E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > (ISSUE RESOLVED) Just got Scammed



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
I thought you said he wouldnt text you? Now you say he actually did when you were talking after the sale about the receipt? Which one is it?


And also, just because you put pictures up of a car doesnt prove anything. The seller makes a good point in that he has no idea what you did with the exhaust. Maybe you sold it and didnt keep it?
um i asked him for the records weeks ago when he was first replying to me. if you want to call me out then please read my first post before accusing me of things. i don't mean to be rude in any shape or form but i am upset and frustrated that people are accusing me of this when i know what is the truth. he stopped replying to me because he claims that i was threatening him
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #46
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (1)

Op take a video of you doing a few drivebys. Also its called as fuck in nj right now so make a video of the exhaust upon startup. I will be able to tell u within a few seconds if you got the real deal or not
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Delta0311 is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Op take a video of you doing a few drivebys. Also its called as fuck in nj right now so make a video of the exhaust upon startup. I will be able to tell u within a few seconds if you got the real deal or not
Dont see how this is going to prove anything. Just because he may not have a performance exhaust on the car in whatever video he posts doesnt mean he didnt receive a performance exhaust.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #48
Lifted07Duramax
Major
 
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: springfield, mo

Posts: 1,360
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
This would be the most reasonable thing to do, however it is still flawed. The problem is that this guy is just going to take pictures of an exhaust and say "see I told you its not a PE exhaust." As I said, anyone can do this. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the exhaust because I wasnt really trying to actively sell it. If you go back and look at the thread where I sold it, I was just replying to his WTB ad. I told him I had the PE and then facetimed with him to shw him all angles of the exhaust. After having seen the FaceTime, he approved and sent me the money via paypal. I immediately sent him the exhaust and he thanked me when he received it and inspected it. Then days later he started texting me accusing me of fraud. I tried to explain to him that I sent him the real deal but he grew increasing hostile at which point i stopped texting him. Now here we are.


This guy is either pissed because he didnt like the sound of the exhaust OR he is trying as hard as he can to scam me out of my money and my exhaust. Who the hell knows what he actually did with my PE exhaust. Maybe he really did install it or maybe he just sold it and is trying to say that whatever exhaust he is taking pics/vids of is what I sent him. Either way this is total BS.
I dont usually side on this stories because you never know. But if I were the judge to this crazy situation I would ask you to show a picture of the exhaust before you sent it. Most people who sell parts take pics of their product to show people anyways. Sure you guys faced time but you telling us you dont have a pic?
Prove you actually had a PE to begin with and then your story is alot more plausible
Lifted07Duramax is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #49
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

this is MY car a black e90. look at the muffler for those who doubt me.
Attached Images
   
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #50
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax View Post
I dont usually side on this stories because you never know. But if I were the judge to this crazy situation I would ask you to show a picture of the exhaust before you sent it. Most people who sell parts take pics of their product to show people anyways. Sure you guys faced time but you telling us you dont have a pic?
Prove you actually had a PE to begin with and then your story is alot more plausible
The seller could just post up a pic of a performance exhaust and claim that it was his PE....this would solve nothing.

Its not up to the seller to prove his innocence. Its up to the buyer to prove guilt. Thats how it works in America. You are innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
this is MY car a black e90. look at the muffler for those who doubt me.
Cool, so you have pics of what may be a stock exhaust. This still doesn't prove that you didn't receive a performance exhaust.

Pictures are not going to prove or disprove anything here. The seller could easily post up a pic of a performance exhaust and the buyer could have easily sold the performance exhaust and claim he never got it.

Last edited by Donkey Brolic; 01-24-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #51
Lifted07Duramax
Major
 
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: springfield, mo

Posts: 1,360
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
The seller could just post up a pic of a performance exhaust and claim that it was his PE....this would solve nothing.



Cool, so you have pics of what may be a stock exhaust. This still doesn't prove that you didn't receive a performance exhaust.

Pictures are not going to prove or disprove anything here. The seller could easily post up a pic of a performance exhaust and the buyer could have easily sold the performance exhaust and claim he never got it.
ehh not necessarily. I have pics of my wheels and tires which have some of the motorcycle in the pic. I could go snap a pic right now of the garage that would show it was in my garage.
Could be simliar cicrumstance.
Seller this is exactly why I take pics of my stuff before shipping you just never know.
OP, I dunno what to say to you other than I would've asked him to identify a part number and then looked it up before hand if you werent familiar with the part.
Lifted07Duramax is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #52
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax View Post
ehh not necessarily. I have pics of my wheels and tires which have some of the motorcycle in the pic. I could go snap a pic right now of the garage that would show it was in my garage.
Could be simliar cicrumstance.
Seller this is exactly why I take pics of my stuff before shipping you just never know.
OP, I dunno what to say to you other than I would've asked him to identify a part number and then looked it up before hand if you werent familiar with the part.
I sell lots of things and send pictures of the item and then delete the pics once its sold. I dont hang on to old pic of crap I use to own.

I also only take a pic of the item when im selling it. I dont take a landscape view of the surroundings. By your standards, if the seller cant prove his innocence, then he is guilty. As I said, thats not how it works in America.


Also, poor college kid with a e90 and a Merc in the garage? The definition of "poor" must have dramatically changed since I was a kid.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #53
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
I sell lots of things and send pictures of the item and then delete the pics once its sold. I dont hang on to old pic of crap I use to own.

I also only take a pic of the item when im selling it. I dont take a landscape view of the surroundings. By your standards, if the seller cant prove his innocence, then he is guilty. As I said, thats not how it works in America.


Also, poor college kid with a e90 and a Merc in the garage? The definition of "poor" must have dramatically changed since I was a kid.
ok seems like ur trying to be a smart ass? just cause u see a mercedes in my garage doesn't make me lying. its my parents cars. i do not use my parent's money for my mods. i buy my own mods making my own money. and maybe you haven't been to many colleges lately but e90's are the most common. and yes my father bought it for me but i spend my own money for mods. hence the budget part. and what would u like for me to prove that im right cause it seems like your bashing on me and seems like ur the pro off selling? would you like me to personally make a video for you? if so PM me your email and ill make one right away or PM me your number so I can text you the video.
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

and Donkey Brolic it seems like you made your account on this forum just to reply to this thread? you made your account Janurary 24th 2013 which is today and the only thing you've posted is on my thread. hmm
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
ok seems like ur trying to be a smart ass? just cause u see a mercedes in my garage doesn't make me lying. its my parents cars. i do not use my parent's money for my mods. i buy my own mods making my own money. and maybe you haven't been to many colleges lately but e90's are the most common. and yes my father bought it for me but i spend my own money for mods. hence the budget part. and what would u like for me to prove that im right cause it seems like your bashing on me and seems like ur the pro off selling? would you like me to personally make a video for you? if so PM me your email and ill make one right away or PM me your number so I can text you the video.
Theres no need to get defensive and curse.

Video of what? As I said above, a picture (or video) of a non-PE isn't going to prove that you did not receive a PE.

Your story just seems too odd. Especially the part where your friend was supposedly there when you opened the box and saw that it was a stock exhaust yet said nothing to you about it. He says he knew it was a stock exhaust, he knew you already had a stock exhaust, and still didnt bother asking or saying anything?

And the whole receipt thing is weird too. So you say this seller told you he didn't have a receipt for the exhaust yet you bought it anyway without even knowing what a PE was and without asking any real questions? Where did you get into college again?
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #56
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
and Donkey Brolic it seems like you made your account on this forum just to reply to this thread? you made your account Janurary 24th 2013 which is today and the only thing you've posted is on my thread. hmm
Although I did just make this profile as I just bought my car, thats not true, Ive made other posts.

I took a passing interest in this thread when I saw the bit about performance exhausts as I am getting my car track ready. I also was interested as I have a lot of experience selling.

I guess that when I start making good points you feel the need to discredit me? I'll shutup. My point has been made. I wouldn't want to be the next outcast/victim in this community.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #57
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Op take a video of you doing a few drivebys. Also its called as fuck in nj right now so make a video of the exhaust upon startup. I will be able to tell u within a few seconds if you got the real deal or not
I uploaded it to youtube because I don't know how to upload videos on the forum. but for those of you who still doubt me i will make another video as we speak in detail

E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #58
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Although I did just make this profile as I just bought my car, thats not true, Ive made other posts.

I took a passing interest in this thread when I saw the bit about performance exhausts as I am getting my car track ready. I also was interested as I have a lot of experience selling.

