E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > How do you store your movies?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Prissy
0
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,849
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
How do you store your movies?

So I just got a 2010 e92 so I think I will be able play movies while the car is parked. Do I must use a DVD disc to watch movies? Or can I store movies onto my iPhone and use cables or bluetooth to watch it on my Navi. Thanks!
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
drevil2k2
0
First Lieutenant
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 396
iTrader: (4)

I watch movies from DVD (not that convenient since it's not a 6 disc changer) and from my iPhone using the OEM Media snap in adapter and play videos under the multimedia menu. I have the iPhone 4, there isn't an adapter for the iPhone 5 yet.

You might be able to use the proper set of cables through the USB port, but with my experience, only the music with cover art worked, no videos.
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance
drevil2k2 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Prissy
0
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,849
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil2k2 View Post
I watch movies from DVD (not that convenient since it's not a 6 disc changer) and from my iPhone using the OEM Media snap in adapter and play videos under the multimedia menu. I have the iPhone 4, there isn't an adapter for the iPhone 5 yet.

You might be able to use the proper set of cables through the USB port, but with my experience, only the music with cover art worked, no videos.
Oh man nice that you have that snap-in thing for iPhone, I remember they cost a lot... And ya, I don't think the 1/8" jack will transmit videos.

But can bluetooth do it?
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
drevil2k2
0
First Lieutenant
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 396
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
Oh man nice that you have that snap-in thing for iPhone, I remember they cost a lot... And ya, I don't think the 1/8" jack will transmit videos.

But can bluetooth do it?
I doubt bluetooth for video.

As for the snap in adapter: Not my listing or affiliated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Apple-iP...item4ac1f6220c

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...e+snap+adapter
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance
drevil2k2 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Prissy
0
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,849
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil2k2 View Post
I doubt bluetooth for video.

As for the snap in adapter: Not my listing or affiliated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Apple-iP...item4ac1f6220c

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...e+snap+adapter
Nice! it's a lot cheaper than I thought. But I don't have 6NF... is that retrofitable? I have the 2010 iDrive.
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
drevil2k2
0
First Lieutenant
 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA

Posts: 396
iTrader: (4)

not sure, maybe ask bmwretrofit (not affiliated)? They seem pretty knowledgeable but you have to give them your VIN for them to verify.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738406
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance

Last edited by drevil2k2; 02-28-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: add link
drevil2k2 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Prissy
0
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,849
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil2k2 View Post
not sure, maybe ask bmwretrofit (not affiliated)? They seem pretty knowledgeable but you have to give them you VIN for them to verify.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738406
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST