E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Akrapovic Evolution Stainless Exhaust installed on a 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #45
nafoo
Major
nafoo's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,148
Posts

 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

iTrader: (15)

Sounds good.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #46
99three
Banned
10
Rep
838
Posts

 
Drives: 993, e92, e36, F355, Z32, Jag
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in the 416

iTrader: (3)

Quality is tops but sound isn't that impressive for the money. Bastuck FTW.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #47
sA x sKy
Sameet
sA x sKy's Avatar
Bangladesh
36
Rep
1,753
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi '11 -> M4 '15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99three View Post
Quality is tops but sound isn't that impressive for the money. Bastuck FTW.
+1. Not aggressive sounding enough for the money. Can't beat Vanguards with its pops and gurgles on an N55.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #48
skinrock
Agent Smith
skinrock's Avatar
46
Rep
2,860
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
+1. Not aggressive sounding enough for the money. Can't beat Vanguards with its pops and gurgles on an N55.
Not really meant to be the most aggressive. I love the sound of mine. Maybe not everyone wants the exhaust to "pop".
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #49
Tk502
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: '09 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (1)

Very nice setup. What diffuser is that, that does not look like the standard m-tech?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #50
E9TOU
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
349
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goleta, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to E9TOU
Sounds really nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #51
BavarianDr
Private
0
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

I have the same Akrapovic sytsem except mine is made of Titanium. It is for sale if anyone is interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #52
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

No x pipe
No resonators

How does it sound without either or?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #53
BabsN55
New Member
BabsN55's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (2)

Such a shame you'll never see it while driving : (
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #54
zz10
Banned
11
Rep
308
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: singapore

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I'm running the Akrapovic Evo with Akra 1M downpipes, how do I upload a sound clip here?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #55
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
Say what! the only resaon for buying an aftermakted exhaust is sound and sound alone and then somewhre down the lin you´ll have the benefit of less weight and design.
Speaking of the sound why is it the 1M akaprovic sounds so much better than the 335
True dat, is there a way to modify their 1M exhaust to fit on a 335?..
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #56
amanuuh
Lieutenant Colonel
amanuuh's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
1,610
Posts

 
Drives: Slurpee Truck
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to amanuuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
This car came back for a Berk N55 downpipe installation, so we had a quick chance to finally get your sound clip.

if you guys want to take a better video next time im there you guys can. imma be coming by soon to raise the car a bit cause it definitely sounds better after i got to break it in lol
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #57
Blaster400
FBO+RB's
Blaster400's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E92 BSM 6AT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham, MI

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 335i E92  [4.95]
Send a message via AIM to Blaster400
This exhaust looks sick! Are you also running catless downpipes? Any issues with smell?
__________________
11.5 @123 MPH | JB4 G5 w/WEDGE flash | FBO | RB Turbos | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #58
bimmer35
Drive Responsibly, Race on the Track
bimmer35's Avatar
16
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amans_e90 View Post
if you guys want to take a better video next time im there you guys can. imma be coming by soon to raise the car a bit cause it definitely sounds better after i got to break it in lol
Bro if the pictures posted by EAS are of the exhaust being installed on ur car, then you have two issues.

1. That exhaust is for the E92.
2. The exhaust you have is the titanium version NOT stainless.
You can tell from the stamp on the muffler. If it were SS, it would say "M-BME92H335" SS Also the reason i know it was for a E92 is because its stated right there too.

This is the Titanium Evo system for an E90. See how it doesnt have the "SS" at the back?
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automoti...Line+(Titanium)

And this is the SS version which has an "SS" at the back.
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automoti...ip-On+Line+(SS)

So unless EAS used different pics, you sir have a titanium exhaust, albeit for an E92.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #59
deathbunny
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
362
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vegas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
Bro if the pictures posted by EAS are of the exhaust being installed on ur car, then you have two issues.

1. That exhaust is for the E92.
2. The exhaust you have is the titanium version NOT stainless.
You can tell from the stamp on the muffler. If it were SS, it would say "M-BME92H335" SS Also the reason i know it was for a E92 is because its stated right there too.

This is the Titanium Evo system for an E90. See how it doesnt have the "SS" at the back?
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automoti...Line+(Titanium)

And this is the SS version which has an "SS" at the back.
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Automoti...ip-On+Line+(SS)

So unless EAS used different pics, you sir have a titanium exhaust, albeit for an E92.
Sounds like someone might of got one hell of a good deal
__________________
"And just one question I might ask yah, and it might sound like A disaster, can you make this thing go faster?"
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335, akrapovic, eas, evolution, stainless

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST