E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i High Pressure Fuel Pump dead :(



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #67
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
Cheers, I will deff call them tomorrow.
I have 52k on the clock will that still be ok?
if you have full bmw service history and bmw warranty, shouldn't be a problem ....IMO
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #68
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
I agree tomorrow calling other garages. Would like to find a dealer that knows what's they are talking about.
what are the symptoms you're getting?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #69
dandog
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: london, uk

iTrader: (0)

I have a full service history but no warranty. I have been considering BMW warranty for ages now. To be honest the car is fine. Had it on the dyno for the remap. Never got the remap because at around 3000rev the pressure dropped and the bhp levelled off and the torque dropped back to standard. The pressure maxed out at 200 then dropped to 120 at that rev count. I can only assume the hpfp was the reason why we couldn't get more than 316bhp out of the experience. In standard mode it's fine, but means it can't be remapped. Do you think it's the hpfp or something else
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
I have a full service history but no warranty. I have been considering BMW warranty for ages now. To be honest the car is fine. Had it on the dyno for the remap. Never got the remap because at around 3000rev the pressure dropped and the bhp levelled off and the torque dropped back to standard. The pressure maxed out at 200 then dropped to 120 at that rev count. I can only assume the hpfp was the reason why we couldn't get more than 316bhp out of the experience. In standard mode it's fine, but means it can't be remapped. Do you think it's the hpfp or something else

when you have a long crank start (videos on youtube) ....this is a sign of hpfp failure...

not making the power expected can be lots of things...you'll need to read codes for this...

getting an engine warning light aswell... can be lots of things....from vanos to boost leak, to carbonisation of injectors/ intake valves, the list is endless...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #71
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
I have a full service history but no warranty. I have been considering BMW warranty for ages now. To be honest the car is fine. Had it on the dyno for the remap. Never got the remap because at around 3000rev the pressure dropped and the bhp levelled off and the torque dropped back to standard. The pressure maxed out at 200 then dropped to 120 at that rev count. I can only assume the hpfp was the reason why we couldn't get more than 316bhp out of the experience. In standard mode it's fine, but means it can't be remapped. Do you think it's the hpfp or something else
what tune have you got?...maybe a good indy might be more appropriate for you...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #72
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
AlanYoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
97
Rep
3,058
Posts

Drives: F32 435i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South West

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
when you have a long crank start (videos on youtube) ....this is a sign of hpfp failure...

not making the power expected can be lots of things...you'll need to read codes for this...

getting an engine warning light aswell... can be lots of things....from vanos to boost leak, to carbonisation of injectors/ intake valves, the list is endless...
not true kev, i had long crank start but dealer replaced injectors and updated ecu then its was all fine.
i am getting vano's code now but no werid start up. only happens when i floor the car so its back to standard at the moment
__________________
N54 is the Legend!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #73
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Yeah, sorry just to be clear....long crank start could be a sign of hpfp...and normally it is....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #74
dandog
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: london, uk

iTrader: (0)

My car runs perfectly, no issues anywhere it was reading 298bho on the first dyno run with no fault codes or errors. Then the map was out on. This map has been used on other 335i and I saw their charts. I should of got 360bhp at least out of the map. But when dynoing with the new map it started of well. A good 20-30bhp than standard and torque was exceptional higher. However when hitting the 3500 rev the pressure dropped, this was shown on his diagnostic kit that was monitoring the engine. When it hit 200bar the pressure dropped and the bhp levelled off. However there were no codes no faiults shown. How can I find out what the issue is?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #75
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
When you say "pressure"...I'm assuming you're talking about boost?...is that a boost leak that you have?...You started off by mentioning hpfp....

If your car is not making the expected power, as I said you'll need to read the codes...

what map/ tuner did you use?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #76
dandog
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: london, uk

iTrader: (0)

No the fuel pressure, we were monitoring the fuel pressure it reached 200psi then dropped. There was one code that came up with was the air mass multiplication, which I've been told to believe means the mixture or fuel to air was not right. I went for an aggressive map with Jason, I believe I mentioned it to you on another thread. He is addiment that its the hpfp. He swears by his experience it wasn't a turbo pressure lose. I have hardly any experience in this field so I am following what I've been told. I see no reason not to trust his advice he was a great guy and was extremely helpful.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST