E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > iOS 6.1 released



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
Savage93R17
Private
 
Savage93R17's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh NC

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-Obsessed View Post
Yes, but did you read the post, did you remove all of the other components as well?
Yeah, Ive done the process before, worked last time, but not this one
__________________
2008 Montego Blue e90 335i -- AFE Exhaust, BMS Dual Intake
Savage93R17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
Tech-Obsessed
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e90 Xi
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Home

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage93R17 View Post
Yeah, Ive done the process before, worked last time, but not this one
Crap...different computer?
Tech-Obsessed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #25
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

Posts: 3,337
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
jailbreak out this week! cant wait!
idrift4wd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
Savage93R17
Private
 
Savage93R17's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh NC

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-Obsessed View Post
Crap...different computer?
Lol, thats what Im thinking, Ill worry about it another time tho
__________________
2008 Montego Blue e90 335i -- AFE Exhaust, BMS Dual Intake
Savage93R17 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
It occasionally "forgets" to pair with my phone after plugging it into the USB in the center console with the lightning cable.
This involves a pain in the ass process of forgetting the phone, then rejoining it to idrive all over again.
iPhone 5 running latest iOS.
Can't WAIT for the new commbox snap in
Unfortunately the behavior you're seeing is by design so I doubt a fix will be forthcoming, but there's also an easier workaround than you're doing now. Basically what's happening is (as the iDrive message explains when you connect your phone via USB), the Bluetooth Audio portion of the Bluetooth pairing gets disabled when you attach the device via USB, not the entire Bluetooth pairing. I assume this is to prevent people from plugging their phone in over USB, accidentally selecting Bluetooth Audio streaming rather than USB as their source, and wondering why the sound quality isn't any better and they still can't navigate their library and see album art.

But once you've disconnected your phone from USB, all you need to do is go to Multimedia > External Devices > Bluetooth (audio), then highlight your phone and press Option. Go to Configure Phone, recheck the Audio checkbox, and you're good to go again.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder

Last edited by jphughan; 01-31-2013 at 10:10 AM.
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
Romanianbimmer
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hot springs Arkansas.

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

Does anybody know if it enables the iPhone 4S to work on LTE ?
Romanianbimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanianbimmer View Post
Does anybody know if it enables the iPhone 4S to work on LTE ?
HA! I give you credit for wishing big, but no, the 4S doesn't have the hardware for LTE. It does expand the 5's LTE support to include more countries, though.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
Romanianbimmer
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hot springs Arkansas.

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
HA! I give you credit for wishing big, but no, the 4S doesn't have the hardware for LTE. It does expand the 5's LTE support to include more countries, though.
Thanks for clearing that for me. I was hoping to finally getting LTE Without upgrading to the 5. Thanks for the clarification.
Romanianbimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
 
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 10,212
iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
It occasionally "forgets" to pair with my phone after plugging it into the USB in the center console with the lightning cable.
This involves a pain in the ass process of forgetting the phone, then rejoining it to idrive all over again.
iPhone 5 running latest iOS.
Can't WAIT for the new commbox snap in
Unfortunately the behavior you're seeing is by design so I doubt a fix will be forthcoming, but there's also an easier workaround than you're doing now. Basically what's happening is (as the iDrive message explains when you connect your phone via USB), the Bluetooth Audio portion of the Bluetooth pairing gets disabled when you attach the device via USB, not the entire Bluetooth pairing. I assume this is to prevent people from plugging their phone in over USB, accidentally selecting Bluetooth Audio streaming rather than USB as their source, and wondering why the sound quality isn't any better and they still can't navigate their library and see album art.

But once you've disconnected your phone from USB, all you need to do is go to Multimedia > External Devices > Bluetooth (audio), then highlight your phone and press Option. Go to Configure Phone, recheck the Audio checkbox, and you're good to go again.
Thanks brother- will try that again, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work
Dark_Knight_335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
Ken07335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i Silver Coupe 6 MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 124
iTrader: (1)

Didn't notice any difference yet. My "Do Not Disturb" feature still lets some calls get through and ring though they're not on the favorites list.
Ken07335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #33
jphughan
Brigadier General
 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 3,322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07335i View Post
Didn't notice any difference yet. My "Do Not Disturb" feature still lets some calls get through and ring though they're not on the favorites list.
Did you manually turn it off after the New Year's bug caused it to stay on? If so, you have to manually turn it back on under Settings, at which point it will start working on the defined schedule again. That messed me up for a few nights as well. And fyi, blocked numbers will always ring even when DND is engaged. I wish they'd add an option for how to deal with those. I personally don't mind the current behavior since my parents' numbers are blocked and I'd want them to be able to reach me in an emergency, but I know some telemarketers use blocked numbers as well.

And of course repeat callers will make your phone ring even while in DND if you have that enabled.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST