E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #2003
stashtrey
Major
17
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Titanium silver 08 335xi sedan here. Live in Old Fair Oaks. Office is in Roseville by Galleria. Drive 80 to 65, 50... all over Sacramento. JB4 G5 under hood and some other stuff. No exterior mods.

Always looking for fellow E90 brethren!

Anyone have experience with Koni Sports paired with H&R sport springs? I'm currently about to order up the Koni's and go that route. KW's are the other option but a bit too much cheddar.

Hope to see some of you out on the roads!
__________________
08 335xi Pre LCI Sedan - Titanium Silver - PTF Tuned - M Tech Rear - OEM Black Lines - M3 Rep w/ Fog Delete - AMS FMIC - BMW PE - BMS OCC - ER CP - KW V3 - Vorshlag Camber Plates - ContiContact Extreme DW - M Tech Perforated Wheeel w/ Converted LCI Paddles Shifters - Sport Seat upgrade - LED Interior Conversion - Alpina Flash - RB PCV Valvle - AFE Intake -Lux AE's -
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #2004
enigma99a
Private
0
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92 2009
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rocklin, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
Personally I tried but will not run e85 no more. I don't always have $1000 to replace all injectors and that is no fun. I know Theresa no hard prove but to me e85 somehow will ruin our fueling system. my injectors blew when I switched from e85 back to full 91.
True, once you get to the fuel rail, you can just pop them out and have them cleaned for like $150. But then again, I think that these cars sometimes have injector issues without e85 so it's hard to say if it was coincidence.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #2005
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Thanks How do you like your BOV? Do you get tired of it after a while?
Well since I have an AT, I don't hear it that often. It's a bit silly but I wanted one.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #2006
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
Personally I tried but will not run e85 no more. I don't always have $1000 to replace all injectors and that is no fun. I know Theresa no hard prove but to me e85 somehow will ruin our fueling system. my injectors blew when I switched from e85 back to full 91.
Could be a Coincidence, so far so good for me. It's good once a month to run regular octane, 1 fill up.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #2007
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely Zero issues with E85 here and I go through a tank a week almost.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #2008
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

As mentioned before.. The less 335is runing JB4 and E85, the better, for me.. lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #2009
enigma99a
Private
0
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92 2009
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rocklin, CA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone running e85 + meth? E85 alone pulls better for me than race gas.

Although I did have an issue the other day about overheating or something once I hit 135mph and went to limp mode. So e85 isn't without issues
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #2010
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Anyone running e85 + meth? E85 alone pulls better for me than race gas.

Although I did have an issue the other day about overheating or something once I hit 135mph and went to limp mode. So e85 isn't without issues
E85 Actually burns cooler in the combustion chamber than regular gasoline and hundred octane. I am not sure your issue was related to the E85?

Do you have an upgraded FMIC?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #2011
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
As mentioned before.. The less 335is runing JB4 and E85, the better, for me.. lol.
Why? I have no fear...
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #2012
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Anyone running e85 + meth? E85 alone pulls better for me than race gas.

Although I did have an issue the other day about overheating or something once I hit 135mph and went to limp mode. So e85 isn't without issues
I'm waiting on VRSF but I am about ot give up on them for their new FMIC and DPs.. However I have meth coming in and plan to grab a cob so I can run the flash on top of it all with E85.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #2013
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Why? I have no fear...
Me neither.. Most 335is aren't that fast, then again the fastest one in the world is slower than the slowest vehicle I own (besides my own 335i) so I'm not really worried about ANY 335i per se hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #2014
harkirath
Private
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i e90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (1)

Got around to updated the Cobb about a year today and will be trying the 4.xx version maps tomorrow. Hopefully I will be even more in love.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:56 AM   #2015
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,923
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
True, once you get to the fuel rail, you can just pop them out and have them cleaned for like $150. But then again, I think that these cars sometimes have injector issues without e85 so it's hard to say if it was coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Could be a Coincidence, so far so good for me. It's good once a month to run regular octane, 1 fill up.
it could. but i don't want to find out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
Me neither.. Most 335is aren't that fast, then again the fastest one in the world is slower than the slowest vehicle I own (besides my own 335i) so I'm not really worried about ANY 335i per se hahaha.
wow look like u have some spicy taste in the garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath View Post
Got around to updated the Cobb about a year today and will be trying the 4.xx version maps tomorrow. Hopefully I will be even more in love.
the difference between 3.xx to 4.xx is noticeable. you will like it more.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #2016
melvin
steady lurking
United_States
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elk Grove / Sacramento

iTrader: (1)

spotted a space gray with m6 wheels a couple weeks ago. anybody on here?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #2017
CaliforniaBred
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Glad to join you Now I need someone to race. Where in Sac are you?
When I am actually home I am in the south Sacramento area. However, I am all over the place haha. I'm always down for a race. Quarter mile, highway pull, m3 dragon drives it's all good with me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
damn, look who came out of the wood work.... you back in town?
Long time no talk man. Haha, I'm still in Afghanistan just had to jump in the mix. I should be home in a couple of months. I'm thinking June time frame or so. You guys are definitely getting more mods done. Good shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #2018
CaliforniaBred
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Anyone running e85 + meth? E85 alone pulls better for me than race gas.

Although I did have an issue the other day about overheating or something once I hit 135mph and went to limp mode. So e85 isn't without issues

Every time I raced my buddy back at home he would run e85+meth with me running 91+85. He put a good lead on me. I've filled up countless times with straight 100 octane over at some gas station in sac. Never was too satisfied with it. Car seemed to like e85 more.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #2019
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,923
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred View Post
When I am actually home I am in the south Sacramento area. However, I am all over the place haha. I'm always down for a race. Quarter mile, highway pull, m3 dragon drives it's all good with me.




Long time no talk man. Haha, I'm still in Afghanistan just had to jump in the mix. I should be home in a couple of months. I'm thinking June time frame or so. You guys are definitely getting more mods done. Good shit.
i think we should get a e90post get together or something. never meet all the sac folks and been just all chatting on the forum. a small gathering or small meet up photoshooting would be great.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #2020
CaliforniaBred
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
i think we should get a e90post get together or something. never meet all the sac folks and been just all chatting on the forum. a small gathering or small meet up photoshooting would be great.
I agree 100%. I have met a few people from the forums both in California and Tennessee. It always seems a lot hard to get people together the Sacramento area for whatever reason. If it helps out I am down to put in for a bbq or something. So Cal does it right. Must be something in the water.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #2021
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

ROFL!.. You guys do realize there are like 1 or 2 BMW meets for Sac members PER MONTH right? ITs at the Starbucks at the Howe bout Arden location.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #2022
CaliforniaBred
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
ROFL!.. You guys do realize there are like 1 or 2 BMW meets for Sac members PER MONTH right? ITs at the Starbucks at the Howe bout Arden location.
I am aware of these meets. It wasn't until recently that they started attracting more attention. I was visiting Sac last summer and meets were far and few between. There was a Euro meetup that mostly included exotics and a lollicup meet which was shut down early due to certain circumstances; none of which were strictly BMW. Also, not everyone is always down to just go in a parking lot and shoot the shit.

Variety is important when trying to get people together as some have family obligations, gf's, kids or whatnot. Bay area meets are a prime example.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #2023
harkirath
Private
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i e90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (1)

Should get a drive going up to Tahoe or some place after the weather heats up a bit more for those of us using Summer tires only.
__________________
- Harry
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #2024
carlos916
Semper Fi
carlos916's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
405
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred View Post
I am aware of these meets. It wasn't until recently that they started attracting more attention. I was visiting Sac last summer and meets were far and few between. There was a Euro meetup that mostly included exotics and a lollicup meet which was shut down early due to certain circumstances; none of which were strictly BMW. Also, not everyone is always down to just go in a parking lot and shoot the shit.

Variety is important when trying to get people together as some have family obligations, gf's, kids or whatnot. Bay area meets are a prime example.
SUPPPP MANNN!!! hows that afgan life treating u! lol.. and yeah im sure by the time ur back the meets will hit there peak but yeah when u get back im down to just kick it. hope all is well!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST