E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > play music via bluetooth?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
play music via bluetooth?

Hi, I am wondering if I can play music from my iPhone using bluetooth after pairing it up. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
///M3NACE
Banned
///M3NACE's Avatar
60
Rep
3,907
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downers Grove, IL

iTrader: (5)

No. You need an adapter. Either use the Y cable to have it integrated or you must be a gateway blackberry adapter.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
No. You need an adapter. Either use the Y cable to have it integrated or you must be a gateway blackberry adapter.
So it must be done by a cable?
How can I do it wirelessly?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay

iTrader: (0)

In most (maybe all?) casesYour factory radio does not support Bluetooth A2DP, You can get a bluetooth > aux adapter like one of these...
http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U037-Belkin/p/P-F4U037

or
I use this one in my '08 328i...
http://www.xtrememac.com/en-US/produ...harge-auto-bt/

or

http://www.scosche.com/motormouth-ii...-audio-car-kit

Can usually find the xtrememac one on sale someplace. I scored mine for $15.

Last edited by Agentphish; 02-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
In most (maybe all?) casesYour factory radio does not support Bluetooth A2DP, You can get a bluetooth > aux adapter like one of these...
http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U037-Belkin/p/P-F4U037

or
I use this one in my '08 328i...
http://www.xtrememac.com/en-US/produ...harge-auto-bt/

or

http://www.scosche.com/motormouth-ii...-audio-car-kit

Can usually find the xtrememac one on sale someplace. I scored mine for $15.
ahh ic.. "Thanks for the links
but my car already has the bluetooth option, then I shouldn't need to buy anything right?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay

iTrader: (0)

Depends on the car from what I understand. Your integrated BT has to support A2DP in order to do audio from your phone wirelessly.

In my '08 328i I can't do it, hence why I use the adapter. My BT only works for calling for whatever reason. I guess BMW didn't build in A2DP support on the earlier ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
Depends on the car from what I understand. Your integrated BT has to support A2DP in order to do audio from your phone wirelessly.

In my '08 328i I can't do it, hence why I use the adapter. My BT only works for calling for whatever reason. I guess BMW didn't build in A2DP support on the earlier ones.
I see... I won't get my 2010 CPOed car until this saturday. I hope it does come with A2DP support.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
mikee
Private First Class
mikee's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
In most (maybe all?) casesYour factory radio does not support Bluetooth A2DP, You can get a bluetooth > aux adapter like one of these...
http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U037-Belkin/p/P-F4U037

or
I use this one in my '08 328i...
http://www.xtrememac.com/en-US/produ...harge-auto-bt/

or

http://www.scosche.com/motormouth-ii...-audio-car-kit

Can usually find the xtrememac one on sale someplace. I scored mine for $15.
How is the sound using any of these devices? I had wireless streaming bluetooth audio in a previous set up and was very pleased with it. This is the only feature that my '07 335i doesn't have that I wish it had. For a factory system, the Logic 7 sounds pretty damn good!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
deepsrd
Second Lieutenant
deepsrd's Avatar
3
Rep
201
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, IE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I see... I won't get my 2010 CPOed car until this saturday. I hope it does come with A2DP support.
A2DP is a combox feature.. (option $6vc)
I have read somewhere that the Ex 2011 cars did have Bluetooth this integrated into the Pro HU.. But i have limited info.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
How is the sound using any of these devices? I had wireless streaming bluetooth audio in a previous set up and was very pleased with it. This is the only feature that my '07 335i doesn't have that I wish it had. For a factory system, the Logic 7 sounds pretty damn good!
Mikee -

I have had great experiences with the two different BT dongles that I've used. Currently i have the xtrememac as I mentioned.

I had a Kensington LiquidAUX which is now in my wife's Legacy. It is currently discontinued, but it also worked very well, dare I say better than the xtrememac in terms of automatically re-pairing with my phone, except that it didn't allow for voice calling, which the xtrememac does, though I don't use that feature because I use the integrated BMW one.

The xtrememac works by re-pairing when you touch the phone button on the adapter once.

When I scored that xtrememac adapter it was just before xmas time and I saw it and the indoor home-based model of the same thing for $15 each. I thought about buying several of the car ones. Not sure why I didn't.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
carjon
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
349
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Works great on a 2011 - bluetooth music. Don't know what year BMW support. I think you need latest iPhone software.
__________________
2011 328xi black on black. Nav, connect, apps, Sirius.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
mikee
Private First Class
mikee's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (5)

Thanks guys, this is good to know.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
cbad335's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,733
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
If you only need to play music via bluetooth A2DP (i.e., already have bluetooth phone connection) the Blackberry Music Gateway is supposed to be a good unit. I've seen them for $50 on Amazon.
__________________

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
If you only need to play music via bluetooth A2DP (i.e., already have bluetooth phone connection) the Blackberry Music Gateway is supposed to be a good unit. I've seen them for $50 on Amazon.
damn that's sick! Is there one for iPhone??
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
kymedic25
Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: '10 535 Platinum Grey
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spring, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
damn that's sick! Is there one for iPhone??
The blackberry music gateway works great. I used one in my 08 335 and now my bf is using it in his x5. It is just a bluetooth to aux device, doesn't matter the phone you are using. We both have iPhone 5s.
__________________

Jason
Premium, Sport, Stage 1 Eurocharged, OEM M-tech kit, DD CSL trunk lid, Smoked Blacklines, , Cyba 4 inch black chrome exhaust tips, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD, Morr VS8.2
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymedic25 View Post
The blackberry music gateway works great. I used one in my 08 335 and now my bf is using it in his x5. It is just a bluetooth to aux device, doesn't matter the phone you are using. We both have iPhone 5s.
Good to know that it works for all devices
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #17
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay

iTrader: (0)

The blackberry thing does the same thing as the three devices I showed in the links above. The xtrememac one can be had for cheap!
__________________
'08 328i | TiAg | 6MT | CDV Mod | AG M310 | Cold | Premium | HiFi | V1 Hardwire | AirPlay - FiiO DAC
'15 Golf SE Sport | Pure White
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #18
idyfohu
Private
0
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Utah

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
The blackberry thing does the same thing as the three devices I showed in the links above. The xtrememac one can be had for cheap!
Not sure if the 328 armrest console is the same as the 335, but if so, are you able to close your armrest with the Xtrememac adapter inside of the power outlet?

I bought a rocketfish iPhone charger adapter and it's too tall and won't close (obviously going to return it).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #19
jbrewer4314
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i X-drive
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: O'Fallon, IL

iTrader: (0)

I have the one Blulink from new potato and I can close my console cover. Auto pairs every time and let's me use the cars built in Bluetooth for phone calls. Works well. No track info or cover art though
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
meangeenvr
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MD/DC

iTrader: (0)

I got a cheap $19.99 blue tooth car "kit" with a 3.5mm output (doubles as a bluetooth speaker, so A2DP was a given), got a 3" auxiliary cable... and voila... i stream from my phone. It's all neatly hidden in the armrest. Obviously doubles as a hands free system as well.

I would still prefer a seamless integration :/
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
mact3333
Captain
mact3333's Avatar
41
Rep
781
Posts

 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

iTrader: (1)

I got the Belkin bluetooth link and its easy to set up and works well with my iphone but the sound quality is horrible...no bass whats so ever and very muffles sounding ...very noticeable as I have the already horrible sounding base stereo.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #22
ap47
Captain
ap47's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
704
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I got the Belkin bluetooth link and its easy to set up and works well with my iphone but the sound quality is horrible...no bass whats so ever and very muffles sounding ...very noticeable as I have the already horrible sounding base stereo.
Anyone know a bluetooth adapter that actually has good quality? I would like to know don't want to get one if it degrades the quality of the music.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST