E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > I have crossed a line to the darkside.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #45
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
 
M3-FAST's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

Posts: 5,790
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Lovely motor Ian, nice colour and wheel combo, enjoy your new toy and get it mapped
M3-FAST is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #46
Elvis2000
Registered
 
Drives: BMw 323 Conv
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Yes 635d Rog. I wanted something refined easier to live with day to day.And as per sohlman. They are amazing value secondhand.

It's two and a half years old, with only 14k miles and was half its price new.


Hi,

Your 635D looks awesome - Great choice.
I'm considering getting one of these myself, did you do much research before buying? - If so, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts, also how you're finding the car now having owned if for a little while? - Enjoying it?

Cheers.
Elvis2000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #47
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis2000 View Post
Hi,

Your 635D looks awesome - Great choice.
I'm considering getting one of these myself, did you do much research before buying? - If so, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts, also how you're finding the car now having owned if for a little while? - Enjoying it?

Cheers.
Hi Elvis
Iím really enjoying the 6 series. The engine a drivetrain are a superb combination and make for effortless swift refined progress on most roads.

The rush of torque is very liner and even. There are no big lumps of grunt, just relentless pull, right up to 4750 rpm. BMW have pulled a clever trick in that the engine doesnít sound like a diesel at any point other than idle and even then the 6 pot sounds much less clattery than some Iíve heard. When you boot it, it sounds quiet sporty.

The ride is very good in the 635d and it does a very good job of trying to iron out our poorly maintained, pot hole riddled roads. Although it brought it home to me just how bad run flats tyres are. Iíd not had them on a car for a couple of years.

The car is very quiet and it sometimes feels like youíre dawdling. Then you look down and see your doing 80.

Thereís a tad more tyre/road noise then I would have expected from the big coupe, again this might be down to the run flats, but having only driven with them, I canít be 100% sure.

I wonít pretend the 6 series is as agile as an E92. Itís a bit heavier, but given the extra size of the car, it shrugs its bulk very well indeed. You do need more steering input on initial turn in, to get the cars nose in the right direction. Something you soon get used to.

The interior is the one, with top notch materials, very good standard equipment and a real feel of quality and youíre in something that was nigh on £60k when new. There are a few nice touches with the additional light package, such are puddle lights in the exterior mirrors and ambient light inside. Which shines orange LEDís on the door handles, front footwells and center console.

You can forget the back seat though, theyíre really only for storage or very small people. On the whole there is very little storage full stop. With a couple of shallow door bins and a small glove box. There is a small area under the center armrest, but the E90/92 has more.

So yes, so far,so good.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #48
rogerxp
Major General
 
rogerxp's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

Posts: 5,905
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
On the whole there is very little storage full stop. With a couple of shallow door bins and a small glove box. There is a small area under the center armrest, but the E90/92 has more.
I prefer this. Less space means you don't start hoarding shite in your car that just ends up rattling about. Gald you're enjoying the new ride.
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #49
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
I prefer this. Less space means you don't start hoarding shite in your car that just ends up rattling about. Gald you're enjoying the new ride.
Good point Rog, which turns out to be true, as I haven't put anything in it yet. Except some rubber gloves for when I fill up with the devil's juice.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #50
- Paul -
Major General
 
- Paul -'s Avatar
 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 7,266
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
For a big car , they handle really well. Does yours have the dynamic suspension/damping? Re storage, there is also a cubby hole behind the arm rest and a net on the passenger side footwell. The boot is massive aswell!
__________________
- Paul - is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #51
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
For a big car , they handle really well. Does yours have the dynamic suspension/damping? Re storage, there is also a cubby hole behind the arm rest and a net on the passenger side footwell. The boot is massive aswell!
Yes the cubby behind the centre armrest houses the daft front cup holder

You're right about the boot, it's mahosive. I won't be using the net in the front footwell as it looks untidy

No Paul. Mine has standard steering and suspension
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #52
rogerxp
Major General
 
rogerxp's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

Posts: 5,905
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Except some rubber gloves for when I fill up with the devil's juice.
...or have a chance encounter with Will
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #53
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
...or have a chance encounter with Will
I'll take me chances with derv on me boots
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #54
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Can you get the double ender in the door pocket? Or will you need a roof box for it?
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #55
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Can you get the double ender in the door pocket? Or will you need a roof box for it?
Not the sort of double ender you have in mind Will
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
xPETEZx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 325i SE 6MT (E90 LCI)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London

Posts: 526
iTrader: (0)

Lovely looking car.
Sat in a 650i, and the interior is lovely.

My only visual gripe wit the 6 (and the E60) is the wipers wipe the wrong way. (Setup for drive on the wrong side. Just seems an oversight or cost cutting measure to me. What you expect from budget cars like a 206)
xPETEZx is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #57
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPETEZx View Post
Lovely looking car.
Sat in a 650i, and the interior is lovely.

My only visual gripe wit the 6 (and the E60) is the wipers wipe the wrong way. (Setup for drive on the wrong side. Just seems an oversight or cost cutting measure to me. What you expect from budget cars like a 206)
It's not a problem though, because as per the 5 series E60 The drivers side wiper has a clever cantilever motion on the sweep, which goes to the far side of the screen.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #58
- Paul -
Major General
 
- Paul -'s Avatar
 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 7,266
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
It's not a problem though, because as per the 5 series E60 The drivers side wiper has a clever cantilever motion on the sweep, which goes to the far side of the screen.
Exactly - no issues with the wipers whatsoever.
__________________
- Paul - is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #59
xPETEZx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 325i SE 6MT (E90 LCI)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London

Posts: 526
iTrader: (0)

I know in terms of operation it is not like a crappy 206 implementation.
Its just me being very picky. Visually I do not think it looks right.

Appears BM agree, the new 5 & 6 don't have the wipers like this.
xPETEZx is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #60
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPETEZx View Post
I know in terms of operation it is not like a crappy 206 implementation.
Its just me being very picky. Visually I do not think it looks right.

Appears BM agree, the new 5 & 6 don't have the wipers like this.
Can't say I gave it a thought, too busy enjoying its good points.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST