Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Official Wheel, Tires Weights Thread



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-14-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1879
Rep
4,011
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Exclamation Official Wheel, Tires Weights Thread

Here is a thread we can all contribute into over time.

A few requsts that I have, just so that this thread can remain useful for everyone.

#1) DO NOT post requests for weights in this thread. Only make posts with actual #s

#2) only post real facts and not a number "you heard"

If we follow this guideline this thread can be a really useful repository for the entire community.

Thanks, lets make this thread crazy long
__________________
I'll take one please. BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1879
Rep
4,011
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
BBS RC | 18x8.5 | 19 lbs
Work Meister S1 2-piece | 19x8.5 | 24 lbs
ASA AR1 | 18x8.5 | 23 lbs
__________________
I'll take one please. BMW M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
LWL
Major
LWL's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to LWL
Hartge Classic | 19 x 8.0 | 24 lbs
Hartge Classic | 19 x 9.0 | 26 lbs



Great news, BMW NA sent me the rim weight for Style 162.

Style 162 | 18 x 8.0 | 11.226 kg x 2.2 = 24.6972 lbs
Style 162 | 18 x 8.5 | 11.926 kg x 2.2 = 26.2372 lbs
__________________

Last edited by LWL; 06-15-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
SleeprM3
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: Cosmos E36 M3/4
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWL
Hartge Classic | 19 x 8.0 | 24 lbs
Hartge Classic | 19 x 9.0 | 26 lbs



Great news, BMW NA sent me the rim weight for Style 162.

Style 162 | 18 x 8.0 | 11.226 kg x 2.2 = 24.6972 lbs
Style 162 | 18 x 8.5 | 11.926 kg x 2.2 = 26.2372 lbs
Wow. Heavy!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6748
Rep
16,680
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Volk Progressiv ME (Face-1) Wheels | 19x8.5 | 21.37 lb / 9.7kg
Volk Progressiv ME (Face-1) Wheels | 19x9.5 | 22.27 lb / 10.1kg
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
HeelToe
Major
HeelToe's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Rapidly from A to B
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 X1 2.8i xDrive  [0.00]
2000 323Ci  [3.00]
2006 330i  [4.50]
2013 BMW 135is  [4.50]
BBS-RGR 18*8 - 19.1 lbs.
BBS-RGR 18*8.5 - 18.6 lbs

More BBS wheel weights at www.bbs-usa.com. Also tells you which wheels require a fender lip roll and which fit fine without.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #7
HeelToe
Major
HeelToe's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Rapidly from A to B
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 X1 2.8i xDrive  [0.00]
2000 323Ci  [3.00]
2006 330i  [4.50]
2013 BMW 135is  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Here is a thread we can all contribute into over time.

A few requsts that I have, just so that this thread can remain useful for everyone.

#1) DO NOT post requests for weights in this thread. Only make posts with actual #s

#2) only post real facts and not a number "you heard"

If we follow this guideline this thread can be a really useful repository for the entire community.

Thanks, lets make this thread crazy long
Take a look at this site for a VERY comprehensive list of weights.

http://wheelweights.net/

Last edited by HeelToe; 11-13-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
CnoteMD's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
After putting on my winter wheels, I was surprised at how heavy my wheels (with tires) were.

Style 162 (with Bridgestone RFT, inflated)
Front (18x8, 225-40-18): 56.5 lbs
Rear (18x8.5, 255-35-18): 59.0 lbs
__________________
2008 BMW 535i Space Gray, Black Leather, Dark Bamboo Trim| Sport Automatic with Paddles | Sport Package
2008 BMW M5 (gone, but not forgotten) Space Gray, Silverstone Merino Leather, Madeira Walnut Wood Trim | 7speed SMG | All options
Mods: Corsa Exhaust | RPI Ram Air Intake | H&R Sport Springs | Rogue Engineering 12mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
bts
Private
United_States
0
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cambridge, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWL View Post
Great news, BMW NA sent me the rim weight for Style 162.

Style 162 | 18 x 8.0 | 11.226 kg x 2.2 = 24.6972 lbs
Style 162 | 18 x 8.5 | 11.926 kg x 2.2 = 26.2372 lbs
I wonder what the real weight for these are. According to wheelweights.net, they are 30.0 and 32.2 lbs, front and rear. The site's Hartge numbers match the ones you listed above.

Anyone know for sure? IIRC, there is sight w/ BMW wheel weights, but most of the wheels listed as 11.226/11.926 kg, F/R.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
8,399
Posts

 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bts View Post
I wonder what the real weight for these are. According to wheelweights.net, they are 30.0 and 32.2 lbs, front and rear. The site's Hartge numbers match the ones you listed above.

Anyone know for sure? IIRC, there is sight w/ BMW wheel weights, but most of the wheels listed as 11.226/11.926 kg, F/R.
He/She was correct. The stock 18s each weighs about 26lbs. The numbers that was listed are correct.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
scooby9
Major
scooby9's Avatar
Canada
15
Rep
1,120
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (6)

The 162's aren't too extremely heavy. That's some great info. Thanks!
__________________
2007 BMW 335xi 6MT TiAg
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #12
bts
Private
United_States
0
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cambridge, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
He/She was correct. The stock 18s each weighs about 26lbs. The numbers that was listed are correct.
Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #13
douger
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
139
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

159s

159 wheel = 26.6 lb
Conti run flats = 26 lb
Total weight = 52.6 lb
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
D_o_S
LCI'd
53
Rep
811
Posts

 
Drives: 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Home

iTrader: (1)

www.wheelweights.net anyone? Plus, the weight of the 162s is much higher on there, like 14 kg... what is up with that?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #15
Astephens94
Slightly modified...
Astephens94's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Probably work.

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
Take a look at this site for a VERY comprehensive list of weights.

http://wheelweights.net/


Thank you for this sight -- very informative!! Shocking how heavy the bmw 162 wheels are in comparison to everyone else!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
VMRWheels's Avatar
267
Rep
16,160
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vmrwhee...7628137973398/

VMR wheel weights
__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | p. 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com | ** VMR Holiday Special! **
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
HeelToe
Major
HeelToe's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Rapidly from A to B
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 X1 2.8i xDrive  [0.00]
2000 323Ci  [3.00]
2006 330i  [4.50]
2013 BMW 135is  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astephens94 View Post
Thank you for this sight -- very informative!! Shocking how heavy the bmw 162 wheels are in comparison to everyone else!
Yep. Those weights look high for the 162s. The site below has them listed at less than 12 kg. in any event I changed them out for some Advan RSs to save some weight.

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #18
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
Yep. Those weights look high for the 162s. The site below has them listed at less than 12 kg. in any event I changed them out for some Advan RSs to save some weight.

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/
What differences can you feel with the lighter Advan wheels?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
HeelToe
Major
HeelToe's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Rapidly from A to B
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 X1 2.8i xDrive  [0.00]
2000 323Ci  [3.00]
2006 330i  [4.50]
2013 BMW 135is  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjellyneck View Post
What differences can you feel with the lighter Advan wheels?
Hard to comment on the weight aspect since every year when I swap them out for my winters I get my 255/35 and 265/35 tires with it. Super grippy.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST