E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > performance diffuser on SG



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
all gloss looks best imo, the matte stuff looks like unfinished primer.
what porn said.
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
SaMaster14
Major
 
SaMaster14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Baltimore, MD

Posts: 1,418
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
I'm personally a big fan of the two-tone... but that might be because I have black accents on white - so the two-tone is complimentary.

I'm not sure, if I had a SG or blue car, I may have gone for all matte black
__________________
~2012 BMW 335iS coupe MINERAL WHITE/CORAL RED

http://instagram.com/samaster14/
SaMaster14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #25
abhishriv
Major
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I'm personally a big fan of the two-tone... but that might be because I have black accents on white - so the two-tone is complimentary.

I'm not sure, if I had a SG or blue car, I may have gone for all matte black
i think the 2 tone looks amazing in white/red/blue but i have mixed feelings about it with the SG. i mean its nice but i think i like black better. i think im going to go with all gloss black and then maybe have the slats part covered in matte vinyl
abhishriv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red View Post
I vote black. Flat black (or CF) as it gives it more weight and there are too many levels and layers to the diffuser design. If it's painted it will become too busy visually.

What spoiler is that?
OEM performance spoiler
fresh_LA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #27
Blindside_137
Major General
 
Blindside_137's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

Posts: 5,257
iTrader: (1)

I am dying to get this, with some fat 4.0 black chrome cyba tips



If I went any other way, it would be a satin black. Not too glossy, not too matte.... just right.
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Blindside_137 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #28
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
meh either way, it will look bomb
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #29
e92_euro
Captain
 
e92_euro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Looks tight!
__________________

{2008 e92 328i MT} 19" 313 wheels wrapped in Yokohama S Drive | FK Silverline Coilovers | Burgertuning spacers | Active Autowerkes Exhaust | Aero Front Kit | ZHP Shift Knob | City Vision AE | Coded Corners |
e92_euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #30
Spensaur
Lieutenant
 
Spensaur's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 529
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I know this is kind of late but I finally had time to take pictures and upload them. Excuse the dirty car but definitely go with the all black color scheme



Spensaur is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I am dying to get this, with some fat 4.0 black chrome cyba tips



If I went any other way, it would be a satin black. Not too glossy, not too matte.... just right.
+1 satin black would probably be perfect. That's the route I will most likely go if I upgrade to the performance diffuser
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
abhishriv
Major
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
I know this is kind of late but I finally had time to take pictures and upload them. Excuse the dirty car but definitely go with the all black color scheme



that looks amazing.. im definitely going this route
abhishriv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
Br0
MFCEO
 
Br0's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' e92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Htown

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Im getting the JL Motoring full carbon fiber performance diffuser installed at a body shop as i type this.

...Needless to say, as i mentioned "body shop", the thing doesnt fit that great when trying on your own, i'd say maybe 90% or so right out of the box. The lines are not flush with the rear OEM Msport bumper, and the sides protrude out a little on both sides.

SO, im having a shop tweak the fittment to try and improve. Shouldnt require THAT much work, just some small tweaks, and should be done in a day or so, ill post up pics with how much i paid to get it to fit closer to OEM PD, and whether its a better bet to learn from me and just balls up on a DD or Arkym diffusor, or pay a shop and get the good fittment for still cheaper than those.
__________________

Last edited by Br0; 02-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Br0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #34
loganlarue
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: jersey shore nj

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

looks amazing man
loganlarue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #35
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0 View Post
Im getting the JL Motoring full carbon fiber performance diffuser installed at a body shop as i type this.

...Needless to say, as i mentioned "body shop", the thing doesnt fit that great when trying on your own, i'd say maybe 90% or so right out of the box. The lines are not flush with the rear OEM Msport bumper, and the sides protrude out a little on both sides.

SO, im having a shop tweak the fittment to try and improve. Shouldnt require THAT much work, just some small tweaks, and should be done in a day or so, ill post up pics with how much i paid to get it to fit closer to OEM PD, and whether its a better bet to learn from me and just balls up on a DD or Arkym diffusor, or pay a shop and get the good fittment for still cheaper than those.
Wait you do know you need to trim the msport bumper to fit the performance diffuser, right? Even OEM performance diffuser.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...03&postcount=8
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,145
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Wait you do know you need to trim the msport bumper to fit the performance diffuser, right? Even OEM performance diffuser.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...03&postcount=8
You need to trim the M-Sport rear bumper, but if you get the Performance rear from Tischer you don't have to. It's made to fit the performance diffuser
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #37
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You need to trim the M-Sport rear bumper, but if you get the Performance rear from Tischer you don't have to. It's made to fit the performance diffuser
Yes but he has the msport rear not performance rear from what I saw
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #38
Br0
MFCEO
 
Br0's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' e92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Htown

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Yes but he has the msport rear not performance rear from what I saw
No, I don't have to trim anything except the diffusor because fittment isn't 100%.

I have an MSport e92, the e92 does NOT require trimming of the bumper for performance diffusor, only the e90 requires trimming of the oem Msport bumper to fit the performance diffuser.
__________________
Br0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #39
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0 View Post
No, I don't have to trim anything except the diffusor because fittment isn't 100%.

I have an MSport e92, the e92 does NOT require trimming of the bumper for performance diffusor, only the e90 requires trimming of the oem Msport bumper to fit the performance diffuser.
Are you sure? I was under the impression that any mtech bumper requires the trimming that I linked. From what i've gathered the only way you don't have to trim is if you have the performance rear

Edit: Never mind it seems like I might be wrong and you don't need to cut for the E92
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #40
Br0
MFCEO
 
Br0's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' e92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Htown

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Are you sure? I was under the impression that any mtech bumper requires the trimming that I linked. From what i've gathered the only way you don't have to trim is if you have the performance rear

Edit: Never mind it seems like I might be wrong and you don't need to cut for the E92
I'm sure. ^_^
__________________
Br0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

Finally got the chance to install the IS diffuser from Tischer. Fitment is 100% and there was no need to cut, saw, or sand anything down. If you want to change that boring piece of plastic that comes stock on the mtech bumpers, this is the best way to go while spending the least amount of coin...

I always wanted to try using Plastidip, So I finally got around to trying it on the diffuser...

What yall think?

Name:  digg.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  92.7 KB
fresh_LA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #42
Spensaur
Lieutenant
 
Spensaur's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 529
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_LA View Post
Finally got the chance to install the IS diffuser from Tischer. Fitment is 100% and there was no need to cut, saw, or sand anything down. If you want to change that boring piece of plastic that comes stock on the mtech bumpers, this is the best way to go while spending the least amount of coin...

I always wanted to try using Plastidip, So I finally got around to trying it on the diffuser...

What yall think?

Attachment 823751
Looks freaking good and exactly like mine If it were painted body color, I don't think it would look as nice.
__________________
2007 E93 328i | Space Gray Coral Red | M-Tech Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber Splitters | BMW Performance Rear Bumper | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Secondary Cat Delete | Injen Intake | HID Angel Eyes | M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

Spensaur is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #43
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
Looks freaking good and exactly like mine If it were painted body color, I don't think it would look as nice.
Thanks! Im pretty happy with the result. Didnt think the plastidip would come out how it did. Never considered painting the diffuser SG. Was either gonna go all gloss or all matte.
fresh_LA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #44
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_LA View Post
Finally got the chance to install the IS diffuser from Tischer. Fitment is 100% and there was no need to cut, saw, or sand anything down. If you want to change that boring piece of plastic that comes stock on the mtech bumpers, this is the best way to go while spending the least amount of coin...

I always wanted to try using Plastidip, So I finally got around to trying it on the diffuser...

What yall think?

Attachment 823751
Wow looks awesome
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST