E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > *WESTERN NEW YORK* because we don't seem to exist without this thread...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #1519
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht View Post
e92holic, thanks! I may take you up on that! Not the install guide, but kind of a intro to tuning for someone who has no idea what it is...?
Read the stickes here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

The great thing about these tunes, take the JB4 for example you put it in tuning map 5. Map 5 is auto tuning, it figure the air temp, mods, octane, etc etc and adjust everything for perfect running conditions. Put some e85 in the tank with that and holy crap hold on. Im running about 18 psi compared to stock 8.

But in all seriousness I will gladly help you put it in, i have done coding for other members here too. Make sure you get the dual cone intake too!
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #1520
vasisht
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335ix
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92oholic View Post
Read the stickes here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
But in all seriousness I will gladly help you put it in, i have done coding for other members here too. Make sure you get the dual cone intake too!
Awesome...I will definitely take you up on that. I'm learning about coding now and it seems very cool....there's lots of stuff I wish BMW had put in to begin with.
vasisht is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #1521
C.Shopp335xi
First Lieutenant
 
C.Shopp335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi E90 M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 307
iTrader: (0)

Good looking ride!

Seen a black 335i at the Thirsty Turtle in Victor today....anyone here?
__________________
TiAG E90 335xi M-Sport////OSS AE////Dinan Stage II////Stett CAI////AG M310 ////KW V1
Matte Black Kidneys////Painted Reflectors////LTMW CF Lip////AR DP////
C.Shopp335xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1522
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
 
Hasek9339's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 520
iTrader: (1)

Last day in Vegas

Ready to come home on Sunday!!
Hasek9339 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #1523
C.Shopp335xi
First Lieutenant
 
C.Shopp335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi E90 M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 307
iTrader: (0)

Barbera Red E90 Pre-lci 335 going into the Xerox campus this morning...anyone here?

I see a lot of cars, but not a lot of people responding to my inquiries lol. Going to pick my car up in March...hopefully all this snow and salt will be gone by then.
__________________
TiAG E90 335xi M-Sport////OSS AE////Dinan Stage II////Stett CAI////AG M310 ////KW V1
Matte Black Kidneys////Painted Reflectors////LTMW CF Lip////AR DP////
C.Shopp335xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #1524
sismy
New Member
 
sismy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Buffalo

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Hello everyone! I'm considering getting a set of new tires (maybe DWS) and taking them to local wheel shop for mounting and balancing. Here I have Goodyear and Firestone nearby me in Amherst, NY area. Also, I found some shops on Niagara Falls Blvd, Sheridan Dr and Transit Rd. Could someone give me some suggestions if you ever change your tires or wheels in those shops? Thank you so much!

Edward
sismy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #1525
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sismy View Post
Hello everyone! I'm considering getting a set of new tires (maybe DWS) and taking them to local wheel shop for mounting and balancing. Here I have Goodyear and Firestone nearby me in Amherst, NY area. Also, I found some shops on Niagara Falls Blvd, Sheridan Dr and Transit Rd. Could someone give me some suggestions if you ever change your tires or wheels in those shops? Thank you so much!

Edward
Go to firestone on the Blvd and Sheridan. Talk to Bob and tell him Zack from Kenmore Auto tech sent you! If you need any other work done hit me up. We just dont do low profile tires. They have done most of my wheels and tires.
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #1526
sismy
New Member
 
sismy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Buffalo

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92oholic View Post
Go to firestone on the Blvd and Sheridan. Talk to Bob and tell him Zack from Kenmore Auto tech sent you! If you need any other work done hit me up. We just dont do low profile tires. They have done most of my wheels and tires.
Thank you so much for your information, Zack!
sismy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #1527
sjk9671
Private First Class
 
sjk9671's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe AW
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to sjk9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterFuelPhil View Post
Did the car have a bi-turbo badge on it too? If so then I've seen it in Henrietta once
Hey Phil, I think those are two diff cars. I see the slow335 one in East Rochester all the time,
__________________
08 AW 335i - JB4 - Injen DCI - 18" CSL's
Coding by ProfanityPete!
sjk9671 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #1528
sismy
New Member
 
sismy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Buffalo

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

So, I went to Firestone today and talked to Bob. He seems a very nice guy and scheduled an appointment for me tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can complete the alignment well. Thanks Zack!
sismy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #1529
alexukie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: rochester ny

Posts: 297
iTrader: (0)

spring come already!
alexukie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #1530
keeedle
Second Lieutenant
 
keeedle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 265
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexukie View Post
spring come already!
+1
Car washes are useless in this kind of weather
keeedle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #1531
patrickguu
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335ix
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brooklyn/buffalo

Posts: 222
iTrader: (6)

how is towne bmw on mods? are they strict on it? i want to get an oil change and i have a jb4 and intake.
patrickguu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #1532
Jeller
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 ZSP
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 497
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Jeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickguu View Post
how is towne bmw on mods? are they strict on it? i want to get an oil change and i have a jb4 and intake.
Most of the guys are very cool, I have never had an issue. For just an oil change I wouldnt worry about it.
Jeller is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #1533
triger716
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 335i E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

Angry Deer suck!!

Anyone know of a good collision shop?

I hit a dear around 2am this morning going about 40. Needless to say I'm pissed. The car seems to drive fine without pulling or anything, but coolant leaked all over the place and the PDC is obviously toast. Luckily I was very close to my house so I was able to drive it home without it going above normal oil temperature.





I was thinking of taking it to Autobahn Body Werks behind Mercedes Benz of Buffalo right near Towne BMW, but I know nothing about them other than they are a Mercedes certified collision shop, and it says on their website they also specialize in other German cars such as BMW.

Anybody know anything about them?

I looked at the BMW website to locate a BMW certified collision shop, but it appears the nearest one is 5 hours away in PA.

Any ideas on where to take it?
triger716 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #1534
keeedle
Second Lieutenant
 
keeedle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 265
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90  [4.38]
Hey guys!
I just did a LCI rear conversion with CSL trunk from SonicTuning
From this..

To this..
keeedle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #1535
Jeller
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 ZSP
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 497
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Jeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by triger716 View Post
Anyone know of a good collision shop?

I hit a dear around 2am this morning going about 40. Needless to say I'm pissed. The car seems to drive fine without pulling or anything, but coolant leaked all over the place and the PDC is obviously toast. Luckily I was very close to my house so I was able to drive it home without it going above normal oil temperature.
I was thinking of taking it to Autobahn Body Werks behind Mercedes Benz of Buffalo right near Towne BMW, but I know nothing about them other than they are a Mercedes certified collision shop, and it says on their website they also specialize in other German cars such as BMW.

Anybody know anything about them?

I looked at the BMW website to locate a BMW certified collision shop, but it appears the nearest one is 5 hours away in PA.

Any ideas on where to take it?
I have had some minor work done there in the past based on the reputation they had. I was not 100% satisfied with the blend they did on my silver paint. I know its hard to do on silver, I just had high expectations. They did do the work in a good time frame and the process was great overall. Thats my opinion, I have not been over to the new shop yet, I think they moved across the street in the plaza actually.

If you have rental car or another vehicle these guys are good too http://www.hoffmanautomotive.net/
We have had cars in our family done there and the paint has been really good. One warning, they are not the fastest turn around hence the need for another car/rental car.

Jeller
Jeller is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #1536
triger716
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 335i E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeller View Post
I have had some minor work done there in the past based on the reputation they had. I was not 100% satisfied with the blend they did on my silver paint. I know its hard to do on silver, I just had high expectations. They did do the work in a good time frame and the process was great overall. Thats my opinion, I have not been over to the new shop yet, I think they moved across the street in the plaza actually.

If you have rental car or another vehicle these guys are good too http://www.hoffmanautomotive.net/
We have had cars in our family done there and the paint has been really good. One warning, they are not the fastest turn around hence the need for another car/rental car.

Jeller
Thanks Jeller.

After reading more negative comments about Autobahn Body Werks on nyspeed I have pretty much scratched them off of my list.

The body shops I am thinking about now are Hoffman which you mentioned, Gerstner Collision on Main near transit, and Bank Street in Orchard Park. Anyone have any experience with either of them?

I was hoping there would be more recommendations by now.
triger716 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #1537
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Autobahn Blows.. I just posted on your other thread..
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #1538
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeedle View Post
Hey guys!
I just did a LCI rear conversion with CSL trunk from SonicTuning
From this..

To this..
SICK
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #1539
triger716
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 335i E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

Anybody know anything about Towne's Collision center in Orchard Park? The adjuster was just here and he said that they do excellent work, but I would like to have some other people's opinions on them first?

He did say he knows Hoffman Automotive in Buffalo used to do good work, but he hasn't dealt with them in a long time so he couldn't say for sure. He also said Bank Street in Orchard Park was pretty good.

I am having a hard time finding reviews of just about any body shop near Buffalo. It is really hard to know who to trust with my car. I found many threads asking about body shops in WNY over on nyspeed, but none of them end with who the OP ended up taking their car to and how it ended up.
triger716 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #1540
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
 
Hasek9339's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 520
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triger716 View Post
Anybody know anything about Towne's Collision center in Orchard Park? The adjuster was just here and he said that they do excellent work, but I would like to have some other people's opinions on them first?

He did say he knows Hoffman Automotive in Buffalo used to do good work, but he hasn't dealt with them in a long time so he couldn't say for sure. He also said Bank Street in Orchard Park was pretty good.

I am having a hard time finding reviews of just about any body shop near Buffalo. It is really hard to know who to trust with my car. I found many threads asking about body shops in WNY over on nyspeed, but none of them end with who the OP ended up taking their car to and how it ended up.
PM Sent about Bank Street Auto
Hasek9339 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
haha yeah wny rulz!, i hate rental cars, snow seriously? fuuuuuu, tri-state chat>this, west ny = pa, where are my winter tires, wtf no fries?!?!, you mean canada?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST