E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > PROCede (v1.47) 335i vs. E60 M5...a bit surprising!



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #67
Maroon
Private First Class
 
Maroon's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4C
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Qatar

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Maroon
I absolutely believe the OP. 0-90 mph is not THAT impressive in the M5. Those M cars are autobahn monsters and their impressive performance comes around 100 mph all the way to 205 mph. That would be very hard to achieve in the 335i, even with procede V5.0.
Maroon is offline   Qatar
0
      08-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #68
Neil
The Designer
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CT, USA

Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Neil Send a message via MSN to Neil
When do you get your check in the mail from Vishnu?
__________________
Neil is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #69
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Yes, I edited the post on M5board to see if there are any volunteers in either Seattle or Florida....

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=102596

I think this would be a good race. The trapspeeds differences between stock M5 / M6s and the Proceed cars are 7-8 mph which means the cars are close in the quarter mile.

E90ice / SFGator, please feel free to post on M5board. There is a healthy dose of skeptism there as well so only vids can solve this....
Thanks; I will definitely consider racing with one of these M5 guys at our local track when I go back in 2 months...just PM me when one of them says ok and we'll coordinate. I think it would be fun!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #70
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
 
mayanh8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DE

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Some people need to be educated... A PROcede 335i vs. E60 M5 is very close at low speeds - 100'ish.

Have a look at this whole vid, especially after the first run.

M5 w/exhaust vs. "chipped" 335i
mayanh8 is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #71
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanh8 View Post
Some people need to be educated... A PROcede 335i vs. E60 M5 is very close at low speeds - 100'ish.

Have a look at this whole vid, especially after the first run.

M5 w/exhaust vs. "chipped" 335i
at 5500 ft elevation and it's a street race

let's try and find a video that's not shot at the top of a mountain
ward is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #72
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Oh, I guess if I'm such a great driver, then why not believe me in this case?

btw -- those 2 timeslips were 2 different E60 M5s with different drivers on different nights; just the same track. My timelsip was of course on another night. I guess they both suck as drivers then, huh? And, yes, I admitted that the M5 1/4 mi. trapspeeds are much higher than mine (although my highest trap that night was 107.15mph).
looks at the 60 foot times, you're faster there by a good margin
the M5's have got higher trapspeeds by the 1/8 mile already, and they stretch the gap in speed over the second half of the race (meaning they're gaining on you from their bad or cautious launch)

sometimes people with expensive stuff don't like to abuse it to get the best 1/4 mile times.

it looks to me like all evidence from the drag times shows that you're a better driver than the M5 guys, and that the M5 is faster than your car.
ward is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #73
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanh8 View Post
Some people need to be educated... A PROcede 335i vs. E60 M5 is very close at low speeds - 100'ish.

Have a look at this whole vid, especially after the first run.

M5 w/exhaust vs. "chipped" 335i
Wow, that was me, except not in S. Africa and not in a right-hand drive 335i. Anyway, thanks A LOT for posting that. Now, maybe, just maybe some of these doubting thomas' may finally be quiet (well, probably not, but it was worth a shot).

Man, that M5 w/ exhaust sounds MEAN!!! :rocks:
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #74
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
looks at the 60 foot times, you're faster there by a good margin
the M5's have got higher trapspeeds by the 1/8 mile already, and they stretch the gap in speed over the second half of the race (meaning they're gaining on you from their bad or cautious launch)

sometimes people with expensive stuff don't like to abuse it to get the best 1/4 mile times.

it looks to me like all evidence from the drag times shows that you're a better driver than the M5 guys, and that the M5 is faster than your car.
I NEVER said the M5 wasn't faster than my PROcede 335i, especially above 120mph. My runs with the E60 M5 were from 0-2mph roll - ~ 90mph.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #75
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

wait, what are we talking about then....

the 335 could certainly be considered "close" to as fast as the M5, of course that depends on your definition of "close" though

and if a 335 is close to an M5, what's the next step down the chain that's close to a 335?
ward is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #76
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
 
mayanh8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DE

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
at 5500 ft elevation and it's a street race

let's try and find a video that's not shot at the top of a mountain
Ok, take it to lower elevation then get rid of the race exhaust the M5 has...

The result would probably be the same. Face it... you haven't driven both cars and your knowledge on the subject is less than thorough. There is no need to get all bent out of shape about this.
mayanh8 is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #77
jbake
OG
 
jbake's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Valley Jo

Posts: 920
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
we are comparing a top of the line ///M model to a run of the mill 3-series. It's a testament to the 335i that we are even having this question.

I had a guy pull next to me in an ///M5 and I said "you gotta let me hear that thing roar!" He agreed and we both took off. Yeah he roasted me but it wasn't like he was racing a Kia or something.
__________________
jbake is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #78
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Wow, that was me, except not in S. Africa and not in a right-hand drive 335i. Anyway, thanks A LOT for posting that. Now, maybe, just maybe some of these doubting thomas' may finally be quiet (well, probably not, but it was worth a shot).

Man, that M5 w/ exhaust sounds MEAN!!! :rocks:
What are of FL are in you? Anywhere near Sarasota? I have an M5 waiting.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #79
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
What are of FL are in you? Anywhere near Sarasota? I have an M5 waiting.
Please PM me, but no, I'm not near Sarasota.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #80
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
What are of FL are in you? Anywhere near Sarasota? I have an M5 waiting.
Nothing for me in Seattle?
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #81
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,170
iTrader: (0)

...jeezus...the whole time I was reading this thread and thinking "can't we all just get along?".

Anyways, now that things have cleared up, I'd like to ask why his story is so hard to believe. I think that after two runs I'd be gunnin' it all the way. I mean, sure, a good majority of his posts are praise for the PROcede, but that doesn't make the story any less credible in my eyes. We have to remember that the M cars have never been drag cars (hate to be the 100th person to say that).

Hope you had fun with the 5.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #82
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
...jeezus...the whole time I was reading this thread and thinking "can't we all just get along?".

Anyways, now that things have cleared up, I'd like to ask why his story is so hard to believe. I think that after two runs I'd be gunnin' it all the way. I mean, sure, a good majority of his posts are praise for the PROcede, but that doesn't make the story any less credible in my eyes. We have to remember that the M cars have never been drag cars (hate to be the 100th person to say that).

Hope you had fun with the 5.
Thank you.

btw -- It's b/c of runs like this with the E60 M5 (and others with cars such as 3 SRT-8s, an E46 M3, a Porsche Boxter S, a Porsche 911, a modded Evo, a GTO 6.0L w/ exhaust, etc.) that I've praised the PROcede so much!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #83
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

When I was at the track, there was an older guy with a E60 M5 and his best run of the night was 13.0 @ 111 mph. It was over 90 F.
My best run was 13.1 @ 106. He claimed he wasn't launching hard enough, but still....those were the times he got.

PS. Most of the cars were running slow due to the heat.
The PROcede didn't seem to mind....
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #84
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Nothing for me in Seattle?

E90ice, thanks for the volunteering.....represent the 335i

At least 1 modded E39 M5 and possibly one stock E60 M5 await for you at the Battle of the Imports this Friday. The M5board memer with the E39 M5 is Fast4door and the E60 owner is Lightstar.

Please see this thread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=102596

and confirm your attendance....
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #85
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Thank you.

btw -- It's b/c of runs like this with the E60 M5 (and others with cars such as 3 SRT-8s, an E46 M3, a Porsche Boxter S, a Porsche 911, a modded Evo, a GTO 6.0L w/ exhaust, etc.) that I've praised the PROcede so much!
Oh, I completely understand. After hearing about all your stories the first thing I wanna do after getting a new set of wheels is a PROcede (probably 2.0 by the time I make the purchase). You should be a spokesperson or something lol
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #86
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
E90ice, thanks for the volunteering.....represent the 335i

At least 1 modded E39 M5 and possibly one stock E60 M5 await for you at the Battle of the Imports this Friday. The M5board memer with the E39 M5 is Fast4door and the E60 owner is Lightstar.

Please see this thread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=102596

and confirm your attendance....
Did you get my PM about getting an E60 M5 to go to the track with my brother and I (and possibly a couple other 335i's) in Oct. or Nov.? This time my brother wants to run his heavily modded '91 Dodge Stealth twin turbo, instead of his Lotus Elise (w/ NOS). I think it would be a lot of fun to have a bunch of us race together!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #87
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Oh, I completely understand. After hearing about all your stories the first thing I wanna do after getting a new set of wheels is a PROcede (probably 2.0 by the time I make the purchase). You should be a spokesperson or something lol
No, contrary to what some people believe, I do NOT work for Shiv nor do I get any discounts or financial compensation...I just love the PROcede and my PROcede 335i! I was one of Shiv's original XEDE beta testers though back in 12/06, but just like everyone else, I paid the same $$ for the product...just got a free personal install by Shiv.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #88
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

I'll feel bad for you if that 3.0 craps out on you one day from all the extra boost...but maybe it'll all be worth it...
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST