E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > How to pick up rims from U.S without geting raped?

02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
bobblehead
Brigadier General

Drives: warp speed

3 years ago when I was looking for VMR wheels (for winter use only). I priced quoted from Tire23, Simply tire, Gofortires, Bimmian and Nextmod. I remembered the cheapest at that time was Bimmian (pkg deal with winter tires) and the highest was Simply tire. But the price difference between the highest to lowest was less than $100 difference (pkg deal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog x6 View Post
in your experience, who has the best pricing for VMRs? Send me a PM if possible - thx.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
      02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #24
bulldog x6
Major General

Drives: x6 panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
3 years ago when I was looking for VMR wheels (for winter use only). I priced quoted from Tire23, Simply tire, Gofortires, Bimmian and Nextmod. I remembered the cheapest at that time was Bimmian (pkg deal with winter tires) and the highest was Simply tire. But the price difference between the highest to lowest was less than $100 difference (pkg deal).
thanks
      02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #25
3magine
mhmmmm

Drives: f30 bad man

As many have said, it's simply not worth the savings. Plus, think about the wasted time for travel, border crossing, etc...I mean, your time is worthy money too, right?
3magine is offline   Canada
      02-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
gunda
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92

If your getting new tires with the VMR rims it is worth it. I have been doing a lot of research in regards to this topic and the best quote I have received so far has been from supremepower on these forums. pm me if you want the details of my purchase, but lets just say that tires cost 1/2 the price in the states compared to canada.
gunda is offline   Canada
      02-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
jheath
Private

Drives: '15 X3 28d

I'm in the middle of a similar transaction right now. Bought a set of rims (used) from a seller on here and had them shipped to a shop in buffalo. Bought tires from Tire Rack and had them shipped to the same shop and installed on the rims. Seller is providing a receipt for much less than I actually paid for the rims, and even paying full tax on the tires they are still hundreds less than what I could have bought them for here.
Picking them up this week, will update on how it goes.
jheath is offline   Canada