E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > My New Duke Dynamics D2 Power Vented Hood.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #89
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
Otruba_843's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
1,503
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC - Athens, GA

iTrader: (0)

looks awesome. I do wish that you would not have edited the photos. Everything is blending too much to even see some of the pics well
__________________
2009 E90 328i Monaco Blue
premium/idrive/convience/logic-7/cold weather/ xenons/ saddle brown interior
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #90
cityazndan
Lieutenant Colonel
cityazndan's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,538
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MD

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Bimmerkit.com for the E90 the vents are more toward the center but still has the center LCI lines. looks good.
Except on the site it says LCI Power vented hood ((
__________________
2007 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW SOLD
2006 BMW M5 The Pumpkin Spice SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #91
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
Alpin3_F30's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
1,463
Posts

Drives: 2015 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Harrison,NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan View Post
Except on the site it says LCI Power vented hood ((
No LCI meaning the LCI style lines down the center. i dont think it means its only for the LCI E90. Both E90 pre LCI and LCI are the same. the Pre LCI and LCI E92's are different. if im wrong someone correct me. i have to tell the owner of the company to change that info on the site.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #92
cityazndan
Lieutenant Colonel
cityazndan's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,538
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MD

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Haha I think you got it backwards.

E92 pre lci and lci, hood doesnt matter. (coupe)
E90 pre lci and lci, hood matters. (sedan)

Correct me if I'm mistaken...pre-lci guys are pretty limited to hood options. either paint the mustache portion (upper) matte black or get the hideous m3 replica hoods. I HATE the bulge imo. Yes, it has to be done on a m3 because of engine location but not in a 335i.

EDIT- On the off chance I am wrong, do they do a FRP version?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW SOLD
2006 BMW M5 The Pumpkin Spice SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #93
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
Alpin3_F30's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
1,463
Posts

Drives: 2015 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Harrison,NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan View Post
Haha I think you got it backwards.

E92 pre lci and lci, hood doesnt matter. (coupe)
E90 pre lci and lci, hood matters. (sedan)

Correct me if I'm mistaken...pre-lci guys are pretty limited to hood options. either paint the mustache portion (upper) matte black or get the hideous m3 replica hoods. I HATE the bulge imo. Yes, it has to be done on a m3 because of engine location but not in a 335i.

EDIT- On the off chance I am wrong, do they do a FRP version?
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #94
cityazndan
Lieutenant Colonel
cityazndan's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,538
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MD

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Well most are m3 replica-seque for the e90 pre lci sedan.

I'll contact bimmerkit and ask if they can make a frp version of the lci hood for me....it looks sick!

Quote:
Duke Dynamics is proud to present the E90 LCI PowerVented (DPV) Hood for the BMW 3-Series; E90 & E91 Facelift (2009-Present model). The DPV Vented Hood is designed to have OEM-type fit and finish and is built to incredibly high standards. Only the highest quality carbon fiber raw materials and resins are used in the production of our ALL our pieces. Weight only at 22 lbs. compare to OEM at 38 lbs.
2009+ (
__________________
2007 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW SOLD
2006 BMW M5 The Pumpkin Spice SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #95
byoung8
Legendary
byoung8's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i E90 TiAg
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Deigo

iTrader: (1)

I love the hood.

Pre-LCI e90 has the upper grilles attached the hood. From what I've seen, LCI grilles are one piece.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I went to Duke's website and it says LCI, nothing for pre-LCI
__________________

'07 335i E90 Titanium Silver
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #96
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
Alpin3_F30's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
1,463
Posts

Drives: 2015 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Harrison,NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung8 View Post
I love the hood.

Pre-LCI e90 has the upper grilles attached the hood. From what I've seen, LCI grilles are one piece.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I went to Duke's website and it says LCI, nothing for pre-LCI
i really couldnt answer that for you. im not sure if pre LCI and LCI matters. call LTMW and check with them i think they carry the DD hoods.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #97
Nhan
nhanweezy
6
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: 2011 z4is
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GA

iTrader: (-1)

When it rains... Your engine bay gets more dirty? No rain channel right?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #98
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
Alpin3_F30's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
1,463
Posts

Drives: 2015 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Harrison,NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan View Post
When it rains... Your engine bay gets more dirty? No rain channel right?
no the holes in the vents are small nothing really gets in there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 03:48 AM   #99
MsportFury
Private
MsportFury's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI E92 M Sport 325d
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: England, Essex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
Hi OP, car looks amazing, I'm really interested in getting one of these hoods, but have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. What is the version of the hood you have? I know it's the pre-lci for E92 but what material? Is it the FRP with carbon vents or full single sided carbon?
2. Can you use the original hood latches etc for the fitting of this hood? Does it need hood pins or anything?
4. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on DD, does the bodyshop have any trouble fitting the hood, the reason I ask is because i'm based in the UK, I don't wanna have to send it back because my bodyshop won't touch it, also, do you know if anywhere over here in England stocks the LCI version of this hood?

Thanks a lot and once again your car looks mean as hell!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #100
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
4223
Rep
4,687
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
Hi OP, car looks amazing, I'm really interested in getting one of these hoods, but have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. What is the version of the hood you have? I know it's the pre-lci for E92 but what material? Is it the FRP with carbon vents or full single sided carbon?
2. Can you use the original hood latches etc for the fitting of this hood? Does it need hood pins or anything?
4. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on DD, does the bodyshop have any trouble fitting the hood, the reason I ask is because i'm based in the UK, I don't wanna have to send it back because my bodyshop won't touch it, also, do you know if anywhere over here in England stocks the LCI version of this hood?

Thanks a lot and once again your car looks mean as hell!
They don't have any in stock. Don't send money! I live near the shop.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 12:12 AM   #101
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
46
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

looks great man.

but is that microfiber towel on the floor...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:35 AM   #102
MsportFury
Private
MsportFury's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI E92 M Sport 325d
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: England, Essex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
Hi OP, car looks amazing, I'm really interested in getting one of these hoods, but have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. What is the version of the hood you have? I know it's the pre-lci for E92 but what material? Is it the FRP with carbon vents or full single sided carbon?
2. Can you use the original hood latches etc for the fitting of this hood? Does it need hood pins or anything?
4. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on DD, does the bodyshop have any trouble fitting the hood, the reason I ask is because i'm based in the UK, I don't wanna have to send it back because my bodyshop won't touch it, also, do you know if anywhere over here in England stocks the LCI version of this hood?

Thanks a lot and once again your car looks mean as hell!
They don't have any in stock. Don't send money! I live near the shop.
Hi, Thank you, but I know as I have been speaking to Duke, they are built to order right? Im gonna get his word on when I will have my order delivered before I spend any money, I'm gonna call him later to discuss some things about the hood, but would still like to hear the OP's opinions etc as its different hearing opinions from someone that bought the hood than getting info from someone trying to sell me something
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:57 AM   #103
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
4223
Rep
4,687
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
Hi OP, car looks amazing, I'm really interested in getting one of these hoods, but have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. What is the version of the hood you have? I know it's the pre-lci for E92 but what material? Is it the FRP with carbon vents or full single sided carbon?
2. Can you use the original hood latches etc for the fitting of this hood? Does it need hood pins or anything?
4. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on DD, does the bodyshop have any trouble fitting the hood, the reason I ask is because i'm based in the UK, I don't wanna have to send it back because my bodyshop won't touch it, also, do you know if anywhere over here in England stocks the LCI version of this hood?

Thanks a lot and once again your car looks mean as hell!
They don't have any in stock. Don't send money! I live near the shop.
Hi, Thank you, but I know as I have been speaking to Duke, they are built to order right? Im gonna get his word on when I will have my order delivered before I spend any money, I'm gonna call him later to discuss some things about the hood, but would still like to hear the OP's opinions etc as its different hearing opinions from someone that bought the hood than getting info from someone trying to sell me something
I've met with Duke a few times. Nice guy. But he's VERY BUSY. So if you want his products, you have to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #104
Kryiu
Registered
Canada
1
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancity

iTrader: (0)

I'd stay away, 5 months ago I ordered this hood, waited 2-3 months.. Heard nothing, gave him a call and he told me that they made the wrong hood, and I would have to wait another 2-3 months to make the new hood. He said he would have them made at the end of September.. So I emailed, called and you get the typical silent treatment. This guy is a disgrace to Canadians.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #105
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
65
Rep
751
Posts

Drives: 2009 e90 335i Lci
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

First time I saw this hood and I love it Our engine bays are so hot it'd be nice to let out some heat
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST