E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Offical Las Vegas E9Xs Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #287
07_335i_AW
Captain
07_335i_AW's Avatar
10
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
I was able to get the driver side rear almost closed before getting on the 215. I checked the passenger rear to make sure it was fine and it went down with and is stuck. When I heard the passenger side screwing up I couldnt help but laugh at it and say "What are my odds they shit the bed at the same time!?"

I ordered both oem regulators from ECSTuning.



Ouch. Is it making a noise?
I saw you messing with them when we were leaving the bowling alley. I figured you were just trying to get them to the right height. That does suck though. At least you have some new ones on the way.
__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #288
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
I was able to get the driver side rear almost closed before getting on the 215. I checked the passenger rear to make sure it was fine and it went down with and is stuck. When I heard the passenger side screwing up I couldnt help but laugh at it and say "What are my odds they shit the bed at the same time!?"

I ordered both oem regulators from ECSTuning.



Ouch. Is it making a noise?
Oh yeah, this bad boy screams. Sounds close to the turbo siren noise some people are having. Not to worried about it now since it's still working, but going to replace it a few weeks because it's annoying/embarrassing. That plus waste gate rattle is driving me CRAZY.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #289
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
If anyone om here play COD on xbox, add me.
MannyN54
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #290
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
smack's Avatar
Germany
16
Rep
1,568
Posts

 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_335i_AW View Post
I saw you messing with them when we were leaving the bowling alley. I figured you were just trying to get them to the right height. That does suck though. At least you have some new ones on the way.
Yep. I was fighting the stupid window to go back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Oh yeah, this bad boy screams. Sounds close to the turbo siren noise some people are having. Not to worried about it now since it's still working, but going to replace it a few weeks because it's annoying/embarrassing. That plus waste gate rattle is driving me CRAZY.
Dang. Sounds like the bearing are going out. Dont beat on it too hard.
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #291
07_335i_AW
Captain
07_335i_AW's Avatar
10
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas

iTrader: (3)

IN LOVE!!

__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #292
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
Yep. I was fighting the stupid window to go back up.



Dang. Sounds like the bearing are going out. Dont beat on it too hard.
Yep, that's what SW Bimmers told me .
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #293
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_335i_AW View Post
IN LOVE!!

Indeed, told you... the new M5 is it!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #294
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
smack's Avatar
Germany
16
Rep
1,568
Posts

 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

iTrader: (0)

/\ I need some of that in my life. Lol
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #295
07_335i_AW
Captain
07_335i_AW's Avatar
10
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas

iTrader: (3)

YES!! You need to bring one back from Germany!!!
__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #296
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
smack's Avatar
Germany
16
Rep
1,568
Posts

 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_335i_AW View Post
YES!! You need to bring one back from Germany!!!
I want one so bad. It will be hard to fight the temptation of buying a new one while I am there.
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #297
07_335i_AW
Captain
07_335i_AW's Avatar
10
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas

iTrader: (3)

Can only imagine!! Thing is badd!!
__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #298
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_335i_AW View Post
When I had my 335, I did Akebono Euro Ceramics when I had that awful break squeal below 20mph. The rotors seemed fine so I left them alone and had no issues. I just did pads and rotors all around on my 530 because the rotors had a very obvious lip on them. Make sure you get new sensors just to make sure that isn't helping to cause the squeal.
That's exactly my problem. Under 20 squealing. What sensors are you speaking of? Sorry for the newbness on this, BMW's are completely french to me, coming from nothing but asian imports.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #299
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen View Post
That's exactly my problem. Under 20 squealing. What sensors are you speaking of? Sorry for the newbness on this, BMW's are completely french to me, coming from nothing but asian imports.
He's talking about the pad wear sensors. They measure approximately how many miles you have left before your pads needs replacing. Once the pads wear down to the sensor, it breaks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #300
07_335i_AW
Captain
07_335i_AW's Avatar
10
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen View Post
That's exactly my problem. Under 20 squealing. What sensors are you speaking of? Sorry for the newbness on this, BMW's are completely french to me, coming from nothing but asian imports.
Yes..the pad wear sensors. You can get them from fcpeuro.com for 10-15 bucks. You will need two (2) total.. one for the front driver side and one for the rear passenger side.
__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #301
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_335i_AW View Post
Yes..the pad wear sensors. You can get them from fcpeuro.com for 10-15 bucks. You will need two (2) total.. one for the front driver side and one for the rear passenger side.
Fantastic. Thank you. Man I'm not used to a car having so many SENSORS!!!

In other news, dropped the car off this morning for the other work today at SW Bimmers. Seems like good guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #302
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (2)

About to order these.. hope this is all correct.

Brake Pad sensors:

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...ro-34356789440
http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...ro-34356789445

Pads:
http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...o-euro-eur1170
http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...e63-e92-eur918
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #303
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Everything is correct. Actually doing another brake job today when I get home. Did you ever get the JB4 out?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #304
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Everything is correct. Actually doing another brake job today when I get home. Did you ever get the JB4 out?
Hooray! and nooo.. I'm a terrible person and played the role of "super hungover all day" on our last mod day. How long does a brake job generally take? I remember changing my old Evo's brakes. Wasn't too bad, but then again, I'm comparing apples to oranges.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #305
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen View Post
Hooray! and nooo.. I'm a terrible person and played the role of "super hungover all day" on our last mod day. How long does a brake job generally take? I remember changing my old Evo's brakes. Wasn't too bad, but then again, I'm comparing apples to oranges.
Didn't time it, but it's QUICK with two people. I'll say 15-20 minutes a corner if you know what you're doing. So if you're doing it by yourself, about a hour and a half. If you have help, about 45 minutes if you do both sides at the same time. This doing both pads, sensors, and rotors. Since you're doing just pads and sensors, you can knock it out in a hour.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #306
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Didn't time it, but it's QUICK with two people. I'll say 15-20 minutes a corner if you know what you're doing. So if you're doing it by yourself, about a hour and a half. If you have help, about 45 minutes if you do both sides at the same time. This doing both pads, sensors, and rotors. Since you're doing just pads and sensors, you can knock it out in a hour.
... makes me want to just buy the rotors and kill it all at the same time...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #307
Manny_World
Colonel
Manny_World's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,377
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen View Post
... makes me want to just buy the rotors and kill it all at the same time...
Best way to do it IMO.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #308
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
smack's Avatar
Germany
16
Rep
1,568
Posts

 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

iTrader: (0)

Who is doing Bimmerfest....? Im going.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/Bimmerfest-2013/
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST