E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > bbs ch r and tyres new



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

bbs ch r and tyres new

as per thread I posted, I bought myself a set of brand new silver 19" bbs ch r wheels with goodyear eagle 2 tyres 235 front and 265 rear non runflat for my 60th birthday. got the car out today and decided I prefer the 313's. bbs cost me 2400 and have apparently gone up since. so up for sale for 2250 collected. wheels/tyres are brand new and have not been on the car. sorry no pics as I still haven't learned how to do it but there are plenty of google pics of the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
46
Rep
3,723
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

Have you got a smart phone?

If you have open a photobucket account and download the app to the phone.

Really easy to take the picture, upload and then post picture on forum.

Best of luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Have you got a smart phone?

If you have open a photobucket account and download the app to the phone.

Really easy to take the picture, upload and then post picture on forum.

Best of luck with the sale.
thanks for the advice, unfortunately my phone came out of the ark!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
3,160
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
You can email them to me if ou want and i will post them up for you.
__________________

LM Reps - Borla Exhaust - Active Autowerks Chargepipe and Blow Off - JB4 G5 ISO - Burger Tuning Intake - Koni Street Shocks - Apex Springs - Whiteline Bushes - M3 rear Arms
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,363
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Lovely, lovely wheels. Have this bump on me.

(They won't fit on my car and more importantly I don't have 2k)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Hotcoupe
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
6,105
Posts

 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Jeff, I'm down in Maidstone on Tuesday,if you want me to pop in and take some pics,let me know.
I can then upload them for you.

Alternatively,if you're over the other residence, I can go there.

Shame about the CH-R's,but the 313's are stunning
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by Hotcoupe; 02-03-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #7
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
P 5UML's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Put them on the car bud! I am pretty sure you'd change your mind once on!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Jeff, I'm down in Maidstone on Tuesday,if you want me to pop in and take some pics,let me know.
I can then upload them for you.

Alternatively,if you're over the other residence, I can go there.

Shame about the CH-R's,but the 313's are stunning
thanks pm sent
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
You can email them to me if ou want and i will post them up for you.
thanks pm sent
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
343
Posts

 
Drives: 335d M Sport Saloon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shropshire

iTrader: (0)

I presume these cost 2400 including the tyres?

I do very much like these wheels and have been considering buying a set (I personally think they're better looking than 313s). Forgive me for saying, but 2250 doesn't represent much saving (I can get alloys without tyres for 1555, and don't have to travel).

I guess if you find someone local looking for the tyre and wheel combo it might be tempting, GLWS
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirocheter View Post
I presume these cost 2400 including the tyres?

I do very much like these wheels and have been considering buying a set (I personally think they're better looking than 313s). Forgive me for saying, but 2250 doesn't represent much saving (I can get alloys without tyres for 1555, and don't have to travel).

I guess if you find someone local looking for the tyre and wheel combo it might be tempting, GLWS
yes including tyres, same combination are on ebay now for 2700.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,698
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

iTrader: (0)

What no you just got these!!!

Oh well fantastic wheels. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
108
Rep
6,849
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Too expensive for me... But a lovely lovely wheel. I'd love to be in the position to buy them (But if I did, I'd be looking to pay used no more than 1200 for the alloys only and wouldn't need the tyres)

GLWS!!!
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Hotcoupe
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
6,105
Posts

 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Pics of Acerboo's wheels/tyres

Please contact Acerboo (Jeff) regarding the wheels/tyres.

















Stuuning!




PS. The wheels are fitted with the rim protectors on, as they have never been on the car/road.
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
davyk31
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,472
Posts

 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

If there are guys willing to buy the alloys only why not keep the tyres, you will need them sometime soon I'm sure and may ease the sale of the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #16
Hotcoupe
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
6,105
Posts

 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirocheter View Post
I presume these cost 2400 including the tyres?

I do very much like these wheels and have been considering buying a set (I personally think they're better looking than 313s). Forgive me for saying, but 2250 doesn't represent much saving (I can get alloys without tyres for 1555, and don't have to travel).

I guess if you find someone local looking for the tyre and wheel combo it might be tempting, GLWS
No need to travel to pick up the wheels/tyres.

Paisley Freight will collect/deliver wheels for about 40.00,a cost that I'm sure Jeff would negotiate on.

After seeing the wheels in the flesh,I think the deal Jeff is offering represents a good saving, and a very fair sale.
The wheels still have the rim protection fitted, have never seen a hub,let alone rotated on tarmac,so are brand new.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wheels.php

The offsets are ET35 rear/ET32 front, ideal for the E9x, and have upsized brand new rubber 235/265.

If I still had my car,I would have come away with them yesterday,rather than take pictures

Good luck Jeff
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
No need to travel to pick up the wheels/tyres.

Paisley Freight will collect/deliver wheels for about 40.00,a cost that I'm sure Jeff would negotiate on.

After seeing the wheels in the flesh,I think the deal Jeff is offering represents a good saving, and a very fair sale.
The wheels still have the rim protection fitted, have never seen a hub,let alone rotated on tarmac,so are brand new.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wheels.php

The offsets are ET35 rear/ET32 front, ideal for the E9x, and have upsized brand new rubber 235/265.

If I still had my car,I would have come away with them yesterday,rather than take pictures

Good luck Jeff
Ian thanks for doing the pics and the enhanced write up! appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Not a Diesel!!!
Private First Class
3
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 330i Sport Touring
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Nice wheels. Missed out on a set of mint BBS for my other car & have been kicking myself daily.

I was after some CSL reps soon. I like the way the CSL rears curve into the centre more than the fronts (deeper dish?). Do these do the same or do the wheels look the same front to rear (with the exception of the width?)

Can anyone comment on fit on a touring & clearance? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
Hotcoupe
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
6,105
Posts

 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Diesel!!! View Post
Nice wheels. Missed out on a set of mint BBS for my other car & have been kicking myself daily.

I was after some CSL reps soon. I like the way the CSL rears curve into the centre more than the fronts (deeper dish?). Do these do the same or do the wheels look the same front to rear (with the exception of the width?)

Can anyone comment on fit on a touring & clearance? Cheers
The LCI tourer shares the same width of wheels (19") as the pre-LCI,and the wheel offsets are the same.

19" OEM wheels are:
Front 8J x 19 ET37, Rear 9J x 19 ET39 (based on 225's/ 230's and 313 rims.)

The BBS wheels are:
Front *8.5J* x 19-ET32,Rear *9.5J* x 19-ET35

So the front wheels will sit approx 9/10mm further out in the arch.
The rear wheels will sit approx 9/10mm further out in the arch.

Both the E90 & E91 (both pre LCI & LCI) have more room in the arches than the E92,so given the offsets and wheel widths would fit the E92 comfortably,I can see no problem with these wheels having any clearance issues on the LCI tourer,even with the upsized tyres.

The BBS wheels don't have the same depth of concavity as that of the CSL wheel,but there is a difference front to back,the rears being more concave.

** Jeff, can you confirm the wheel widths, are they 8.5J / 9.5J?
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,686
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
The LCI tourer shares the same width of wheels (19") as the pre-LCI,and the wheel offsets are the same.

19" OEM wheels are:
Front 8J x 19 ET37, Rear 9J x 19 ET39 (based on 225's/ 230's and 313 rims.)

The BBS wheels are:
Front *8.5J* x 19-ET32,Rear *9.5J* x 19-ET35

So the front wheels will sit approx 9/10mm further out in the arch.
The rear wheels will sit approx 9/10mm further out in the arch.

Both the E90 & E91 (both pre LCI & LCI) have more room in the arches than the E92,so given the offsets and wheel widths would fit the E92 comfortably,I can see no problem with these wheels having any clearance issues on the LCI tourer,even with the upsized tyres.

The BBS wheels don't have the same depth of concavity as that of the CSL wheel,but there is a difference front to back,the rears being more concave.

** Jeff, can you confirm the wheel widths, are they 8.5J / 9.5J?
yes that's correct, ideal widths for the 235/265 tyres.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
108
Rep
6,849
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
If I had the money I'd buy these in a heartbeat Jeff. My cheeky offer WITHOUT tyres of course stands, but I imagine someone will buy them sooner or later all in.

If they were even a tyre I'd put on my car I'd consider it - but I'd just have to sell them

They are so gorgeous ..
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
108
Rep
6,849
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
By the way, I've an LCI 335d with 313m Alloys and would consider these a MASSIVE upgrade in looks. Have you tried fitting them? I'm sure you'll love the look of the car fitted...
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST