E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Pumping Up the Liberalism

02-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #67
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
I am referring to the Judeo-Christian tradition that our society is built on. What the egyptians did interests me less than what "marriages" might exist between chimpanzees.

Oh, your "wife" isn't a woman. Maybe you married a dog. Is that your thing? How would I know? Well, honestly I think you should probably be sent to an insane asylum. Maybe some electroshock therapy could help you. You telling me a man can marry a man is as insane as if you told me you think you are a cow and started walking around on all fours moo-ing.
Middleaged Al. Can you see why I wanted to check if your post was satire now?

Just bizarre.
      02-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #68
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
I am referring to the Judeo-Christian tradition that our society is built on. What the egyptians did interests me less than what "marriages" might exist between chimpanzees.

Oh, your "wife" isn't a woman. Maybe you married a dog. Is that your thing? How would I know? Well, honestly I think you should probably be sent to an insane asylum. Maybe some electroshock therapy could help you. You telling me a man can marry a man is as insane as if you told me you think you are a cow and started walking around on all fours moo-ing.
Romans 2:11 "God does not love some people more than others."

Mathew 7:2 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Not every "christian" thinks the way Andrew777 thinks. Some christians accept people for who they are and leave the judging to God.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #69
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

It would be most good if we could be as dedicated to leaving each other alone as we are at trying to control every aspect of the "other guy's" life.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #70
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:

Moo
      02-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #71
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Oh you mean traditional marriage. Like when Cleopatra married her 4 year old son to keep her power in her empire?

Please explain how my two friend's Alex and Michael being married "brings down" your marriage to a woman. Personally my wife's name is Shannon, not woman.

Dude, you have serious issues.
Starting to think he is just a troll...
      02-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #72
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany
Rep

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Starting to think he is just a troll...
Which one?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #73
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What happens when the stars miraculously align and everyone in a conversation is a troll? Is there any way out of that flat spin?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #74
gatorfast
Colonel
Rep

Drives: MR E90 M3

Yikes some of the comments in here are over the top hatred.

My $.02 - I see no reason why gays shouldnt be allowed to marry. If it makes them happy then by all means go for it.

But while I do support this, I also understand the other side that believes marriage is between a man and a woman. But even for the "traditionalists" I think there are 2 camps: those who solely believe the term marriage is reserved for a man and a woman, but support gays having all rights equal to marriage, just not calling it marriage...and those that are straight up bigots.

On a side note - I hate when I see the gay marriage movement called the "civil rights movement of our lifetime". How can you compare gay marriage to what black people went through in the 60's? Im not even black and this offends me to think something relatively trivial in the scheme of things (being able to use the term marriage) can be compared to an entire race of people being treated like they are sub-human.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #75
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
On a side note - I hate when I see the gay marriage movement called the "civil rights movement of our lifetime". How can you compare gay marriage to what black people went through in the 60's? Im not even black and this offends me to think something relatively trivial in the scheme of things (being able to use the term marriage) can be compared to an entire race of people being treated like they are sub-human.

Wasn't that strumpet woman who wanted to have the govt pay for her birth control complaining about not receiving her "reproductive rights". What hypocrisy. It is just leftist propaganda, but it sounds important and fools will fall for it. It doesn't matter if there isn't a shred of truth to it. It is easy to fool the herd of sheep that have the right to vote.
      02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #76
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What? Dude, you are all over the place. Don't you have to protest a funeral?
It was in reference to what I quoted.

I'm saying that statements like "civil rights movement of our lifetime" and "reproductive rights" aren't truly meant to be taken seriously by reasonable people since they are completely ridiculous. They sound moving and are only used as tools to brainwash the incompetent fools that make up the majority of our society.
      02-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #77
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
It was in reference to what I quoted.

I'm saying that statements like "civil rights movement of our lifetime" and "reproductive rights" aren't truly meant to be taken seriously by reasonable people since they are completely ridiculous. They sound moving and are only used as tools to brainwash the incompetent fools that make up the majority of our society.
      02-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #78
JAM3S
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Wait wait wait...... I thought the illegal immigrants and their "struggle" was the civil rights movement of our lifetime??

Theres just too much keep up with these days.

Last edited by JAM3S; 02-23-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #79
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 N54

When you get right down to it homophobia is just the fear that another man is going to think about you the way that you think about women.
      02-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #80
jeff4598
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2009 e90 AW/BB lotsa Dinan

Gay marriage= Constitution+ Set Theory

Humans are a set. The constitution states that all humans are equal(in their rights). The following statement is factual: If all members of a set are equal it follows that any two members of the set are equal to any other two members of that set. Therefore the constitution+ basic logic dictates that ANY two American citizens have the same rights as any other two do.

It is not a matter of your perspective or opinion. It is clear fact. If you defer to a religious authority over our constitution : May i suggest a move to Saudi Arabia?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #81
jeff4598
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Change the law, get married, live next door, adopt kids, pay your taxes, participate fully in society, be my friend, whatever makes you happy is good to go.

I wish you well--just quit trying to persuade me that homosexuality is not abnormal, OK?
It's as abnormal as being blonde or left handed I suppose!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #82
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4598 View Post
The constitution states that all humans are equal(in their rights).
Where does it say this in the Constitution? Do you have a quotation?
      02-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #83
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
You are kidding right? How about this direct quote.... All men are created equal.
I'm not kidding. Tell me where this is found in the Constitution.
      02-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #84
JAM3S
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

I think he means the Declaration of Independence....
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #85
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's as abnormal as being blonde or left handed I suppose!
Actually, much more so. Since you want to play games--about 25% of the population has medium brown to blonde hair and something less than 10% are left handed. Since homosexuals comprise about (give or take) 1% of the general population (who really knows or cares?) I'd say they qualify as abnormal. Your agreement or disagreement of course assumes you are willing to aknolwedge the biological nature of man, hard-wired to procreate, Tab A goes into Slot B, etc. Since homosexuals are not interested in the opposite sex or natural methods of procreation, I'd say that's abnormal. To argue with the notion that heterosexuality is normal is just silly and probably political.

But my main point was--live your life as you chose as long as you don't hurt me or others, just quit trying to convince me that it's ok.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #86
jeff4598
Lieutenant
Rep

So if it's percentile (and BTW estimates on homosexuality are 3-10%) then I guess my IQ is "abnormal" LOL and if you are over ...I dunno 6'4" your height is abnormal? Huh? It's not political is POLITE-ICAL-abnormal is just rude, a rude way to say 'not particularly frequent". I don't judge what you do with your tabs and slots- I don't even think about it-why the level of interest that requires comment on your part?

If I said you can practice (as if it's my place to OK it!) any religion but then went on to say (just for fun let us say you are in the "abnormal" position of being Jewish) that my God didn't make us to wear funny little hats on our heads and rest on SATURDAY and that it's NORMAL to pray on SUNDAY and make believe wafers and wine are flesh and blood of God's son. If I went on to say that would you feel that my saying your religion was OK with me was somehow negated or compromised?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #87
jeff4598
Lieutenant
Rep

Not a lawyer let alone a constitutional one but read the document and the amendments just now- it seems as if amendments 15 and 19 are saying that race and sex no longer take away from the equality of the rights of citizens so whether it' is implicit or explicit, it seems that equal rights is a bedrock concept in constitutional law.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #88
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not a lawyer let alone a constitutional one but read the document and the amendments just now- it seems as if amendments 15 and 19 are saying that race and sex no longer take away from the equality of the rights of citizens so whether it' is implicit or explicit, it seems that equal rights is a bedrock concept in constitutional law.
Good, you now have read the Constitution and realize that the phrase you claimed to be in it is nowhere to be found. That's a start.

The 15th amendment directly and explicitly addresses slavery: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude"

The 19th amendment directly addresses women's right to vote: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

The explicitness of both amendments is critical; they address very defined issues in a very defined manner. They do not address the issue you are discussing, period.

I don't disagree with your premise regarding equality, but I disagree in how you are trying to infer phrases that do not exist in the Constitution or legal premises in the amendments you referenced.

I believe the Equal Protection Clause (14th amendment) makes the most sense in this context.