E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Going to Mstyle tomorrow

03-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
REALLY!? It must have been there old crew...? As I was completely unaware of this, I brought it up with James at mstyle who I deal with. He said most of their reputation was ruined by previous employees who has no respect for people's property. I think that must have changed by now?

I purchased my CSL boot from teddy. Teddy is an awesome guy but my boot was far from a good fit. Cost me a fortune to have it fitted. He charged me 500 for it, but after the issues I had with fitment and extra installation, painting costs he did give me a 100 discount. Could not fault teddy for giving me the discount. My carbon diffuser was a little better but not great. Required a few modifications to get it to fit.
To be fair I have used neither as my car is OEM. But there is some real bad feedback, staff incompetence aside it was to do with servicing and parts used and charges etc which if it is costing then surely thats managerial?

You will never get a good fit with aftermarket parts. Hence why they are aftermarket just copies unless you go for vorsteiner or the like. But Far eastern copies will always be poor, but out of the poorness reviews popping up are that SSDD has a better quality of comparable fitment if that makes sense.

Anyway here is a post I copied you can clearly see the difference in both grills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This is a typical example of M Style quality the top carbon fibre side grill in the picture is M Style ( ignore the M badge that was a cheap ebay special ) not only are they poor quality but a poor fit into the housing, so the fingers at the end have rubbed the paint where they rattle in the housing and eventually one fell out altogether. The bottom picture is the replacement from Teddy at SSDD, these pictures where taken on my iphone to the naked eye its chalk and cheese.

A_P is offline   United Kingdom
      03-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Yes I understand mate.
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
      03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned

Drives: E92 Space Grey

I had an awful experience there too. Prices are mediocre and expensive for somethings.

Customer Service was good until, the guy who I thought was manager, was awful.

Never giving these guys my service again.
1sh@Crystalwhite is offline   United Kingdom
      03-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #26
AnthonyR
Captain

Drives: Audi A5 3.0 TDI Sport

Collected my car and it feels much better. All in all I'm happy and would use them again.....give them a chance I'd say as I'm sure they have improved...so far so good
      03-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
ssc330d
Private First Class

Drives: Le Mans Blue 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
Collected my car and it feels much better. All in all I'm happy and would use them again.....give them a chance I'd say as I'm sure they have improved...so far so good
Any pics of the results?
      03-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
sheps
Colonel

Drives: C63 AMG

Send a message via MSN to sheps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I purchased my CSL boot from teddy. Teddy is an awesome guy but my boot was far from a good fit. Cost me a fortune to have it fitted. He charged me 500 for it, but after the issues I had with fitment and extra installation, painting costs he did give me a 100 discount. Could not fault teddy for giving me the discount. My carbon diffuser was a little better but not great. Required a few modifications to get it to fit.
That bootlid sure looks the dogs bollocks now!

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
sheps is offline   United Kingdom
      03-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
AnthonyR
Captain

Drives: Audi A5 3.0 TDI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc330d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
Any pics of the results?
Yes I will put some up tomorrow