E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > EFR GTi vs FBO 335's



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #89
busta7777
Captain
 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

Posts: 641
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
You will not murder that gti. The first 335i to run that gti in the vid is mine and I have ran a protuned fbo 335i before that was using 40%/60% e85/93 mixed fuel (I was on 25%/75% e85/93 mixed fuel). I think it would be a close race.

My car was basically the same as it was in this video below.

Lol
U can never compare the power a 335i can make to a power a 335is can make
My pro tuned 335is on less e85 will still take ur regular 335i
had a 07 335i doesnt compare to a 335is the dct makes me pull on any car shifting by atleast a car up im down to run anyone in so cal anytime for some fun runs
busta7777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #90
Stucks
Major
 
Stucks's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montgomery County, MD

Posts: 1,402
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
Lol
U can never compare the power a 335i can make to a power a 335is can make
My pro tuned 335is on less e85 will still take ur regular 335i
had a 07 335i doesnt compare to a 335is the dct makes me pull on any car shifting by atleast a car up im down to run anyone in so cal anytime for some fun runs
While the dct is an advantage, 335is still run similar times to 6AT cars. They trap closely as well. If anything, they are more difficult to get off the line.

remember, all the gti needs is a couple more pounds of boost...and he'd be walking the 335i's in the video. Theres a local 335is who trapped 117-118. A similar 6AT 335i with the same mods, same tune (cobb ap), protuned by the same person trapped 119 and within a 2 tenths of that 335is. I even think it was the same day, same track lol.
__________________
Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.
Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)

Last edited by Stucks; 01-24-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Stucks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #91
busta7777
Captain
 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

Posts: 641
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Lol thats of dig 335is are impossible to launch compare to pressing the brake an launch at 1000 rpm with an auto of roll its another story
Coming from having a 2007 auto 335i to a 335is 2012 dct its way diffrent its a complete different car feels an drives completely diffrent
busta7777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #92
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
Lol thats of dig 335is are impossible to launch compare to pressing the brake an launch at 1000 rpm with an auto of roll its another story
Coming from having a 2007 auto 335i to a 335is 2012 dct its way diffrent its a complete different car feels an drives completely diffrent
I have something setup for this weekend if the weather clears up. Pm me your number.
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #93
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,602
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
335is will be boss from a roll especially with DCT.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #94
Zhijjawi10
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 vw GTI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777
Lol thats of dig 335is are impossible to launch compare to pressing the brake an launch at 1000 rpm with an auto of roll its another story
Coming from having a 2007 auto 335i to a 335is 2012 dct its way diffrent its a complete different car feels an drives completely diffrent
Dude... Punctuation... Google it.

Ps. Ill turn my boost up a few pounds and "murder" your 335is... Damn, your making me wish I lived in SoCal.

Ignorance is bliss, Busta.


Also, here's a vid of my GTI on 18psi, no methanol, full interior, vs a JB4 335is with DCI's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4THV88a-DA&sns=em
Zhijjawi10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
zeel
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/NOVA/DC

Posts: 579
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
This is off topic but at this point who cares lol. Does anyone have a list of the 60-130 times for the DCT 335is? FBO/meth/nometh/whatever?
zeel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #96
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,602
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhijjawi10 View Post
Dude... Punctuation... Google it.

Ps. Ill turn my boost up a few pounds and "murder" your 335is... Damn, your making me wish I lived in SoCal.

Ignorance is bliss, Busta.


Also, here's a vid of my GTI on 18psi, no methanol, full interior, vs a JB4 335is with DCI's.

To be fair a 335is with the stock tune and dci on pump gas on map 1 will only net 320-330 whp at best.

The stock 335is tune runs a real conservative timing curve compared to regular 335i.

What I'd be more afraid of with big power on a 335is is the DCT slipping.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #97
Zhijjawi10
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 vw GTI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
To be fair a 335is with the stock tune and dci on pump gas on map 1 will only net 320-330 whp at best.

The stock 335is tune runs a real conservative timing curve compared to regular 335i.

What I'd be more afraid of with big power on a 335is is the DCT slipping.
Yeah, I was just posting it up for shits and giggles.

This was with 4psi less than when I ran stucks, had my full interior in (200 more lb's), and no methanol.

To be fair...

I just think it's funny how this guy Busta comes into the thread talking mad shit, when he really has no idea. His DCT isn't gonna put car lengths on anyone, unless he's racing someone who shifts like a 90 year old.
Zhijjawi10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #98
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,602
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhijjawi10 View Post
Yeah, I was just posting it up for shits and giggles.

This was with 4psi less than when I ran stucks, had my full interior in (200 more lb's), and no methanol.

To be fair...

I just think it's funny how this guy Busta comes into the thread talking mad shit, when he really has no idea. His DCT isn't gonna put car lengths on anyone, unless he's racing someone who shifts like a 90 year old.
4 psi less and about 9 degrees less of timing compared to these "protuned" Maps.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #99
Fully_Bolted
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 443
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhijjawi10 View Post
Yeah, I was just posting it up for shits and giggles.

This was with 4psi less than when I ran stucks, had my full interior in (200 more lb's), and no methanol.

To be fair...

I just think it's funny how this guy Busta comes into the thread talking mad shit, when he really has no idea. His DCT isn't gonna put car lengths on anyone, unless he's racing someone who shifts like a 90 year old.
4 psi less and about 9 degrees less of timing compared to these "protuned" Maps.
Pretty sure he meant his GTI was running 4 psi less.
Fully_Bolted is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #100
busta7777
Captain
 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

Posts: 641
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhijjawi10 View Post
Yeah, I was just posting it up for shits and giggles.

This was with 4psi less than when I ran stucks, had my full interior in (200 more lb's), and no methanol.

To be fair...

I just think it's funny how this guy Busta comes into the thread talking mad shit, when he really has no idea. His DCT isn't gonna put car lengths on anyone, unless he's racing someone who shifts like a 90 year old.
Lol talking mad shit?
I wasent talking shit at all all i said was a kill ur gti if ur taking it offensive thats u
But since u do live across country this conversation is usless .
.
.
.
.
busta7777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #101
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
Lol talking mad shit?
I wasent talking shit at all all i said was a kill ur gti if ur taking it offensive thats u
But since u do live across country this conversation is usless .
.
.
.
.


I got a GTI in Socal that will race you.

edit: You got PM
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #102
Zhijjawi10
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 vw GTI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Pretty sure he meant his GTI was running 4 psi less.
Yeah I said I was on 4psi less in that second video. Along with full interior and no meth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
Lol talking mad shit?
I wasent talking shit at all all i said was a kill ur gti if ur taking it offensive thats u
But since u do live across country this conversation is usless .
.
.
.
.
I guess popping into a thread with your first post as.... "Lol, I will murder your GTI" isn't talking shit...?

Haha, I take no offense to that. It just makes you look stupid. That's all.

I'm done.
Zhijjawi10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #103
busta7777
Captain
 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

Posts: 641
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Texted u this saturday should b fun!!
busta7777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST