E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How old are you guys?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

How old are you guys?

So I've just been looking around the forum, and there seems to be quite a variation in ages (Based on how people conduct themselves), so quite simply, how old are you guys? And when did you get your first 3 series? I'll start this off by saying I'm 17, and blessed to be the son of a high performance car fanatic. Think of this as almost a meet and greet thread for the newbie here.
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
E90_boostjunky's Avatar
27
Rep
1,626
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapptastic View Post
So I've just been looking around the forum, and there seems to be quite a variation in ages (Based on how people conduct themselves), so quite simply, how old are you guys? And when did you get your first 3 series? I'll start this off by saying I'm 17, and blessed to be the son of a high performance car fanatic. Think of this as almost a meet and greet thread for the newbie here.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

hahaha. Yeah I know there's a thread on here from way back in like 2008, but the last post was in 2009. Essentially long dead. I'm more just interested in getting to know some of the people on here
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
JasonDCarton
Captain
JasonDCarton's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
To be frankly honest I have a strong feeling the only reason your posting this is to let us all know you have a BMW at the age of 17, who really gives a single f**c how old the thousands of members on this site are. Not to sound rude but do a search, these threads come up once a week.

Sincerely though congrats on having a dad who is a car fanatic
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
E92GRL
@E92GRL
E92GRL's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
314
Posts

 
Drives: E30 // E92 // E39-sold
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post


oh stop it..


20 years old.. just bought the car =] welcome
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
To be frankly honest I have a strong feeling the only reason your posting this is to let us all know you have a BMW at the age of 17, who really gives a single f**c how old the thousands of members on this site are. Not to sound rude but do a search, these threads come up once a week.

Sincerely though congrats on having a dad who is a car fanatic
Oh... That was totally not the idea here, sorry if it came off as that I've just been seeing quite a few younger people on here, lots of college students anyways, and thought it would be interesting to start a little conversation with people, although this is not quite the first impression I'd intended. I'm still learning the ropes here, so bear with me haha
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #7
JasonDCarton
Captain
JasonDCarton's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapptastic View Post
Oh... That was totally not the idea here, sorry if it came off as that I've just been seeing quite a few younger people on here, lots of college students anyways, and thought it would be interesting to start a little conversation with people, although this is not quite the first impression I'd intended. I'm still learning the ropes here, so bear with me haha
My wrong doing I didn't mean to come off rude. I'm sure you had no intentions of coming off like that I just know a lot of others do. Didn't mean to group you with them.

On another note to get to know people, your dad being a car fanatic, what was your favorite car of his. Cause my dad being the same type ill never forget him taking me for rides in all kinds of cool rides
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #8
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
My wrong doing I didn't mean to come off rude. I'm sure you had no intentions of coming off like that I just know a lot of others do. Didn't mean to group you with them.

On another note to get to know people, your dad being a car fanatic, what was your favorite car of his. Cause my dad being the same type ill never forget him taking me for rides in all kinds of cool rides
Ohh. Thats a tough one. Since being promoted at his office, it's been a pretty solid string of great cars. 2006 MB E55 AMG, then 2007 BMW M6 (Where my Bimmer came from), then 2011 GTR, and now 2013 MB CLS 63. You can probably imagine my difficulty with this one... For pure driving pleasure, probably the GTR, cause if you've ever been in one during a launch, you'll understand...
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #9
e90335iftw
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

19 years old, got the car as a gift from parents about 4 months ago.
only reason i got a car was cause i needed transportation to and from school haha
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #10
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335iftw View Post
1
only reason i got a car was cause i needed transportation to and from school haha
Right... Because a 335 is totally the clear choice of simple transportation lol
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
4,823
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (83)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335iftw View Post
19 years old, got the car as a gift from parents about 4 months ago.
only reason i got a car was cause i needed transportation to and from school haha
Congrats on having Liberal parents

Our (3) kids had to work & buy their own cars - teaches RESPONSIBILITY & prepares them for the real world...
__________________
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #12
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
80
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

whats your tumblr? i want to follow and reblog emo banter and sex gifs....thanks! im 34 ...winks
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,501
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

I'm not old enough to drive yet but I own an awesome car just kidding, but congrats on your new car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #14
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
whats your tumblr? i want to follow and reblog emo banter and sex gifs....thanks! im 34 ...winks
Hahahaha. I may be young, but I'm a strong believer in stranger danger Plus, who actually uses tumblr other than teenage girls?
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #15
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
4,823
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (83)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
whats your tumblr? i want to follow and reblog emo banter and sex gifs....thanks! im 34 ...winks
Shows my age - that entire sentence might as well be Chinese as far as I'm concerned
__________________
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #16
CombatNinja
Banned
CombatNinja's Avatar
19
Rep
1,587
Posts

 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

I'm actually a fetus and I own several BMWs. Don't hate on me though! I work my fetus ass off for everything I have.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #17
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,301
Posts

 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.11]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post


+1

But to play along..
100 - 50 2 - 10 2 = Dirty =O
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #18
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Spensaur's Avatar
8
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: E93 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
No worries. I joined E46fanatics when I was 14 years old and E90post when I was 15 haha.

I'm 19 years old now and very blessed and thankful each and everyday to my parents for bestowing me with such a beautiful automobile
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #19
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
I'm 19 years old now and very blessed and thankful each and everyday to my parents for bestowing me with such a beautiful automobile
+1 Exactly how I feel. lol the rest of you guys and your witty comments
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #20
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,605
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
+1

But to play along..
100 - 50 2 - 10 2 = Dirty =O
If you do the order of operations that comes out to 95...you're real old gramps!


I'm almost 19.
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #21
BrettfordE92
Second Lieutenant
BrettfordE92's Avatar
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: e92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
If you do the order of operations that comes out to 95...you're real old gramps!


I'm almost 19.
hahaha yeah I saw that, but I didn't really know if I wanted to be that guy. I think that would actually put him at 55 though...
__________________
2008 Space Grey x Fox Red E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #22
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
43
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
whats your tumblr? i want to follow and reblog emo banter and sex gifs....thanks! im 34 ...winks



In all seriousness though, I'm 20 in two weeks, had my car sense 18 and yes I've paid for every penny of it (thanks daddy, NOT), even gas and insurance. Call my crazy but I put school on the back burner and put more time into work to fund my car/addiction....
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST