E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anybody?? Help

03-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Anybody?? Help

So.. Recentley my car gas pedal has been acting weird.. Like before I would push on the pedal and my car would take off and could hear the turbos and stock exhaust, but now it's been like lagging to drive And pedal feels loose.. Anybody can relate to this?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
KwlAznKid
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

the pedal feels loose? what do you mean by that? is your car an auto or manual?
      03-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
07lilredwagon
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 328 wagon

I would rule out a physical obstruction under the pedal....take a look behind it, ect and see if anything looks out of place...

they are drive by wire, arent they?...so the pedal mechanism sends a signal to the throttle control mechanism....

JP
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid
the pedal feels loose? what do you mean by that? is your car an auto or manual?
Like before this started happening I would push on the pedal and right away my car would go and I'd be able to hear the turbo and exhaust but now when I press on the pedal my car lags it a little and I don't hear the turbo or Exhuast that much and my car is automatic!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon
I would rule out a physical obstruction under the pedal....take a look behind it, ect and see if anything looks out of place...

they are drive by wire, arent they?...so the pedal mechanism sends a signal to the throttle control mechanism....

JP
It's just been weird
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
ndukyh
The Tanzanian
Rep

Drives: 2 feet (for now)

Model year? Mileage? Did this come on all of a sudden or have you noticed it for weeks/months?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh
Model year? Mileage? Did this come on all of a sudden or have you noticed it for weeks/months?
It's a 2012 335i coupe
It has 6k miles
And it just started happening for about 2 weeks or 3
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Does the kickdown mode work, if you mash the pedal to the floor past the detent
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl
Every time I floor it i do feel like a
Weird thing on the pedal like if I broke it or something and then the little car with a swerve will flash, and it's not traction cause my traction is off, but a little light will flash showing that symbol, and before any of this happened, it wouldn't show that flashing , it feels like I push on the gas and my car doesn't seem to go fast or take off how it did before, like it lags it to drive or go fast
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlife818
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl
Every time I floor it i do feel like a
Weird thing on the pedal like if I broke it or something and then the little car with a swerve will flash, and it's not traction cause my traction is off, but a little light will flash showing that symbol, and before any of this happened, it wouldn't show that flashing , it feels like I push on the gas and my car doesn't seem to go fast or take off how it did before, like it lags it to drive or go fast
When u said u turn traction control off. do u just push the button once or do u hold it down for 5+ sec .
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

I've never touched the traction button, it just shows that little symbol on the dash ever time I floor it , that little symbol flashes , but it's not the traction button because I've never touched that button .. It's really weird
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've never touched the traction button, it just shows that little symbol on the dash ever time I floor it , that little symbol flashes , but it's not the traction button because I've never touched that button .. It's really weird
U a bit confuse I think . Traction control is always on unless u turn it off yourself by pressing the DTC button . When u floor it I'm guessing u have RWD what u experience is ur rear tires losing traction (spinning) and that little yellow light u described is the traction control warning u that u losing traction and trying to help u regain traction by reducing the amount of power going to the tires. And since it can't physically take ur foot off the accelerator it can however cut the fuel as needed to help regain traction. That's y u feeling that weirdness in ur gas pedal.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ohh okay.. But now like let's say I'm at a red light and when I wanna floor it, my pedal isn't like hard to push down anymore, it's like it goes down and then lags to catch its speed, I mean you still hear the stock Exhuast and I can hear a little bit of the turbo in it, or like let's say I'm on the freeway and I wanna pass somebody up, I'll push on the gas but it feels like I'm pushing nothing and speed still the same , I feel like my pedal is broken or something,
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ohh okay.. But now like let's say I'm at a red light and when I wanna floor it, my pedal isn't like hard to push down anymore, it's like it goes down and then lags to catch its speed, I mean you still hear the stock Exhuast and I can hear a little bit of the turbo in it, or like let's say I'm on the freeway and I wanna pass somebody up, I'll push on the gas but it feels like I'm pushing nothing and speed still the same , I feel like my pedal is broken or something,
I'm not too sure about the pedal being broken, it's not supposed to be hard or too loose it's just right . At this point take it in for service and request for them to go on a little drive with you . Won't cost you a dime . Keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas
Quote:
I'm not too sure about the pedal being broken, it's not supposed to be hard or too loose it's just right . At this point take it in for service and request for them to go on a little drive with you . Won't cost you a dime . Keep us posted
Will do, thank you!
Appreciate 0