E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Windshield Washer Pump Filter Cleaning for under hood PWM meth kits

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
EastBayE90's Avatar DIY: Windshield Washer Pump Filter Cleaning for under hood PWM meth kits
EastBayE90
07-13-2011
The new PWM Meth kit from Vishnu has been released to the public. I wanted to post this DIY for all of those about to install this kit. The PWM Meth kit taps into the factory Windshield Washer hose that comes from the washer pump, up to the sprayers on the hood. On my car it was noticed that I had...
By Greatdane84 on 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the guide. Had a buddy just recently take one of these pumps out of a totaled 328 and same thing had a clogged end. So didn't have to use this, but I was prepared and was spot on with your walk through.

If you can here your motor and no fluid comes out its just clogged!
By stormtrooper7 on 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Well, it's warmed up a bit here and my washer are working. I'm still going to pull it apart and clean it though.

I guess water must have got into the antifreeze (washer fluid).
By Greatdane84 on 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper7
Do you need to blow out the lines that lead up to the cowl/hood/windshield area?
Storm, once we cleaned the filter on the motor that accumulates the gunk, we took the washer fluid reservoir completely out and drained, rinsed, and made sure no more pieces were floating around. Then we pored water into the washer fluid area of the engine and let it drain in to the bucket to make sure there wasn't anything else in the tubing.
By mun1584 on 05-24-2014, 10:54 AM
When I removed the pump, I didn't realize that the filter had come off the rubber grommet (I thought the rubber grommet was the filter). Now my washer works, but I didn't realize until a day after fixing it that it is now working because the (most likely) clogged filter just fell off into the reservoir. Now that my pump has not filter, is this going to be an issue? Would it just be easier to get the part off amazon ($5) that has the rubber grommet and filter and just swap it out and leave the old filter in the reservoir?
Comment