I guess that when I start making good points you feel the need to discredit me? I'll shutup. My point has been made. I wouldn't want to be the next outcast/victim in this community.
No i am not discrediting you. i apologize for accusing you for something you didn't do. it is just that sometimes people do go to extremes and make new accounts. so again sorry. and good luck to you with buying your bmw performance exhaust. hope you don't get scammed. i just need to do my research next time. it is entirely my fault i admit it but i just wished incantana would refund me some money as a fellow member. i didn't want it to get this way.
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #59
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
No i am not discrediting you. i apologize for accusing you for something you didn't do. it is just that sometimes people do go to extremes and make new accounts. so again sorry. and good luck to you with buying your bmw performance exhaust. hope you don't get scammed. i just need to do my research next time. it is entirely my fault i admit it but i just wished incantana would refund me some money as a fellow member. i didn't want it to get this way.
Fair enough. Im just being hard on you because as an outsider, you have to admit that the whole story seems very strange. You may have gotten a bad deal. Who knows. Just learn from it and next time make sure you do your research. Good news is that, while a few hundred bucks isn't a small amount, it really isnt that big of a deal in the long run if you learn from this and never make this mistake again.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #60
E90bedi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 BMW 328i xDrive 2009
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Fair enough. Im just being hard on you because as an outsider, you have to admit that the whole story seems very strange. You may have gotten a bad deal. Who knows. Just learn from it and next time make sure you do your research. Good news is that, while a few hundred bucks isn't a small amount, it really isnt that big of a deal in the long run if you learn from this and never make this mistake again.
I understand your side as well and i would react the same way as you are. Also since I am biased because this problem is with me you have the opportunity to look at it open minded so i do thank you for your input.
E90bedi is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #61
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Why doesn't the seller post a pic of the exhaust and prove to us he sent you a PE? Or a pic of his car with it on it. Hmmmmmm
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
      01-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #62
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (1)

I looked at the video and the exhaust does not have a deep growl to it. Park the car outside in the cold for a few hours and then start it. If you have a PE exhaust the growl will be quite noticeable after you start the car. Also the tips on a PE exhaust are a lot wider than a stock exhaust. The PE tips are chrome the ones in the video and look like chrome covers that are fitted over the stock exhaust.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Delta0311 is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #63
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
this is MY car a black e90. look at the muffler for those who doubt me.
Pic 2 clearly shows that the chrome tips are fitted over the stock tips. If you look at the tip on on the left you can see that the chrome overlay was fitted to the very end of the stock tip. And again the width is also wrong in these pics because the PE exhaust tips are visibly wider.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Delta0311 is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #64
Donkey Brolic
New Member
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Pic 2 clearly shows that the chrome tips are fitted over the stock tips. If you look at the tip on on the left you can see that the chrome overlay was fitted to the very end of the stock tip. And again the width is also wrong in these pics because the PE exhaust tips are visibly wider.
I think youre right. it may not be a PE. But just as ive explained before, unfortunately pics and/or videos cannot prove or disprove anything here. Im talking about for the seller or the buyer.

Seller can simply put up a pic of a PE and buyer can simply take a vid or pic of a stock exhaust. Looks like theres no real way to figure this out for sure.
Donkey Brolic is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #65
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
I bought what he claimed to be a BMW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST. We face timed and and i saw the chrome tips and i agreed to the transaction. I paid through Paypal and he shipped right away using ups, tracking number etc. after i got it, i went to get it installed. After installing it we started up the car. I didn't hear a difference at all. Keeping in mind that he only gave me the muffler i realized that i needed a y-pipe to complete the BMW performance exhaust. So i went ahead and deleted the resonator and got the y-pipe installed. After all this money and time spent i still didn't hear what i should be. So after all this the muffler ended up being a stock muffler but he welded on chrome tips. I am not to experienced in exhausts and did not know to look for the plate that is supposed to be welded on. I tried to contact incantana through text again. he did reply the first few times but he would not stop claiming that he indeed sold me a bmw performance exhaust. I asked him to refund me my money, and he could subtract the cost of shipping. Now he doesn't reply and says that I am threatening him. I just wanted to warn fellow forum members for the future.

The one with chrome tips are the one he sold me and the one without is the stock muffler. again he claims the one with chrome tips is a performance muffler.
I watched the main pic on my phone before now I can see it clearly on my PC. This IS NOT A PE.
1. The identification plate located near the tips is not there.
2. On a PE exhaust the pipe connecting out is on the OPPOSITE side of the tips. In the pic the pipe is on the same side.
3. The tips in the pic are NOT fully chromed. PE tips are chrome from front to end.


I'm not going to get into the debate if "bait and switch" was used in this deal but I will clear up the fact that the exhaust depicted in the pics is not a PE.



Seller please post the pics you sent to the OP. This way we can settle this.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92

Last edited by Delta0311; 01-24-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Delta0311 is offline  
0
      01-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #66
R.G.
Lieutenant
 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious

Posts: 587
iTrader: (9)

INCANTANA

Your saying that the pic in the first post is not the exhaust and packaging you sent.
Correct?
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
R.G. is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
scam, scammer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST