Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire wear data

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

01-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
ben1364
Captain

Drives: E90 330iA

Tire wear data

I searched and found no real data on tire wear experience. If you have worn out (not damaged) a tire or tires, please tell us how many miles it/they delivered. Please include operating conditions such as where (road materials and surface makes a difference); whether you checked and maintained tire pressures recommended by BMW (or other tire pressures selected by you); average loads, and anything else that you wish to share. Thanks.
      01-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
ward
Major General

Drives: F

even if you get really high perf tires they should last 20-25 thousand

I got about 25000 commuting (mostly) miles on 2 sets of PS2's on an E36 M3
      01-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
Dgunsuh
Private

Drives: 330i

I had these same tires (non run-flats) on my '04 TL and at 15,000 miles, there was significant wear on them, at least half the tread was gone, and since I hated the tires to much, I had them replaced with Pirelli P-Zero Nero's.
For some reason, they weren't great at all on the TL, but they don't seem all too bad on the E90.
Dgunsuh is offline   United_States
      01-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
ben1364
Captain

Drives: E90 330iA

Thanks guys. My post was prompted by someone who has read complaints somewhere about tire wear specific to Bridgestone run flat tires all season tires on E90 cars. I am trying to determine if there is anything to the story circulating elsewhere. My E90 has over 7000 miles and the tires look good so I am inclined to believe that the problem(s) reported elsewhere are not tire or car related.