E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC with PnP adaptor installed. Need Help

03-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
kavehh

Drives: 330D

Garage List
2008 BME 330D  [0.00]
CIC with PnP adaptor installed. Need Help

Hello everyone.

1)
I managed to replace the CC with CiC in my vehicle. I tested it without PnP adaptor(photo attached) and the screen came up with navigation disabled(no wonder)

I took the optical wire and plugged it into the PnP adaptor and finished the steps. However, for some reason the screen didnt come up(black screen) and the car came up with error of SOS failure.

Interesting point is when I took out the PnP adaptor and restarted the CIC again. the navigation came up and it was Active! However, it could not locate me and the location of the car was in Essen Germany... Is it to do with GPS antenna?

now the CIC is working with navigation disabled(no PnP adaptor is installed)

I paid the fee for matching the satnav with my VIN (150GBP) and I was told it will be plug and play

2)Would anyone tell me why my CIC is different than everyone else? I dont have the extra port at the back (third one)!!

3) no voice control is shown in menu. I was expecting it shows it but show it as disabled. Is this mean the CIC unit I got has no voice command?

4) not having the extra socket means I can not install Combox in future?

I appreciate all your help.

Thank everyone
Attached Images

03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

It looks to me you got a faulty (poor quality) PnP module. If the screen does not turn on it's most probably due to the CAN bus error/mulfunction.

Also you said you paid for matching your CIC to your VIN. This makes no sense.
The PnP module you got is used to make the CIC with the donor VIN work in your car without buying OEM activation codes for your VIN.
The CIC does not have your VIN stored. If it had you wouldn't need the PnP module.

You better contact the seller and ask for help.

Good luck.
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.

Patrys@BimmerTech is offline   Poland
      03-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
kavehh

Drives: 330D

Garage List
2008 BME 330D  [0.00]
Thanks for your reply.

What I meant was he coded the CIC to my car specification. But not sure if 150 GBP was fair.

Would you please tell the difference between CIC units with extra socket next to USB and monitor to those that dont have any extra socket?

I have now asked for replacement. I just found out about your shop online. Would surely consider it if I knew about it.

Do you supply the centre console wood trim(not sure if its poplar grain or walnut)?

I tried to find the right wood trim trough BMW but they couldnt help.
      03-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #4
Patrys@BimmerTech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavehh View Post
Thanks for your reply.

What I meant was he coded the CIC to my car specification. But not sure if 150 GBP was fair.

Would you please tell the difference between CIC units with extra socket next to USB and monitor to those that dont have any extra socket?

I have now asked for replacement. I just found out about your shop online. Would surely consider it if I knew about it.

Do you supply the centre console wood trim(not sure if its poplar grain or walnut)?

I tried to find the right wood trim trough BMW but they couldnt help.

Coding the CIC to your car spec makes sense, but it has nothing to do with the VIN stored in the CIC.

The extra connector you are talking about is the ethernet port which is not really used. Don't worry about it.

You can always contact us by email at info@bimmer-tech.net if you would like to order anything from us.
We can't discuss it here.
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.

Patrys@BimmerTech is offline   Poland