E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2006 Pre-LCI E90 Angel eyes LED conversion.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Question 2006 Pre-LCI E90 Angel eyes LED conversion.

Hi all,

Got an 06 pre-LCI E90 325i with Xenons and the horrible yellow angel eyes (what were BMW thinking!!). I'm looking to change the angel eyes to the bright LED ones.

Can anyone recommend a reputable online retailer of a suitable replacement, preferrably in the UK? I'd like to have BMW genuine parts but when I asked, they told me they don't manufacture the LED conversion of the angel eyes for my car.

Ideally I'd like a direct swap, but understand this might not be feasible, however I'd like to avoid any unnecessary mods to any of the housings (such as drilling holes etc. etc.).

Furthemore, is there a way of ensuring the new LED angel eyes will match the brightness (K value?) of the current xenon headlights? I don't want super bright angel eyes that look like they've obviously been replaced as they're so much brighter than the actual headlights. Is there a way of finding out the current K value of my headlights???

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers in advance,
JB.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,350
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84 View Post
Hi all,

Got an 06 pre-LCI E90 325i with Xenons and the horrible yellow angel eyes (what were BMW thinking!!). I'm looking to change the angel eyes to the bright LED ones.

Can anyone recommend a reputable online retailer of a suitable replacement, preferrably in the UK? I'd like to have BMW genuine parts but when I asked, they told me they don't manufacture the LED conversion of the angel eyes for my car.

Ideally I'd like a direct swap, but understand this might not be feasible, however I'd like to avoid any unnecessary mods to any of the housings (such as drilling holes etc. etc.).

Furthemore, is there a way of ensuring the new LED angel eyes will match the brightness (K value?) of the current xenon headlights? I don't want super bright angel eyes that look like they've obviously been replaced as they're so much brighter than the actual headlights. Is there a way of finding out the current K value of my headlights???

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers in advance,
JB.
Why not replace the angel eye bulb with an LED bulb from LUX. The color would be white and a 100% improvement from what you have now.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Why not replace the angel eye bulb with an LED bulb from LUX. The color would be white and a 100% improvement from what you have now.
Well I think that's what I mean?! As far as I can tell, it's not necessary to change whatever physically makes the angel eye ring, but just the bulb providing the light through it yes? Is that right?

I had eyed up these: http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_LED_angel_eyes.html
What do you reckon?

Which LUX product would you recommend?
Thanks.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,350
iTrader: (2)

Yes, just need to change bulb. I would email Lux for their advice on what to use. I have halogen headlights and use the LUX LCI halogen bulbs which will not work with xenons. They have bulbs for xenons with a selection of color temps. Good Luck.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
rjrankin83
Private
 
rjrankin83's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: fernandina beach fl

Posts: 75
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84 View Post
Well I think that's what I mean?! As far as I can tell, it's not necessary to change whatever physically makes the angel eye ring, but just the bulb providing the light through it yes? Is that right?

I had eyed up these: http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_LED_angel_eyes.html
What do you reckon?

Which LUX product would you recommend?
Thanks.
Those bulbs are for LCI I believe. I have Lux v4 and couldn't be happier. Check out these for their latest model of LED for pre-LCI (E90 v5.2 the middle tab on the products page)
rjrankin83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for that, they look great.

I was looking at option 2 on the Burger Tuning website. Pretty sure they are pre-LCI no??
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
rjrankin83
Private
 
rjrankin83's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: fernandina beach fl

Posts: 75
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84 View Post
Thanks for that, they look great.

I was looking at option 2 on the Burger Tuning website. Pretty sure they are pre-LCI no??
Yeah sorry I only saw option 1 the first time. Option 2 is pre-LCI LED's
rjrankin83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

Posts: 3,363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84 View Post
Thanks for that, they look great.

I was looking at option 2 on the Burger Tuning website. Pretty sure they are pre-LCI no??
yes, they have pre-lci LED option. GO FOR IT! huge change in appearance
idrift4wd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Ordering them tomorrow!! Will post pics.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
rich123321
Captain
 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84
Ordering them tomorrow!! Will post pics.
I don't recommend the bms ones. I've seen them in person and wasn't impressed. Lux is the way to
Go
rich123321 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
I don't recommend the bms ones. I've seen them in person and wasn't impressed. Lux is the way to
Go
I haven't gone BMW as they don't manufacture them for my particular model. I've gone for some from a UK based company that manufacture them. I've also gone for some ice white Xenon gas filled fog light bulbs as well so they should look good.

Fitting them this weekend. Will post pics.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

New LED angel eyes. Such a vast improvement on the original ones.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Photos as requested by a member.

1. Before (on the left) and after (on the right)
2. Front on, taken early evening hence they look brighter.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
iamthe123
New Member
 
Drives: E90 330d msport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: nottingham

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Where did you get them from in the end?

Cheers.
iamthe123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #15
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Hi, I got them from a company called MStyle in the end.

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/

The guys there are really helpful and very knowledgable.

Cheers.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
An8nd
New Member
 
Drives: BMW e90 320d 07
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Hey sorry I have a non-lighting related question for your car...What grill do you have? Is it just painted to match the car colour? Also have you sprayed the eyebrows on yur headlights?
An8nd is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
jb84
Private
 
jb84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Hi,

The grill is the standard E90 pre-LCI grill in the standard chrome effect finish.

The eyebrows have not been sprayed. What you see is standard apart from the LED angel eyes.

Cheers.
__________________
2006 E90 325i SE - Silver - Manual - Xenon Headlights - Full Leather Interior - Extended Interior Light Package - DCC - 18" Black Multispoke Alloys ~ Style 269.
jb84 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
joeyb649
Private First Class
 
Drives: 06 325i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United States

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84
Hi, I got them from a company called MStyle in the end.

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/

The guys there are really helpful and very knowledgable.

Cheers.
Which ones did you get exactly, thanks
joeyb649 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST