E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #265
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Good news, techs found a bunch of updates... Side note - I had to come up with stupid things to say so they would look more into it... Misfires, rough cold start, irregular hard AT upshifts and lag in acceleration. Saying those things may prompt them to look harder. Any idea how long these updates take?
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #266
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Any news on aggressive maps?
We have Stage1 Aggressive maps available now. Do mean Race maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Good news, techs found a bunch of updates... Side note - I had to come up with stupid things to say so they would look more into it... Misfires, rough cold start, irregular hard AT upshifts and lag in acceleration. Saying those things may prompt them to look harder. Any idea how long these updates take?
Updates can take a while... get comfy. Glad they're sorting you out!

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #267
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Yeah it's been 4 hours so far... Good thing they have a sweet setup where I can just keep busy with work
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #268
Earlfish
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Good news, techs found a bunch of updates... Side note - I had to come up with stupid things to say so they would look more into it... Misfires, rough cold start, irregular hard AT upshifts and lag in acceleration. Saying those things may prompt them to look harder. Any idea how long these updates take?
So I just bought an Accessport today, was all excited and realized I had an unsupported ROM.

I have an appontment scheduled at the dealer on Monday. I told them I had issues with idle and cold start and general powerband hiccups.

Any other tips to get this update done? I really want to run the Accessport.

*first post btw
Earlfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #269
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlfish View Post
So I just bought an Accessport today, was all excited and realized I had an unsupported ROM.

I have an appontment scheduled at the dealer on Monday. I told them I had issues with idle and cold start and general powerband hiccups.

Any other tips to get this update done? I really want to run the Accessport.

*first post btw
Nice first post... Here's my update from today which may be very valuable to you guys wanting an update.

Tell them there is this SIB available for your car...

SIB 120912 - cold starts, Rough idling, acceleration lag

I'm actually very surprised how nice the car drives with the update. What an improvement... when i first started the car up, I thought it died but then i looked at the RPMs and it was hovering nicely just under 1k. The engine seems sooooo smooth and shifts perfectly i'm a happy camper
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #270
Earlfish
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Nice first post... Here's my update from today which may be very valuable to you guys wanting an update.

Tell them there is this SIB available for your car...

SIB 120912 - cold starts, Rough idling, acceleration lag

I'm actually very surprised how nice the car drives with the update. What an improvement... when i first started the car up, I thought it died but then i looked at the RPMs and it was hovering nicely just under 1k. The engine seems sooooo smooth and shifts perfectly i'm a happy camper
Thank you so much, going in there with the SIB number will be huge. Wish me luck.
Earlfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #271
Numa-IV
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlfish View Post
So I just bought an Accessport today, was all excited and realized I had an unsupported ROM.

I have an appontment scheduled at the dealer on Monday. I told them I had issues with idle and cold start and general powerband hiccups.

Any other tips to get this update done? I really want to run the Accessport.

*first post btw
I think all you need to do is send your ROM to Cobb for quick support. You only need to go to the dealer for an update if you are running the "volatile" ROM versions mentioned earlier in this thread.
Numa-IV is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #272
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numa-IV View Post
I think all you need to do is send your ROM to Cobb for quick support. You only need to go to the dealer for an update if you are running the "volatile" ROM versions mentioned earlier in this thread.
You are correct, but I believe Earl does have one of the 'bad' roms. I think he was chatting with one of our techs a little while ago. The service bulletin posted above should help. Thanks Slops!

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #273
Earlfish
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
You are correct, but I believe Earl does have one of the 'bad' roms. I think he was chatting with one of our techs a little while ago. The service bulletin posted above should help. Thanks Slops!

-Josh
You are indeed right, I have one of the "Bad" roms.

And I was so looking forward to this being my first mod this weekend.
Earlfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #274
Freelo
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 135
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Huge thanks to Slops for being the guinea pig and negotiating this update -- and getting that SIB number!

I will be heading in for the update in a couple of weeks and will report back.
__________________
Koni sport, BMW performance springs, M3 arms and sways front and rear, M3 subframe bushings, Velocity toe arms, M3 front strut bar, Cobb, ETS FMIC, Wagner catted DP, Vishnu charge pipe, RPI scoops, M3 steering wheel, City Vision angels, CDV delete, Advan RS 18 inch, Pilot SS
Freelo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #275
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
We have Stage1 Aggressive maps available now. Do mean Race maps?



Updates can take a while... get comfy. Glad they're sorting you out!

-Josh
Yes sorry, race maps and e85 etc
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #276
SpartanGA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 388
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Nice first post... Here's my update from today which may be very valuable to you guys wanting an update.

Tell them there is this SIB available for your car...

SIB 120912 - cold starts, Rough idling, acceleration lag

I'm actually very surprised how nice the car drives with the update. What an improvement... when i first started the car up, I thought it died but then i looked at the RPMs and it was hovering nicely just under 1k. The engine seems sooooo smooth and shifts perfectly i'm a happy camper
This wants me to ask my dealer. I just had it there for service. Maybe next time. Annoying they don't update automatically.
SpartanGA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #277
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelo View Post
Huge thanks to Slops for being the guinea pig and negotiating this update -- and getting that SIB number!

I will be heading in for the update in a couple of weeks and will report back.
Your welcome! Glad I can help out...

I flashed my car this morning with the AP and the new ROM is 98F0B which is already supported by COBB. You should have no issues with this rom as mine installed great. Huge thanks to Josh with helping me through this.

FYI
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #278
Tricki
Private
 
Drives: BMW 135i DCT N55 2011
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelo View Post
Huge thanks to Slops for being the guinea pig and negotiating this update -- and getting that SIB number!

I will be heading in for the update in a couple of weeks and will report back.
Your welcome! Glad I can help out...

I flashed my car this morning with the AP and the new ROM is 98F0B which is already supported by COBB. You should have no issues with this rom as mine installed great. Huge thanks to Josh with helping me through this.
If it wasn't for Josh at Cobb, I wouldn't be running with the tune as I'm the first from Australia to have this done.... Had knock backs from everywhere including Cobb until Josh stepped in.... Huge thanks Josh.
Hope I can help with data logs with our 98/ 100 octane fuel !!!!
Tricki is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #279
Darkpitiless
Enlisted Member
 
Darkpitiless's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI 320i - E92 LCI 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kuwait

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Been struggling with the dealer about ROM upgrade,so the car stayed at the dealer for 2 days. And now they are asking me to replace the downpipe i have with the original before they can do the programming!
Darkpitiless is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #280
D's Bimmer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 818
iTrader: (1)

There is a DMI update scheduled for release in early April that will fix these issues. BMW has been working on this for the past few months. I am already prebooked for it. My service tech coded it as no charge for me. He did say that given the size of this particular update, it will likely take between 3 and 4 hours to upload.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport Sedan | Dinan Stage II Tune | Bilstein B12 l M3 Suspension Upgrade l BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Front Grill | OEM Euro M-Sport | 19" Volk Forged Performance ME's | JL Audio HD 900 | Morel Hybrid Components | JL Audio W3v3
D's Bimmer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #281
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpitiless
Been struggling with the dealer about ROM upgrade,so the car stayed at the dealer for 2 days. And now they are asking me to replace the downpipe i have with the original before they can do the programming!
Just so you know my car went in with my dp, intercooler and charge pipe without issues. Just park your car close to the dealer, whip your ap out and delete all your codes. Then it should be good for them to update it.
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #282
Earlfish
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Well dropped off the car this morning. With my service adviser's attitude I'm not hoping for much.

He refused to write down the SBI information claiming that they have to diagnose the car first and they will determine if there are any applicable SBI's.

He was also not very knowledgeable as he thought my 2011 had twin turbos, and mentioned they were know for HPFP issues. Uhhhh... I really want to run this tune, hopefully I wont have to return the accessport.
Earlfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #283
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlfish View Post
Well dropped off the car this morning. With my service adviser's attitude I'm not hoping for much.

He refused to write down the SBI information claiming that they have to diagnose the car first and they will determine if there are any applicable SBI's.

He was also not very knowledgeable as he thought my 2011 had twin turbos, and mentioned they were know for HPFP issues. Uhhhh... I really want to run this tune, hopefully I wont have to return the accessport.
Good luck bro... My SA didn't know much either, but he was really cool about everything. I guess the key is to sit down with him first and to go over your appointment details. He went through all my concerns and made sure he typed them correctly into the computer to explain my issues... if he took the time to do that and you mentioned the rough idle, cold start issues - hesitation / lag during acceleration then they should find the SIB anyway...

When he called me for my constant updates during the wait, he said that i actually explained the issues to a T and that most people dont even get that right.

Plus, I do think that me saying i'm looking to buy the new M3 when it comes out made him pay extra attention to my satisfaction
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #284
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Yes sorry, race maps and e85 etc
Gotcha, we'll see what we can do with higher octane after we finish the regular stage maps. I'll also need to do testing with e85 to see if I can find/create a fuel scalar like I did for the N54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
If it wasn't for Josh at Cobb, I wouldn't be running with the tune as I'm the first from Australia to have this done.... Had knock backs from everywhere including Cobb until Josh stepped in.... Huge thanks Josh.
Hope I can help with data logs with our 98/ 100 octane fuel !!!!
Glad we got you rolling. Looks like I have another Australia car to add support for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpitiless View Post
Been struggling with the dealer about ROM upgrade,so the car stayed at the dealer for 2 days. And now they are asking me to replace the downpipe i have with the original before they can do the programming!
Ugh. Some dealers are better than others when it comes to service. I really hope you get it sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
There is a DMI update scheduled for release in early April that will fix these issues. BMW has been working on this for the past few months. I am already prebooked for it. My service tech coded it as no charge for me. He did say that given the size of this particular update, it will likely take between 3 and 4 hours to upload.
Do you have any info on this update? The issue that we found with the old roms has actually been corrected for the past 3 major revisions, but if can get info on anything new coming down the line, I'm all ears.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlfish View Post
Well dropped off the car this morning. With my service adviser's attitude I'm not hoping for much.

He refused to write down the SBI information claiming that they have to diagnose the car first and they will determine if there are any applicable SBI's.

He was also not very knowledgeable as he thought my 2011 had twin turbos, and mentioned they were know for HPFP issues. Uhhhh... I really want to run this tune, hopefully I wont have to return the accessport.
Oh man, hopefully they'll get you sorted. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #285
Earlfish
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Good luck bro... My SA didn't know much either, but he was really cool about everything. I guess the key is to sit down with him first and to go over your appointment details. He went through all my concerns and made sure he typed them correctly into the computer to explain my issues... if he took the time to do that and you mentioned the rough idle, cold start issues - hesitation / lag during acceleration then they should find the SIB anyway...

When he called me for my constant updates during the wait, he said that i actually explained the issues to a T and that most people dont even get that right.

Plus, I do think that me saying i'm looking to buy the new M3 when it comes out made him pay extra attention to my satisfaction
Thanks, yeah I mentioned all three issues. It was just frustrating dealing with his attitude about not writing down the SIB I told him about. Hopefully they find it. Ill update later today...
Earlfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #286
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Any Update on 2012 Euro support?
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST