Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone On Board with a Bent/Cracked 19' 313 rim???



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Anyone On Board with a Bent/Cracked 19' 313 rim???

Like the title states so if there are any survivors coupled with RFT's please step forward,Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
deluxe 247
Shake and Bake
deluxe 247's Avatar
6
Rep
418
Posts

 
Drives: the girls crazy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (3)

What exactly are you trying to find out?
__________________
2007 Space Gray E92 335i 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe 247 View Post
What exactly are you trying to find out?
Isn't it clear?? On the fence between ordering my 335is with 18's or 19's just being cautious about the 19's with all of the cracking issues that you must have heard of.Prefer 19's if there are no issues with this rim unlike the 225's & 269's which have terrible history.That's it that simple
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
7
Rep
614
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

My 19 inch 313 are fine. You always here the horror stories on here. If you like them go for them, just watch out for huge pot holes. No matter what wheels, if you hit a large enougth pot hole, and the right angle ect, if its going to go its going to go
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
mblaucoupe135
Lieutenant
14
Rep
420
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

.....especially with the super low profile tires that come on the 19s. If you are concerned about it, maybe but tire and wheel insurance. That way you would be covered if something happened.
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post
My 19 inch 313 are fine. You always here the horror stories on here. If you like them go for them, just watch out for huge pot holes. No matter what wheels, if you hit a large enougth pot hole, and the right angle ect, if its going to go its going to go
Hey thanks for the feedback..How's the ride? As harsh as claimed? Tread wear? Been driving 18's past couple of Bimmers looking to up size without too much of a sacrifice but those 19's are sweet.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
.....especially with the super low profile tires that come on the 19s. If you are concerned about it, maybe but tire and wheel insurance. That way you would be covered if something happened.
Thinking before i would fork 16 hundred I would just tear off the RFT's since that's really the issue with cracking an save about 5 hundred...thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
7
Rep
614
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

To be honest my audi and my astra both have 18's on with non run flats. Yes the run flats on the 19's are harder. But wheel size isn't much different then the 18s I find. However that's subjective, and someone else may think different.

If you can get them with non runflats great. Would you then get tyre foam? Hardly any tyre places I know will change a tyre with tyre foam in, I've asked about 6.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post
To be honest my audi and my astra both have 18's on with non run flats. Yes the run flats on the 19's are harder. But wheel size isn't much different then the 18s I find. However that's subjective, and someone else may think different.

If you can get them with non runflats great. Would you then get tyre foam? Hardly any tyre places I know will change a tyre with tyre foam in, I've asked about 6.
Maybe it's me but the idea of pumping foam in my tire...Compact spare seems like the way to go and not that badly priced over at Bavarian plus not for anything I miss the security of that thing in my trunk even with the suck RFT's.My problem is I have the 18's on order but my luck I spotted an "IS" with the 19's and yeah they looked that good.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

They both look good. Got with 18s IMHO
__________________
Jet black e92 6mt 335xi:

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
They both look good. Got with 18s IMHO
That is the intelligent choice,Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
mblaucoupe135
Lieutenant
14
Rep
420
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

I like the 19s cause they appear more concave, but the 18s are cool too. I think there would be a slight difference in ride comfort with the 18s, but to me it's not enough to beat how awesome the 19s look.
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #13
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
I like the 19s cause they appear more concave, but the 18s are cool too. I think there would be a slight difference in ride comfort with the 18s, but to me it's not enough to beat how awesome the 19s look.
How are your rims holding up?? No damage?? Ride brutal?? Man I ask a lot of questions but thanks for the help. By the way wish those 19's didn't look so damn good!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
7
Rep
614
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)



The 19's are to cool
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
gtaccord
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,119
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Once you get 19s the 18s will look too small. I don't have years of experience but I have driven on 19s for about a year with no problems. I would go for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
stratplaya06
Captain
stratplaya06's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
886
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (7)

My buddy has the 19's on his 335is and while they rode like crap with the stock runflat 050a's, they ride like butter on his 235/265 super sports. The difference is really night and day. Anyone who says otherwise has not made the rft-->non-rft switch on 19" wheels. He cracked one of the wheels when he had the runflats mounted but despite moving to downtown Baltimore where the roads are horrific he hasn't had any issues on the non-rft tires.

I am a firm believer in non-rfts to save the wheels. My soft gravity cast m6 replica wheels have lasted 3 years and still have no cracks/bends despite my fully modded suspension and hitting potholes head on that cracked my brother's 135i 18" msport wheel (also using 050a runflats).
__________________

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |

Last edited by stratplaya06; 02-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
My buddy has the 19's on his 335is and while they rode like crap with the stock runflat 050a's, they ride like butter on his 235/265 super sports. The difference is really night and day. Anyone who says otherwise has not made the rft-->non-rft switch on 19" wheels. He cracked one of the wheels when he had the runflats mounted but despite moving to downtown Baltimore where the roads are horrific he hasn't had any issues on the non-rft tires.

I am a firm believer in non-rfts to save the wheels. My soft gravity cast m6 replica wheels have lasted 3 years and still have no cracks/bends despite my fully modded suspension and hitting potholes head on that cracked my brother's 135i 18" msport wheel (also using 050a runflats).
Great post & thanks strat...Agree on all fronts I too would remove those horrid RFT's as they "are" the cracking culprit no doubt. On the bright side flipping tires will save you nearly 5 hundred $$$ compared to purchasing Rim/Tire insurance priced @ 1,600 Ouch!! 19's with run flats do not work BMW!!! 18's there's a prayer of a chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post


The 19's are to cool
No denial here
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
mblaucoupe135
Lieutenant
14
Rep
420
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
I like the 19s cause they appear more concave, but the 18s are cool too. I think there would be a slight difference in ride comfort with the 18s, but to me it's not enough to beat how awesome the 19s look.
How are your rims holding up?? No damage?? Ride brutal?? Man I ask a lot of questions but thanks for the help. By the way wish those 19's didn't look so damn good!!
Holding up great so far, but I only have about 4k on them. However I've had 19" wheels on my last two bmws and never had a problem with cracks or bending, even though I live in Colorado and we don't have the best roads. I should add that i took off the runflats on my past 19s so maybe that's why i haven't had any problems with them.
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Holding up great so far, but I only have about 4k on them. However I've had 19" wheels on my last two bmws and never had a problem with cracks or bending, even though I live in Colorado and we don't have the best roads. I should add that i took off the runflats on my past 19s so maybe that's why i haven't had any problems with them.
Thanks for touching base as I have only a couple days to make the choice..Yeah believe you have the solution so if i'm gonna go 19 it's all in or nothing (which means 18' 313's) Still can't believe BMW sticks RFT's on 19 inchers oh unless it's an M3 or above...Go figure huh??
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
mblaucoupe135
Lieutenant
14
Rep
420
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Holding up great so far, but I only have about 4k on them. However I've had 19" wheels on my last two bmws and never had a problem with cracks or bending, even though I live in Colorado and we don't have the best roads. I should add that i took off the runflats on my past 19s so maybe that's why i haven't had any problems with them.
Thanks for touching base as I have only a couple days to make the choice..Yeah believe you have the solution so if i'm gonna go 19 it's all in or nothing (which means 18' 313's) Still can't believe BMW sticks RFT's on 19 inchers oh unless it's an M3 or above...Go figure huh??
Plus if i remember correctly the 19s only cost an extra 1k when i ordered my car, and to me that was a no brainer for a set of wheels this nice that would cost probably triple that if you bought them later. One thing that did annoy me about them is earlier versions of this wheel were stamped with BMW Performance, but mine aren't for some reason. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why this is the case.
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
2
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: 335is LM Blue
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Plus if i remember correctly the 19s only cost an extra 1k when i ordered my car, and to me that was a no brainer for a set of wheels this nice that would cost probably triple that if you bought them later. One thing that did annoy me about them is earlier versions of this wheel were stamped with BMW Performance, but mine aren't for some reason. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why this is the case.
i MIGHT be wrong on this, but i believe there r 2 versions of this wheel? 1 version is where u order it with the car, which has no BMW performance stamping, where as the other version is ordered after the car purchase, which is from the BMW Performance line up? i vaguely remember seeing different part no. for this style of wheel.

Mine came with the car n so far no bent/crack rims. Ive driven through holes n dips where it was hit hard enough to shock my spine and so far so good!

Edit: yup i was right, 2 different sets of part numbers

the one that came with the car
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...01&hg=36&fg=15

the one that u order from "BMW Performance"
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=36&fg=15&hl=3
__________________
335is Le Mans Blue

Last edited by TOPEC; 02-27-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST