E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I saw vandalism to a car



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
3,401
Posts

Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV View Post
What consistently surprises me is the shock and amazement people have when a 'luxury' car is parked on the street in a large city and it gets damaged.

I'm often reminded of countless stories of people who think they have 'arrived' because they purchased something with perceived status yet seem incapable or unwilling to bear the full cost of ownership.
  • A McMansion but no regular lawn care or lawn service
  • A luxury car but base insurance with high deductible
  • A luxury car but no garage space to park it
  • A luxury car fighting for a street parking space instead of paying for valet secured parking

Instead of hating on everyone and everything, pay the full freight if you want to 'live large'. Otherwise, get a Ford Focus or Hyundai Elantra and buy some peace of mind.

JMHO
Do yourself a favor and don't worry about what other people do.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #24
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
DieselDiner's Avatar
22
Rep
1,518
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
So instead of being disappointed with the human race because someone egged my car when it was on my property, not blocking a sidewalk, and a good 20 feet from the street i should just get a Hyundai?

This logic is part of what's wrong with society. "Don't be mad a the person who vandalized your car because he can't afford one. Just take extra measure to ensure it can't be vandalized." Thats like saying women should all wear nun's clothes to help guard against rape. I have news for you, if i had a Ford Focus or even a Hyundai Elantra i would STILL be pissed if someone egged it or vandalized it.

But according to your logic, if i have a $20k car I should be OK with it being vandalized. But if i have a $65k car i should keep it under lock and key and only valet it? Is this right, are you effing serious? Some of us actually like our cars. And while it is just a car that can be repaired, i do find it offensive when someone randomly vandalizes one weather it be expensive or average. There is no place for this crap in our society and there is no excuse for it.


Envy is weak and pathetic, and shouldn't be celebrated or rewarded with respect.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
Dan_335i
Captain
23
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
lol damn... i hate that parking lot... another reason not to go if there's vandals running around. i like T&T better anyway. maybe they knew the owner? didn't think toronto had so much random acts of vandalism...
Not sure if they new each other cause the vandals were roughly 18-25 and the guy was in his 40s. Yeh toronto is full of dicks, my mom parked her car at foodymart to buy some shopping and some dick banged his door against my moms car. The door car was dented in. We didnt see tho but we saw a door chip mark on the paint and the door was also lumped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Every Mercedes sedan that has a 'luxury' line has the hood ornament. (C class, E class, S class, (Maybach))

It also could have been an older benz, OP never specified.
Looked like this generations E class, so pretty new. I was in the drive through at mcdonalds when i saw them vandalise the mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
2,604
Posts

Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
lol saw this on 9gag this morning

__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #27
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
92
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
lol saw this on 9gag this morning

HAHAHA beat me to it!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
Kwando
Major
Kwando's Avatar
46
Rep
1,077
Posts

Drives: Bianchi Super Pista
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada, eh.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
It was at foodymart on warden avenue in scarborough
There's your problem right there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
lol damn... i hate that parking lot... another reason not to go if there's vandals running around. i like T&T better anyway. maybe they knew the owner? didn't think toronto had so much random acts of vandalism...
You'll probably be ok if you aren't going to Foodymart at 4am lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
14
Rep
564
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV View Post
What consistently surprises me is the shock and amazement people have when a 'luxury' car is parked on the street in a large city and it gets damaged.

I'm often reminded of countless stories of people who think they have 'arrived' because they purchased something with perceived status yet seem incapable or unwilling to bear the full cost of ownership.
  • A McMansion but no regular lawn care or lawn service
  • A luxury car but base insurance with high deductible
  • A luxury car but no garage space to park it
  • A luxury car fighting for a street parking space instead of paying for valet secured parking


Instead of hating on everyone and everything, pay the full freight if you want to 'live large'. Otherwise, get a Ford Focus or Hyundai Elantra and buy some peace of mind.

JMHO

I live in manhattan. The lease on my car, if I leased, would be around 400-500 a month. Want to guess the rent for a parking garage in my neighborhood? 400-500. For the price of a garage I could get a second car.


Just because I enjoy a nice car doesn't mean I'm "living large". This isn't an M3 for Alpina or w/e. I don't think it's too much to ask for others to respect personal property. I don't see why instead of blaming the vandals, you choose to blame the owners. It's like "what a woman got raped? Oh it's her fault for wearing a skirt and actually going outside without bodyguards."

On topic, I found bootprints on my hood and roof this last Sunday. Someone had decided to climb onto and over my car. Luckily no dents.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
Low Gravity
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
I live in manhattan. The lease on my car, if I leased, would be around 400-500 a month. Want to guess the rent for a parking garage in my neighborhood? 400-500. For the price of a garage I could get a second car.


Just because I enjoy a nice car doesn't mean I'm "living large". This isn't an M3 for Alpina or w/e. I don't think it's too much to ask for others to respect personal property. I don't see why instead of blaming the vandals, you choose to blame the owners. It's like "what a woman got raped? Oh it's her fault for wearing a skirt and actually going outside without bodyguards."

On topic, I found bootprints on my hood and roof this last Sunday. Someone had decided to climb onto and over my car. Luckily no dents.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST