E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Photos taken last year at the Corvette Museum

01-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Photos taken last year at the Corvette Museum

Photos taken last year at the Corvette Museum ... if you go then I recommend the Factory VIP tour highly we enjoyed it immensely. I went with my best friend (he only drives Corvettes') mind you he very much enjoyed sharing the driving down to Bowling Green, Kentucky USA.

I thought I post my photos here some of the Members and friends from other parts of the world might enjoy some of the photos I've taken of the American Sports car with my iPhone 4 ... Please forgive the quality of the pictures, nevertheless the iPhone 4 takes better photos then my last digital camera

This car was in the delivery centre, it was for sale since the customer that ordered this car discovered it had the wrong transmission (he wanted standard).

This photo (and a few that follow) was taken from a poster in the museum naturally photos in the factory are not allowed. I'm sure some of you have seen action from the factory inside on the History Channel

Back to more photos of cars in the museum

This is the original Corvette Museum Sign, we are in the back room of the museum it is part of the VIP Factory Tour ... some of the following photos also taken in that area.

Back out to the Museum .... Some funny licence plates follow

We are back in the Customer Delivery area ... first things first after a long walk

Okay ... back to the cars

A video was playing of the assembly line I took some shots .. sorry they are not vey clear ...

That was not too good ... forgive me Okay ... no more of this ... back to some more pictures

I traveled part of Route 66 in 2009 in my Z4 ... plan to do some more this year in my M3

Look at the number of suppliers, I guess most manufactures have there share

The factory and museum is right of the Interstate in Bowling Green, Kentucky as seen in this photo. I was told that in 2013 the track will be completed opposite the factory and museum. Looks like quite a nice track ... I have to make a return visit and check it out with my M3

At the entrance to the museum there is this stone (there are more from other suppliers) ... anyone need a job, check it out perhaps you get that free Corvette

Time to take another break ... More to be added later ... time to take the dog for another walk

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 01-26-2013 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: added moe photos
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Thanks for sharing. I hope to go there when I order my C7
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Thanks for sharing. I hope to go there when I order my C7
My pleasure ... enjoy I added a few more ... more later

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Thanks for posting M3RD. I have always wanted to go to the vette museum one day.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Thanks for posting M3RD. I have always wanted to go to the vette museum one day.
My pleasure on the way back to Canada we also went to the Henry Ford museum in Detroit. In a few days I shall post pictures form that visit.

If you ever in Canada (Toronto area) let me know perhaps we can make it happen to visit the Corvette factory and museum

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

^^Thanks Rolf-Dieter.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Awesome. Always wanted to go when I had my C5. Guess I'll have to wait until my C7.
Appreciate 0