E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Ever heard of CQUARTZ FINEST? Glad I did!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Ever heard of CQUARTZ FINEST? Glad I did!

Well what can I say, this product CQUARTZ FINEST is the best thing I have ever seen!

When Kevin @ GTA in Detail told me about this product I was only worried about the swearls on my car and when I wash it at a touchless car was I wanted the dirty to just fall off.

He mention that it would do that and more, like repelled the the dirt, and water, harden the clear coat and give the finish a richer look.

So I said to myself "Yeah right what ever, just fix what the dealership car wash fucked up on my car."

I was not expecting much, especially when he told me, he needed my car over night to cure the process.

So when he picked me up, he was telling me how well the car looked, and of course I said, "oh really!" blah, blah, blah.

But when I seen the car, I still can't believe it, I can;t put it into words.

Even the picks does not give it justice.

CQUARTZ FINEST is unbelievable!!

I have some before and after pics.

Look for yourselves!
Attached Images
                 
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
vantage_coupe
First Lieutenant
 
vantage_coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario

Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Sounds like this is similar to Opticoat? Either way I'm guessing C-Quartz makes it easier to maintain the paint now.

Does Kevin do your interior too? (ie bmw leather treatment/carpet shampoo etc)
vantage_coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage_coupe View Post
Sounds like this is similar to Opticoat? Either way I'm guessing C-Quartz makes it easier to maintain the paint now.

Does Kevin do your interior too? (ie bmw leather treatment/carpet shampoo etc)
I think they are both made by the same company.

And yes Kevin does interiors as well.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
project335i
Banned
 
Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

Posts: 4,507
iTrader: (6)

Hey Farb pm me Kevin's information I will probably want to see him after winters end.
project335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
 
Crulexis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i // E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto - GTA

Posts: 330
iTrader: (1)

PM me details too please. If you can also PM me what it costs.
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Jet Black | Saddle Brown
COBB AP | VRSF Catless D.P's | BMS DCI | BMW Performance 313 Rims | Gloss Black Kidney Grills | LUX V8 V3's | WeissLicht PY24W
Crulexis is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

More pics outside!
Attached Images
    
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
shaginwagon13
Captain
 
shaginwagon13's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 884
iTrader: (4)

That looks awesome.... mind mentioning how much it cost? I am interested...
shaginwagon13 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Iceburg
Captain
 
Iceburg's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335 M Sport - Like Granny
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Making #2

Posts: 844
iTrader: (17)

WOW, i have been looking into something like this for my spring treatment, your car looks great!!! How much does treatment like that run you, wonder if there is anything local in BC.
Iceburg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
 
Crulexis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i // E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto - GTA

Posts: 330
iTrader: (1)

I had a similar treatment done apparently, I think it's called Symtec?

From BMW dealer , is that the same as this
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Jet Black | Saddle Brown
COBB AP | VRSF Catless D.P's | BMS DCI | BMW Performance 313 Rims | Gloss Black Kidney Grills | LUX V8 V3's | WeissLicht PY24W
Crulexis is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #10
Dr. G
Brigadier General
 
Dr. G's Avatar
 
Drives: Black e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario

Posts: 4,928
iTrader: (32)

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Cquartz is a great product! Those pics looks sexy as hell, I just love a well maintained black car.

Farley do you feel that your paint looks a bit more darker now?
On BSM paint I thought it had a slight darkening effect, which I really liked since I felt BSM paint looked a bit too light in the sunlight. With the Cquartz it seems like a deeper black, or maybe it's just all in my head haha
__________________
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Dr. G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
culee
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328XI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

wow that looks amazing. How much did it end up costing i want to get this done too by kevin!
culee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #12
demontwinz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 447
iTrader: (0)

really nice far

please pm me his details and cost
__________________
demontwinz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
That looks awesome.... mind mentioning how much it cost? I am interested...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburg View Post
WOW, i have been looking into something like this for my spring treatment, your car looks great!!! How much does treatment like that run you, wonder if there is anything local in BC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by culee View Post
wow that looks amazing. How much did it end up costing i want to get this done too by kevin!
It really depends on the condition of the car, Kevin had to do a lot of prep work to the car before he used the treatment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crulexis View Post
I had a similar treatment done apparently, I think it's called Symtec?

From BMW dealer , is that the same as this
This is a different treatment then Symtec, Cquartz FINEST has a 2 year guaranty that comes with, so yes Kevin will have to invoice you and charge taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Cquartz is a great product! Those pics looks sexy as hell, I just love a well maintained black car.

Farley do you feel that your paint looks a bit more darker now?
On BSM paint I thought it had a slight darkening effect, which I really liked since I felt BSM paint looked a bit too light in the sunlight. With the Cquartz it seems like a deeper black, or maybe it's just all in my head haha
Yes when Kevin was done with the car, it did look a lot blacker then it did before, I kept on asking him that there was no way he had time to re-paint the car, the black showed up so deep it was unbelievable.

Kevin also stated that it bring out the BSM more in some lighting.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Well what can I say, this product CQUARTZ FINEST is the best thing I have ever seen!

When Kevin @ GTA in Detail told me about this product I was only worried about the swearls on my car and when I wash it at a touchless car was I wanted the dirty to just fall off.

He mention that it would do that and more, like repelled the the dirt, and water, harden the clear coat and give the finish a richer look.

So I said to myself "Yeah right what ever, just fix what the dealership car wash fucked up on my car."

I was not expecting much, especially when he told me, he needed my car over night to cure the process.

So when he picked me up, he was telling me how well the car looked, and of course I said, "oh really!" blah, blah, blah.

But when I seen the car, I still can't believe it, I can;t put it into words.

Even the picks does not give it justice.

CQUARTZ FINEST is unbelievable!!

I have some before and after pics.

Look for yourselves!
Any close ups of "after"? Finish was pretty fu&^$!
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Any close ups of "after"? Finish was pretty fu&^$!
Yes pics #10, 11, 12, 14 and 16 are the before pics and the rest are after.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Liang
Captain
 
Liang's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 701
iTrader: (6)

That's beautiful. Too bad that product isn't available to the public.
Liang is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #17
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Now show us a picture of the car after you drove it home!

I don't know why you would just wait until winter was over to do this? One drive on the hwy and your car would be covered in salt?!?
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #18
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Now show us a picture of the car after you drove it home!

I don't know why you would just wait until winter was over to do this? One drive on the hwy and your car would be covered in salt?!?
The reason to do this now is because of the protection (against salt and other things) it gives and the 2 year warranty that comes with it.

And I will take a pic of it now because it still is as clean as it was when it was done and I been driving back and forth from T.O. to Guelph.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
The reason to do this now is because of the protection (against salt and other things) it gives and the 2 year warranty that comes with it.

And I will take a pic of it now because it still is as clean as it was when it was done and I been driving back and forth from T.O. to Guelph.
Warranty against what?
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #20
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,563
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Warranty against what?
Protects against damage and minor scratches caused by washing, wiping your car down or pulling a cover on and off, bird dropping and acid rain etching, salt, tar and harmful UV rays, and warranty against cracking, bubbling, hazing or turning yellow.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
drevil2k2
First Lieutenant
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 382
iTrader: (2)

Car looks mint.

I guess it took a full day?

Too bad Kevin's mobile service days are long gone.....

Have to make the trip this spring !
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance
drevil2k2 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #22
marcvtec
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto

Posts: 1,783
iTrader: (0)

Looks great
How do you maintain it ? I heard there is a reload spray or something.

Also can you still take it through a touch less or will the soap and wax stuff mess it up ?
__________________
COBB Powered, Spec2+, Wavetrac, DCI, Forge DV's, AR catless DP's, AA FMIC, M3 links & Sways, 19' BBS LM's wrapped in PSS, Zimmerman cross drilled rotors, hawk carbon pads, M3 Spoiler, AC roof Spoiler, Aero Lip, Vorsteiner Diffuser, m3 sides, Tinted, And One Happy BMW Driver.
marcvtec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST