E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Install Shop For Aftermarket HU



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Install Shop For Aftermarket HU

I purchased a Pioneer AVH-P6300BT head unit and a Pioneer AVIC-U220 for navigation. Can anyone recommend a install shop/individual/forum member that can do it without cutting any wires and also keeping my steering wheel controls. I also want to reroute my OEM headunit to the trunk. Thanks for the help.
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
bimmerfrk
Private First Class
 
bimmerfrk's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 4dr
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC & some PA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Oh boy.. I hope you brought your flame suit
bimmerfrk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Oh boy.. I hope you brought your flame suit
seriously y come on to jus post something that doesn't help anyone...its my personal taste if i wanted to change my head unit...i wasnt asking for your opinion of if i should do it or not...
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
bimmerfrk
Private First Class
 
bimmerfrk's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 4dr
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC & some PA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure12 View Post
seriously y come on to jus post something that doesn't help anyone...itís my personal taste if I wanted to change my head unit...I wasnít asking for your opinion of if I should do it or not...
Well itís just that the head units in our cars do other things than play music. By removing it you are asking for a lot of problems. Iím not saying it canít be done, but itís not done by the majority of people that own these cars, and for a reason

I'm sure that if it could be achieved without f**ing everything up, there would be more empirical evidence of people accomplishing such tasks

Itís a German car; you canít mod the fck out of it without consequence. So if you want to be in the shop every other day... no scratch that, hour, then go ahead and throw that pioneer in. Iím sure it would be bad ass!
bimmerfrk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Well itís just that the head units in our cars do other things than play music. By removing it you are asking for a lot of problems. Iím not saying it canít be done, but itís not done by the majority of people that own these cars, and for a reason

I'm sure that if it could be achieved without f**ing everything up, there would be more empirical evidence of people accomplishing such tasks

Itís a German car; you canít mod the fck out of it without consequence. So if you want to be in the shop every other day... no scratch that, hour, then go ahead and throw that pioneer in. Iím sure it would be bad ass!
Iím pretty clear on the capability of the OEM Radio...hence the reason Iím relocating it to the trunk to retain all the functions such as updating software, chimes as well other various functions...in my previous e46 i had a pioneer double din that i never had an issue with so Iím pretty i wonít be in a shop every day...with the correct harness everything is plug and play aka reversible...
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
bimmerfrk
Private First Class
 
bimmerfrk's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 4dr
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC & some PA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Cool man good luck hope all works out. If you figure out the harnes and all can keep it somewhat stock drop me a pm ill do it aswell. But no slicing and dicing for me though. Lata man!
bimmerfrk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Cool man good luck hope all works out. If you figure out the harnes and all can keep it somewhat stock drop me a pm ill do it aswell. But no slicing and dicing for me though. Lata man!
thanks...no problem i will keep posted...
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
lemmegetatthat
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lemmegetatthat's Avatar
 
Drives: race car
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: queens, ny

Posts: 1,520
iTrader: (11)

its very possible, many people have done it, there are ready made harnesses for the controls. I know its possible, but I never took the time to figure it out. check the audio section.

Also, this guy from LI got his system done in SI
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685446
__________________
lemmegetatthat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
its very possible, many people have done it, there are ready made harnesses for the controls. I know its possible, but I never took the time to figure it out. check the audio section.

Also, this guy from LI got his system done in SI
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685446
NICEEE...thanks...will pm him for more info...
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
 
Nypeder's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325i/335i & e92 328xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: copiague ny

Posts: 17,750
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
its very possible, many people have done it, there are ready made harnesses for the controls. I know its possible, but I never took the time to figure it out. check the audio section.

Also, this guy from LI got his system done in SI
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685446

Yup call up james at xclusv and tell him mike with the orange e90 sent you. They were able to run a extra harness to the back of my car so that I can plug in my old head unit if I ever need to plug it in for coding. I have full steering wheel controls, didn't loose my seat belt chime and no problems with taking the head unit out
__________________
Shits Stock-Under Construction.Again
MARTINO AUTO CONCEPTS
Nypeder is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
Yup call up james at xclusv and tell him mike with the orange e90 sent you. They were able to run a extra harness to the back of my car so that I can plug in my old head unit if I ever need to plug it in for coding. I have full steering wheel controls, didn't loose my seat belt chime and no problems with taking the head unit out
u are the man...that's exactly what i want...thanks man...side note, are u also on e46fanatics...i was also a member there when i had my e46...
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
 
Nypeder's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325i/335i & e92 328xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: copiague ny

Posts: 17,750
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure12 View Post
u are the man...that's exactly what i want...thanks man...side note, are u also on e46fanatics...i was also a member there when i had my e46...
Yup and he's done alot of work for people on e46fanatics too
__________________
Shits Stock-Under Construction.Again
MARTINO AUTO CONCEPTS
Nypeder is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #13
Cure12
Private First Class
 
Cure12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 136
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
Yup and he's done alot of work for people on e46fanatics too
did they have to cut any wires?
__________________
///Mods: COBB (Stage 1+ Aggressive), ER CP, Helix FMIC, Dinan FFE, LTBMW MSport Lip, BMS N55 Intake, LED Interior Lights, HPB LED Angel Eyes, 6000K HID Fogs, CF Wrapped Interior Trim, 35%Tint, P3 Vent Guage...///
Cure12 is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST