However I always threw that code, then like clock work a couple weeks after that code the long cranks would start. Get it fixed ASAP before your stuck in the road fully bolted.
so did your pump ever fail or you are claiming that it would have failed if not for the dealer changing it?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #26
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
53
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
so did your pump ever fail or you are claiming that it would have failed if not for the dealer changing it?
all 3 had long cranks, but never threw a ses or limp mode. I never gave them the chance too. The second i see that code, i call bmw and they run a manual pump leak down test, and it fails everytime.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
all 3 had long cranks, but never threw a ses or limp mode. I never gave them the chance too. The second i see that code, i call bmw and they run a manual pump leak down test, and it fails everytime.
so you tell them you scanned your car and the code came up?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #28
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
53
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
so you tell them you scanned your car and the code came up?
No, i tell them the car cranks for too long. The code comes up prior to the long cranks. They take the car, run that manual leak pump test, it fails every time, they shake their heads, wash it, and give it back to me lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #29
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
No, i tell them the car cranks for too long. The code comes up prior to the long cranks. They take the car, run that manual leak pump test, it fails every time, they shake their heads, wash it, and give it back to me lol
Well the code came up only once for me so far....So it only happens when there is long cranks...Hmmm this has yet to happen to me...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Bubbles's Avatar
Cayman Islands
86
Rep
3,560
Posts

 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

iTrader: (3)

My bet is on a fuel pressure sensor going bad. Same thing happened to me.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #31
vampie
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

I got the 2FBF code along with long cranks for 3 months before the HPFP failed.
__________________
H&R Coilovers | AluFelgen CS7 | RR CDV | RR OCC | Helix IC | JB3 2.0 | BMS DCI | STETT Charge Pipe | Forge DV's | BSW Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #32
bigdog34uz
Captain
16
Rep
983
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.50]
I got this code for the first time and no long cranks and the car runs fine should I start worrying? Is My pump is cover up to 100k?
__________________
13.01 @ 107.6mph Mods: OETuning........

13.00 @ 108.89 JB4 Times
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #33
rawbhp
Private First Class
rawbhp's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Herts

iTrader: (1)

How are you reading codes without a JB4 or similar? Is this easy to do? I still have a warranty so don't want to read the code, remove the JB4, then tell the dealer there is an issue and have to explain how I know the code is there!

I have had the code once but cranks fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #34
Fully_Bolted
Banned
6
Rep
443
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbhp
How are you reading codes without a JB4 or similar? Is this easy to do? I still have a warranty so don't want to read the code, remove the JB4, then tell the dealer there is an issue and have to explain how I know the code is there!

I have had the code once but cranks fine.
You can use a scanner to read the code without clearing it. Dealer would never know you scanned it - not that it matters... Dealer cannot deny warranty repairs because you read the code.

That's like a doctor saying your health care provider denied your claim to treat your infection because you checked your own temperature.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #35
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Turned out to be a faulty low pressure fuel pump. Changed it out And code hasn't come back.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST