E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Trying to figure out if this is a real dealership



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
listed5
Private
 
Drives: 2011 e93 M3 DCT black/bamboo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Frederick, Maryland

Posts: 95
iTrader: (1)

Trying to figure out if this is a real dealership

Since my original post was deleted before I could read any of the numerous responses, I'm gonna repost here. Saw this sweet M3 at a ridiculously low price. Trying to figure out if the dealership or even car exist?

M3
listed5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Dkhan23
Banned
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada/USA

Posts: 360
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't buy it, they ruined the fucking car!!
Dkhan23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
ErvGotti
Major
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bury St Edmunds UK

Posts: 1,165
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
I've seen this car before for sale and at a couple of meets. I didn't bother to read the add, but it's priced ridiculously low from the last time I've seen this car up for sale. I has an ESS supercharger kit on it and as far as I can tell from the pics it still does. But honestly it seems like a to good to be true car at this price for those mods, year, and mileage something has to be wrong with the car.

Edit: I'd be leery about this dealership after looking at their inventory a lot of their cars are priced at the too good to be true price. More than likely rebuilt or salvaged titles. The have a 2012 Boss 302 laguna seca addition with 15k miles for $32k. Yeah that's not shady.

Last edited by ErvGotti; 03-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.
ErvGotti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
listed5
Private
 
Drives: 2011 e93 M3 DCT black/bamboo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Frederick, Maryland

Posts: 95
iTrader: (1)

When I emailed them about the 2011 e93 m3 vert with DCT for $40,000, they said it had a clear title and I could check it out any time! That' a great deal if this company exists!
Chris
listed5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
jlstyle
Major
 
jlstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: nj

Posts: 1,299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by listed5 View Post
When I emailed them about the 2011 e93 m3 vert with DCT for $40,000, they said it had a clear title and I could check it out any time! That' a great deal if this company exists!
Chris
NO WAY.
Must be stolen.
__________________
09 E92 335i Coupe
Jet Black/Coral Red/Sports Pkg/Prem Pkg/Cold Weather/Navi/PDC/Ipod/6MT
jlstyle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
rohms3
Lieutenant
 
rohms3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Something super shady about this place. Look though their inventory, photos are all taken by different people and the cars are all in different spots, dealer vanity plates are all blacked out. You can tell just by looking at the nav screens... Lexus in FL, M3 in CA, another M3 in TX, Infiniti in NC, X5 in IL etc.. looks like they are just stealing other dealers photos. This reeks of scam
rohms3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
BKap08
Colonel
 
BKap08's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 2,581
iTrader: (0)

when i was in the market to buy my e90 i saw a CL ad for a 2010 e90 328i which was priced about 5k lower than all the other ads and it had almost every package available, I went to go check it out. The dealer told me they specialize in buying stolen cars that have been given a salvage title because they were stolen for more than a month. I walked out immediately. I highly suggest you make sure they arent running the same kind of deal.
BKap08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
 
BMW F22's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

Posts: 8,280
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
when i was in the market to buy my e90 i saw a CL ad for a 2010 e90 328i which was priced about 5k lower than all the other ads and it had almost every package available, I went to go check it out. The dealer told me they specialize in buying stolen cars that have been given a salvage title because they were stolen for more than a month. I walked out immediately. I highly suggest you make sure they arent running the same kind of deal.
Lol are you serious? How is that even legal?
BMW F22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Lol are you serious? How is that even legal?
I suspect that particular dealer was buying vehicles at auction, after they were recovered from being stolen, which would also explain the salvage titles.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Maestro
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 864
iTrader: (0)

Let me put it this way, my company blocks access to various sites, most are for the stand stuff like xxx rate and things that offend the ladies. They also block sites which they are suspicious of or they found not to be valid site and could be loaded with viruses and such. That site is blocked by my company, you decide is it xxx stuff will your dick fall off from what you can catch there.
Maestro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Nate4641
Captain
 
Nate4641's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Africa

Posts: 797
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Check the place out on google street view. The address the list is a shady looking building with no cars parked for sale outside.
__________________
2007 ///M Roadster Interlagos Blue & Dark Beige top over Light Sepang extended leather - 19in Morr VS8.2--RPI exhaust--AFE Intake--DKF Hangers--Vibra Technics Engine Mounts--Cosmos Firewall Braces--BMW Strut Brace--Tekarbon CF Engine Cover--Aero Side Skirts--F10 M5 Knob--LeatherZ Mk4 Armrest--SmartTOP Roof Controller--Zeckhausen Racing CDV--DansDecals Reflector Decals--Clutch Stop--LED Trunk Light--Stubby Antenna
Nate4641 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Fatty Duckets
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 232
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Let me put it this way, my company blocks access to various sites, most are for the stand stuff like xxx rate and things that offend the ladies. They also block sites which they are suspicious of or they found not to be valid site and could be loaded with viruses and such. That site is blocked by my company, you decide is it xxx stuff will your dick fall off from what you can catch there.
lmao....
Fatty Duckets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
adriang
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nobleton

Posts: 562
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Check the place out on google street view. The address the list is a shady looking building with no cars parked for sale outside.
to be fair the image is from 2009. a lot could have changed geographically since then...
__________________
2011 BMW 335d
adriang is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #14
JunkStory
Major
 
Drives: naked.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 98230

Posts: 1,174
iTrader: (3)

this is what ugly mods does to the value of a car. i.e. race stripes
JunkStory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #15
BKap08
Colonel
 
BKap08's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 2,581
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Lol are you serious? How is that even legal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I suspect that particular dealer was buying vehicles at auction, after they were recovered from being stolen, which would also explain the salvage titles.
When a car is stolen, after a month its considered salvaged to the insurance and car fax. The owner has the option to keep or sell it. If they dont want the car, it goes to insurance which puts it in an auction. Those cars are sold as is to people like this dealer. They then take it to their own mechanic and get the car checked out. Thats why a lot of their cars are so low in price. Its extremely shady
BKap08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST