E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 275/30/19 on ET38 10" - Will it rub??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

275/30/19 on ET38 10" - Will it rub??

As title suggests. Car is an LCI so has the wider rear track and is on standard Msport suspension.

Reason I ask is that KwikFit have 25% off all Conti tyres and Conti don't do a 265/30/19. Basically I can get 4 Conti tyres (275 and 235) fitted from KwikFit for about the same price as 4 Hankooks or Vreds (265 and 235) delivered from Camskill.

Cheers
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

Dude did you change your wheels?

I thought you were running on 359 reps 9.5j ET37 rears?
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,105
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I think you'll struggle with a '275' in honesty.

It's best to err on the side of caution and go with a 265/30.

OK it's a stretch (265), but a 275 might not rub with just a driver,but stick a load in the boot,or two back seaters/shite Baghdad stylee roads, and I'll bet the sidewall on a 275 will get warm.

Go Vreds from Camskill,good tyre,you won't be disappointed

You could also consider rolling the arches.
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

If it helps, Camskill has reduced there prices on the vred's as of 2 days ago.

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73228
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the answers. Think I'll stick with the original and go Hankook or Vreds at 265. Local garage will do the Hankook Ventus at 670 fitted too, he can't get Vreds



Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Dude did you change your wheels?

I thought you were running on 359 reps 9.5j ET37 rears?
I was but I bought MrSingh's AG M359's and sold the other ones. Itching to get them fitted, roll on spring - end of the week (tyres first though)!!
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

Oh you the AG they are very nice. Real aggressive offset too. Before you any rubber, post it over in the main wheels section the U.S boys run 11.5 and one even a 12j rear apparently.

I know Singh ran a 265 toyo which was a stretch and also those have rounder sidewalls and he had to roll the arches on his E91.
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Oh you the AG they are very nice. Real aggressive offset too. Before you any rubber, post it over in the main wheels section the U.S boys run 11.5 and one even a 12j rear apparently.

I know Singh ran a 265 toyo which was a stretch and also those have rounder sidewalls and he had to roll the arches on his E91.
He was on coilovers set low and did have 15mm spacers (I think) on the rear which I suppose bring the track out to a little more than the width of the LCI. I don't want to be rolling the arches. I'll post up for the US guys to answer to, they'll know for sure.

Cheers
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

If it was me mate, I would try and make a 285 ( which I ran on my pre lci) or a 275 with a nice rim protector to make it look chunky and purposeful.
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Mr Singh
Banned
 
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

I ran ET18 (20mm spacers) on them with 265s. I had a wee bit of rub, but livable.
Mr Singh is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (0)

How much will they cost?

Best price I see online for the correct sizes is 790 from tyresavings.com You don't even pay them. You pay at the fitting centre.

I've just ordered a set from a local company for 800.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
How much will they cost?

Best price I see online for the correct sizes is 790 from tyresavings.com You don't even pay them. You pay at the fitting centre.

I've just ordered a set from a local company for 800.
Camskill:

2x Vred Ultrac Sessanta 275/30/19 - 339
2x Vred Ultrac Sessanta 235/35/19 - 264
4x delivery - 11.96

614.96 and I can get them fitted for free. Looks like Camskill have got a good deal on the Vreds to be fair
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #12
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
Camskill:

2x Vred Ultrac Sessanta 275/30/19 - 339
2x Vred Ultrac Sessanta 235/35/19 - 264
4x delivery - 11.96

614.96 and I can get them fitted for free. Looks like Camskill have got a good deal on the Vreds to be fair
Camskill had Continental 5P with the R02 markings for 700.

I believe the R02 is Audi approved but can't imagine they are any different to the unmarked 5P.

They don't make a point in telling you what the R02 means. I had to google it.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ashmostro's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is DCT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vienna, VA

Posts: 1,629
iTrader: (9)

FWIW I run 275 PSS' on my OEM 313's (ET 39) with no rubbing. Stock 335is suspension.





ashmostro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (0)

Has anyone been brave enough to try Kumho KU39 yet? Full set from Pneus is 480

http://www.easier.com/90326-kumhos-e...tyre-test.html

I'm back to square one with my tyres after the weekend's f-up.

Still think Conti 5p of Eagle F1s A2 will be my route.

Last edited by Kerr; 03-04-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

I've just ordered the Vreds and gone 275 not 265. I've put my trust in the guys that said it wont rub, lets hope it doesn't
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
nitehawk's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
You should have no problems at all OP Vreds have a very rounded sidewall profile, and with a ET38 offset, you could even get away with 285s
nitehawk is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
ashmostro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ashmostro's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is DCT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vienna, VA

Posts: 1,629
iTrader: (9)

Good choice!
ashmostro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #18
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Has anyone been brave enough to try Kumho KU39 yet? Full set from Pneus is 480

http://www.easier.com/90326-kumhos-e...tyre-test.html

I'm back to square one with my tyres after the weekend's f-up.

Still think Conti 5p of Eagle F1s A2 will be my route.
All budgets all good in the dry, they are poor in the wet and colder conditions. Thats what separates them. You know this.

So if your prepared to take it easy when its not hot and sunny then 480 is a bargain. Real Bargain.

I had the 5p's and rate them highly would defo get them again, or maybe the michie PSS which have been getting some real good reviews.

I know the F1's have been getting fantastic reviews also but I am not sure. Not sure if I am feeling them to be honest.
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
All budgets all good in the dry, they are poor in the wet and colder conditions. Thats what separates them. You know this.

So if your prepared to take it easy when its not hot and sunny then 480 is a bargain. Real Bargain.

I had the 5p's and rate them highly would defo get them again, or maybe the michie PSS which have been getting some real good reviews.

I know the F1's have been getting fantastic reviews also but I am not sure. Not sure if I am feeling them to be honest.
It is in the wet they score well.

They get an A rating for the wet.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #20
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
It is in the wet they score well.

They get an A rating for the wet.
I have not much else to say then really. At 480 that's a great price for a good performing tyre. Will you take the plunge?
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
I have not much else to say then really. At 480 that's a great price for a good performing tyre. Will you take the plunge?
I wasn't quite brave enough.

Just ordered up a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s. Just over 700.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
FRG530
Lieutenant
 
FRG530's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: east midlands

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

I fitted the wheels on Friday (no pics yet as the car isn't finished) and we've been down to Beaconsfield for the weekend with a boot full of clothes and baby stuff. Just about 300 miles in total and not one bit of rubbing

Problem is I wish I'd gone 265 as i prefer the slightly stretched look of the 235 on the 9" front to the look of the 275 on the 10" rear.

Ah well. The Vred's are something different though, so nice to have the winters off and be able to push on round corners.
__________________
FRG530 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST