E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > In need of advice.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

In need of advice.

Got my second car because I got a big boy job. And I need some advice on what to do to this bad boy. I wanted a 335i but I saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. It is my first BMW and I've always wanted one since I was a kid.
http://imgur.com/5qdune0
http://imgur.com/0QeipbW
http://imgur.com/HAPSLUU
I am also new to the forum. Hope you guys find the comedy in my user name
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Null
Private
 
Null's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 88
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBoehner View Post
Got my second car because I got a big boy job. And I need some advice on what to do to this bad boy. I wanted a 335i but I saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. It is my first BMW and I've always wanted one since I was a kid.


<a href="http://imgur.com/HAPSLUU"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/HAPSLUU.jpg" alt="" title="Hosted by imgur.com" /></a>
I am also new to the forum. Hope you guys find the comedy in my user name
Fixed the links for you




Congrats on the E90!
Null is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null View Post
Fixed the links for you




Congrats on the E90!
Teach me your ways. No seriously, teach me.
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Null
Private
 
Null's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 88
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBoehner View Post
Teach me your ways. No seriously, teach me.
Your tags were to the imgur browser and not to the .jpg file directly
Null is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,439
iTrader: (5)

congrats on your new 3 and let the mods begin

TiAg FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
///M3NACE
Banned
 
///M3NACE's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downers Grove, IL

Posts: 3,907
iTrader: (5)

I would enjoy it. Once the mod bugs hit your paychecks will go to the car and not the bank.
///M3NACE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
I would enjoy it. Once the mod bugs hit your paychecks will go to the car and not the bank.
I am sorta screwed. Especially with summer coming, but for the most part I am really handy in the garage and have done sound systems for a while. Not that its hard to put in some subs, amp and an after-market radio but its something!
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
ComplacentMike
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tampa

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

very nice e90!
whatever you do, do not let the crisp pause. it would be a nuisance to undertake the crime.

and careful with the modbug!
ComplacentMike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
congrats on your new 3 and let the mods begin

TiAg FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted white because I like the clean look, but this sucker is clean!
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
swazza
Samm
 
swazza's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E91 320I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

very nice clean car man!! welcome i hope you enjoy the car as much as the rest of us enjoy ours!! let the mods begin!! just some mods to have a look at!

1. Blackline taillights. Reasonable price and improves the rear-end of the pre-lci E90s heaps!
2. Performance exhaust. The 325i is so quiet and the Performance Exhaust just sounds so damn good for relatively little money.
3. Lower it... do it on the cheap with springs else spring for some coils
4. Wheels
5. roof spolier & m3 lip spoiler
6. front splitter. nice and easy to install and very cheap around $80 painted!! and improves the look drastically

In that order.
__________________
2008 Bmw E91 alpine White (current)
2005 Bmw 325i (sold)
2006 Land Rover discovery 3 HSE (sold)
2002 Bmw 318i M-Sport (first car) (SOLD)
swazza is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Catalina Wine Mixer's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 335i Coupe White/Coral Red
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [3.63]
2008 328i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swazza View Post
very nice clean car man!! welcome i hope you enjoy the car as much as the rest of us enjoy ours!! let the mods begin!! just some mods to have a look at!

1. Blackline taillights. Reasonable price and improves the rear-end of the pre-lci E90s heaps!
2. Performance exhaust. The 325i is so quiet and the Performance Exhaust just sounds so damn good for relatively little money.
3. Lower it... do it on the cheap with springs else spring for some coils
4. Wheels
5. roof spolier & m3 lip spoiler
6. front splitter. nice and easy to install and very cheap around $80 painted!! and improves the look drastically

In that order.
+1 I would change the grills to black tho
__________________
| 09 335i Coupe | Alpine White/Coral Red | M Sport | 6mt | Premium | Logic7 | 19" Beyern Mesh | 20% Tint | LUX Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Black Kidney Grill | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1 | M-Pedal Set | Painted Side Reflectors | Rear Lip Spoiler | Euro Front Plate | Passport 9500ix | BIM Coded |
Who is John Galt??
Catalina Wine Mixer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #12
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazza View Post
very nice clean car man!! welcome i hope you enjoy the car as much as the rest of us enjoy ours!! let the mods begin!! just some mods to have a look at!

1. Blackline taillights. Reasonable price and improves the rear-end of the pre-lci E90s heaps!
2. Performance exhaust. The 325i is so quiet and the Performance Exhaust just sounds so damn good for relatively little money.
3. Lower it... do it on the cheap with springs else spring for some coils
4. Wheels
5. roof spolier & m3 lip spoiler
6. front splitter. nice and easy to install and very cheap around $80 painted!! and improves the look drastically

In that order.
With #1 on your list I'll probably do angel eyes too at the same time. And I'll get wheels probably before or during the lowering part because I want to make sure it will all fit. But boy did you just get me a excited!

Side note, what size should i get on the wheels?

Last edited by RichardBoehner; 02-24-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: wheel size!
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
e90Nate
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
congrats on the car, i agree with the previous list, i would add xenon headlights
__________________
Instagram: E90Nate
e90Nate is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNate View Post
congrats on the car, i agree with the previous list, i would add xenon headlights
Could you link some? I'm pretty new to this thing. Are there xenon angel eyes headlights? I probably sound stupid haha.
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
swazza
Samm
 
swazza's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E91 320I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBoehner View Post
With #1 on your list I'll probably do angel eyes too at the same time. And I'll get wheels probably before or during the lowering part because I want to make sure it will all fit. But boy did you just get me a excited!

Side note, what size should i get on the wheels?
yeah they always look awsome!! yeah defs get the wheels before else it will be such a head ache!! umm i would go for 19's or 20's (sometimes 20's look a bit to big!!) haha im glad i got you excited (that was a joke)
__________________
2008 Bmw E91 alpine White (current)
2005 Bmw 325i (sold)
2006 Land Rover discovery 3 HSE (sold)
2002 Bmw 318i M-Sport (first car) (SOLD)
swazza is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
swazza
Samm
 
swazza's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E91 320I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBoehner View Post
Could you link some? I'm pretty new to this thing. Are there xenon angel eyes headlights? I probably sound stupid haha.
if you are looking for angel eyes you will need to replace your halogen light for a xenon setup as mentioned! but be ready for your wallet to hurt! its not cheap at all
__________________
2008 Bmw E91 alpine White (current)
2005 Bmw 325i (sold)
2006 Land Rover discovery 3 HSE (sold)
2002 Bmw 318i M-Sport (first car) (SOLD)
swazza is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazza View Post
if you are looking for angel eyes you will need to replace your halogen light for a xenon setup as mentioned! but be ready for your wallet to hurt! its not cheap at all
What if I got something like this? Would this be the only thing I have to get or do I have to buy something else too?
http://www.protuninglab.com/06bmwe903ane2.html
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
swazza
Samm
 
swazza's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E91 320I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBoehner View Post
What if I got something like this? Would this be the only thing I have to get or do I have to buy something else too?
http://www.protuninglab.com/06bmwe903ane2.html
yeah they look nice but i would be very very cautious of non oem lights im not an oem or nothing kinda guy but when it comes to lights i kinda lean that way
__________________
2008 Bmw E91 alpine White (current)
2005 Bmw 325i (sold)
2006 Land Rover discovery 3 HSE (sold)
2002 Bmw 318i M-Sport (first car) (SOLD)
swazza is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
thebreeze34
Private
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Hate silver
thebreeze34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
Andrewe92
enthusiast
 
Andrewe92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 746
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Let the mods begin
Andrewe92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
 
kitkat1723's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325i - sold
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Round Lake, IL

Posts: 506
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [4.75]
welcome! i have the same car in monaco blue! what part of chicago are you from? im up north!
kitkat1723 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
 
RichardBoehner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
welcome! i have the same car in monaco blue! what part of chicago are you from? im up north!
Northside too! Not really in chicago, suburbs obviously. Would be crazy to park this in the city lol.
RichardBoehner is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST