E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Safest wheel cleaner for chrome finish?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #23
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,069
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
Glad to do it. Aren't you glad you applied the wax. This is exactly the point.... Ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of cure. Keep the layers up (wheel Wax) and your wheels will continue to be that easy to clean. Use the stronger chemicals only when necessary and do reapply the wax immediately after.

Now... Go out and do some driving!!!!!!
I can't even explain how happy I am that I applied it lol. I think sometime this week, ill take the wheels off for 2 more layers of wax which reminds me, I definitely need to restock on it! Haha
By immediately after, let's say I'm washing at a self service car wash about a half mile away, can I come home and reapply it? Or should I do it on the spot?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
 
psnt1ol's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I can't even explain how happy I am that I applied it lol. I think sometime this week, ill take the wheels off for 2 more layers of wax which reminds me, I definitely need to restock on it! Haha
By immediately after, let's say I'm washing at a self service car wash about a half mile away, can I come home and reapply it? Or should I do it on the spot?
You can wait till you get home. You will be fine. It is always a good practice to wait until the car cools down before waxing.

Here is another tip for you..... Less is more. Try to lay down a thin layer rather than a heavy coat.
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
psnt1ol is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #25
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,069
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
You can wait till you get home. You will be fine. It is always a good practice to wait until the car cools down before waxing.

Here is another tip for you..... Less is more. Try to lay down a thin layer rather than a heavy coat.
The tip you told me was one I've learned a long time ago for paint, I wasn't really sure if it applied to rims as well so thank you for clearing that up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #26
Colo M/Sport
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 335 M / Sport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
Colo M/Sport is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #27
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
 
psnt1ol's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: san francisco

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo M/Sport View Post
This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
No. I am not connected to CarPro or any other Detail products vendors. I am, however, a member on several detailing forums such as the ones you mentioned above.

Hydr02 is more of a sealant than a coating. Durability seems to be better than that of a traditional wax but it is pale in comparison when it is put up against a coating such as Opti-coat or Cquartz. The ease of application is the most attractive aspect of this product in my opinion.
__________________


What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.
psnt1ol is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #28
kumkum
New Member
 
Drives: Audi A4, Mercedes Benz A Class
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: jaipur

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

You can use both the cleaners, they not harm wheels because of they are less toxic, I have
used both of them. You can buy any one of them as per your choice, I mean I feel better with Iron cleaner so I usually use it.
kumkum is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,508
iTrader: (1)

The absolute safest will always be P21S...
P1et is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #30
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,069
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo M/Sport View Post
This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
you have my blessing to jack the thread lol i just realized, a few layers of rim wax will go a longggg way! i just pressure blast the grime off with no scrubbing and some light soap for presoaking. Definitely look into coating the wheels with some protectant and clean every so often. my e90 is my DD around all of LA county and OC so it accumulates alot of brake dust and i still blast it off. it might take a second but patience is key and waxing is annoying but its worth it in the long run. Ive added maybe 5 stages of wax and damn its amazing!
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST