E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #6975
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Have you guys had timing pulled on one cylinder and none on the others? What will cause this?
How bad are the corrections? If it just one cylinder that occasionally makes corrections then that's probably just a noisey cylinder.

If it's a cylinder that always makes corrections regardless of the map or octane then it's probably a plug, coil or injector on it's way out.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #6976
fabian
New Member
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stuttgart/Germany

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

thanks, and what would you recommend? ;-)
fabian is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #6977
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
 
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

Posts: 739
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I have some questions about Cobb AP before I decide to buy one. First, if I buy a used Cobb AP and the owner never "unmarried" their unit, would it render the unit I bought useless? Does Cobb offer a wastegate fix for the wastegate rattle? And if I get my Cobb protuned and then go back to stock for a dealer visit, would the pro tune still be on there? Thanks for any responses!
__________________
Chicks-Love-Bimmers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #6978
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
I have some questions about Cobb AP before I decide to buy one. First, if I buy a used Cobb AP and the owner never "unmarried" their unit, would it render the unit I bought useless? Does Cobb offer a wastegate fix for the wastegate rattle? And if I get my Cobb protuned and then go back to stock for a dealer visit, would the pro tune still be on there? Thanks for any responses!
If the AP wasn't unmarried then it would be useless. Cobb may have a means to reset the AP but I haven't heard of anyone that has done it. There is no WG "fix" currently available. All the tunes(including pro tunes) are stored on the AP and are always there regardless of if the AP is installed or not. Of coarse, it's always a good idea to save a backup on a computer.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #6979
ETS Michael
 
ETS Michael's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA

Posts: 1,160
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to ETS Michael
Needs to be unmarried or it will not work. It would still be in a vin locked state.
ETS Michael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #6980
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,347
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nema
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Have you guys had timing pulled on one cylinder and none on the others? What will cause this?
How bad are the corrections? If it just one cylinder that occasionally makes corrections then that's probably just a noisey cylinder.

If it's a cylinder that always makes corrections regardless of the map or octane then it's probably a plug, coil or injector on it's way out.
First time I started to log individual cyl so who knows how long this happened with my procede.

It goes from 0 to -1.88 to -3.75 then slowly back to 0 at the end of the run.

Car only has 20k miles on it
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #6981
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't be too concerned. A -3° in all cylinders is an indicator that the tune is too aggressive for the fuel but a single cylinder pulling 3 ° isn't a big deal. Just keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn't get worse.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #6982
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,347
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nema
I wouldn't be too concerned. A -3 in all cylinders is an indicator that the tune is too aggressive for the fuel but a single cylinder pulling 3 isn't a big deal. Just keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn't get worse.
Ok thank you sir... May have been the leftover 92 I had to put in once...
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #6983
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
 
rooringhusky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal (OC/Riverside)

Posts: 978
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
First time I started to log individual cyl so who knows how long this happened with my procede.

It goes from 0 to -1.88 to -3.75 then slowly back to 0 at the end of the run.

Car only has 20k miles on it
Just normal corrections on this car....it happens all the time bc our DME is overly sensitive/knock sensors sense some knock...

If the timing pulls are very consistent and persistent in that specific cylinder then you definitely have an issue...

I attached a picture of an excel datalog that has no corrections in 5 cylinders but 1 cylinder is making some noise....but nothing to be worries about unless it happens in the same cylinder in ALL logs...then you got other problems...So just do some more logging and make sure its not always there and you are alright....any corrections with bigger increments than -3 or so id pay close attention to
Attached Images
 
__________________
PERFORMANCE: JB4 G5 \ Backend Flash \ DCI \ BMS Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
FUN: M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Gloss Black Roof \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser
rooringhusky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #6984
x-ception
Captain
 
x-ception's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 936
iTrader: (13)

COBB

Any updates on on the fly map switching or any new updates?
__________________
COBB |DINAN CAI|AA FMIC|VK|OSS| Arkym

COTM Pics Here
x-ception is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #6985
Aced16
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 114
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerg35335 View Post
I posted this in the forum as well but Enema and I thought it would be a good idea to post here as well. Anybody on the ropes about playing with ATR please read on!!

I have to give a shout out and say what a great product COBB makes with its AP and ATR software. I finally bit the bullet and took advantage of the
e85 available in my area. A BIG thanks goes out to Enema for helping me with my custom e30 map based on Stage 1+ agg. I was having timing corrections with stg 1+ agg on 93. Now after adding timing and adjusting the scalars accordingly I have a faster car (according to VD a 30 to 40hp gain) with zero timing corrections. Car runs great and feels smoother than the OTS map!! Not sure if this is due to the map or the e85 but the car seems to love the stuff. We started conservatively and I know there is more power to be had so I will be adding a bit more timing to see what I can squeeze out safely. Needless to say, I am currently one happy camper.
Also notice the CAI temps with the ETS 5in.

Ok, I can't seem to get the log or vd to post via upload (cvs file) or get a screenshot to paste. If anybody could let me know I would appreciate it. Print screen and ctrl V is not working. Sorry, apparently I am a bit computer illiterate. lol
Mind sharing what you did? I just picked up my cobb and got ATR and would love to learn how to start tuning my car and advice or a direction you could point me in would be awesome, thank you!
__________________
The Old: DG G35 6mt coupe The New: AW 6mt E92 335i

Last edited by Aced16; 02-21-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Aced16 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #6986
racerg35335
Private First Class
 
Drives: Space gray 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenwood, SC

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced16 View Post
Mind sharing what you did? I just picked up my cobb and got ATR and would love to learn how to start tuning my car and advice or a direction you could point me in would be awesome, thank you!
Sure man. No prob. Just pm me and let me know what you are looking to do. Enema would probably be the guy to talk to but I would be glad to help you out with getting started and/or help with an e30 map. Need to know supporting mods, what fuel u have available.. logs etc... just let me know. You will def enjoy cobb and atr!!!! Let the games begin. Lol
__________________
Space Gray 6mt e92, coral red,Cobb tuned, custom e30 map, bms DCI, ETS FMIC, walbro 455 lpfp.
racerg35335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #6987
fabian
New Member
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stuttgart/Germany

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

only got the change to do this run, can anyone see whats going on?
It feels very powerless.. I resett the ECU than drove about 15miles and than logged this in the 3rd gear (AT)
Attached Files
File Type: txt datalog4-rename-to-csv.txt (43.0 KB, 37 views)
fabian is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #6988
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced16 View Post
Mind sharing what you did? I just picked up my cobb and got ATR and would love to learn how to start tuning my car and advice or a direction you could point me in would be awesome, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerg35335 View Post
Sure man. No prob. Just pm me and let me know what you are looking to do. Enema would probably be the guy to talk to but I would be glad to help you out with getting started and/or help with an e30 map. Need to know supporting mods, what fuel u have available.. logs etc... just let me know. You will def enjoy cobb and atr!!!! Let the games begin. Lol
Yeah man, If you need any help just shoot me a PM. However, i think racerg will definitely be able to get you started
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #6989
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian View Post
only got the change to do this run, can anyone see whats going on?
It feels very powerless.. I resett the ECU than drove about 15miles and than logged this in the 3rd gear (AT)
Can you just put the original csv into a zip and attach that? I tried downloading you file a couple times and all the data is jumbled together.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #6990
Aced16
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 114
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerg35335 View Post
Sure man. No prob. Just pm me and let me know what you are looking to do. Enema would probably be the guy to talk to but I would be glad to help you out with getting started and/or help with an e30 map. Need to know supporting mods, what fuel u have available.. logs etc... just let me know. You will def enjoy cobb and atr!!!! Let the games begin. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Yeah man, If you need any help just shoot me a PM. However, i think racerg will definitely be able to get you started
Sweet thanks guys! I am just waiting on my FMIC to get here so I can start Car is currently just tune and DCI. I cant wait to make a e30 map!
__________________
The Old: DG G35 6mt coupe The New: AW 6mt E92 335i
Aced16 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #6991
D25mn
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Maybe someone could ease or not ease my concerns. Every 900-1100 miles I keep getting the following codes popping up:

P0153
P2C3A
P2AAF
P2C39

Running Stage 2+ FMIC Agressive ST map on 2011 335is.

Was thinking maybe exhaust leak at the Downpipes?
D25mn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #6992
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D25mn View Post
Maybe someone could ease or not ease my concerns. Every 900-1100 miles I keep getting the following codes popping up:

P0153
P2C3A
P2AAF
P2C39

Running Stage 2+ FMIC Agressive ST map on 2011 335is.

Was thinking maybe exhaust leak at the Downpipes?
easiest is to search for the codes here on the forum and see how others have fixed the issue.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is online now   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #6993
D25mn
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Thanks but I have not seen anyone post these codes all together, nor why they come back every 1000 miles or so. Individually the response range from bad o2s, to exhaust leaks, to LPFP issues.

Coincidentally i just had 4 injectors replaced about 1000 miles ago and they tested the pump at the dealer.
D25mn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #6994
raceyBMW
king of the hills
 
raceyBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,741
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1994 530i  [4.25]
2007 335i Coupe  [4.07]
Try dropping the "P" in front of the codes and search again, might help if you haven't.
raceyBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #6995
stupordave
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte,NC

Posts: 172
iTrader: (1)

Just ordered an AP for my 2011 335is. It was recommended I start with the stage 1 aggressive map considering I have 93 octane readily available. No other mods. Any advice on things to do or look for? Does it take time for the car to adjust to the new map? Should I start logging right away to look for potential concerns or is it ok just to drive for a while? Brand new to tuning so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
__________________

2011 TiAg 335is, Dinan Stage 2 Susp, Dinan FMIC + Oil Cooler, COBB PTF Tune
stupordave is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #6996
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupordave View Post
Just ordered an AP for my 2011 335is. It was recommended I start with the stage 1 aggressive map considering I have 93 octane readily available. No other mods. Any advice on things to do or look for? Does it take time for the car to adjust to the new map? Should I start logging right away to look for potential concerns or is it ok just to drive for a while? Brand new to tuning so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If it's the very first time flashing the car i suggest giving it a day to adapt. It really doesn't take that long to adapt but that way you can be sure. Normally it only takes a few miles and 2 or 3 3rd gear pulls to adapt.

You're going to be fine driving while it's adapting, really the worst that can happen is that you may be getting some timing corrections.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST