E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Arizona E9x Owners



View Poll Results: Who wants a meet in the Phoenix area ?
I do !! 8 80.00%
I will pass 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #1277
MARIO K
Brigadier General
 
MARIO K's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 3,392
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommodore View Post
3rd place for 3-Series at Goodspeed!

I had to post it here because it upsets Mario
YEAH? WELL AT LEAST I HAVE BETTER BOWLING POSTURE lol
MARIO K is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #1278
ttribe
First Lieutenant
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

So, I left early thinking I wouldn't have received anything for my car...turns out I got 2nd in the 3-Series category. Kinda cool.
__________________
2012+ 09 E93 335i - Space Gray, N54, Sport, Premium, Comfort, Logic7, Nav Mods - Reflectors, LUX, Pedals, M3 Spoiler, Black Grilles, Macht Schnell, Aero, ESS, RE760
2011-12 07 E60 M5 - Indy Red
ttribe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1279
Sean335i
New Enthusiast & Photographer
 
Sean335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Where exactly in the northwest valley? I am up that way too!
in peoria too. near westwing area
__________________
Sean
My Flickr Car Gallery

Cobb AP Stage 2+ FMIC Sport / BMS DCI / VRSF 7" FMIC / VRSF 3" DP / RPI Scoops / Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Sean335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #1280
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
 
Drives: SBM E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ

Posts: 715
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to 335iaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsucioSeanchez View Post
in peoria too. near westwing area
Hmm I wonder if I saw you the other day driving down Lake Pleasant Parkway
__________________
335iaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #1281
Sean335i
New Enthusiast & Photographer
 
Sean335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Hmm I wonder if I saw you the other day driving down Lake Pleasant Parkway
do you have roof racks? almost certain that i saw a black 335 ready to take a board or skis up north; would've been about a week ago
__________________
Sean
My Flickr Car Gallery

Cobb AP Stage 2+ FMIC Sport / BMS DCI / VRSF 7" FMIC / VRSF 3" DP / RPI Scoops / Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Sean335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #1282
335iaz
Cause their greeaaaaat!!!!
 
Drives: SBM E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Peoria, AZ

Posts: 715
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to 335iaz
Yup! That's me .. but not ski's though .. its for my mountain bike I was heading the other direction when I saw you.
__________________
335iaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #1283
Sean335i
New Enthusiast & Photographer
 
Sean335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iaz View Post
Yup! That's me .. but not ski's though .. its for my mountain bike I was heading the other direction when I saw you.
Ha! awesome
__________________
Sean
My Flickr Car Gallery

Cobb AP Stage 2+ FMIC Sport / BMS DCI / VRSF 7" FMIC / VRSF 3" DP / RPI Scoops / Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Sean335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #1284
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys. New over here. About to pickup some DPs and an intercooler. Anybody known of some decent shops for installs around the valley? I'm in arrowhead. I've got a mechanic in Happy Valley but haven't checked out prices yet.

Or any forum members done DP/IC installs before?

Last edited by jaykayelemenohpee; 03-20-2013 at 08:12 PM.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #1285
MARIO K
Brigadier General
 
MARIO K's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 3,392
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Hey guys. New over here. About to pickup some DPs and an intercooler. Anybody known of some decent shops for installs around the valley? I'm in arrowhead. I've got a mechanic in Happy Valley but haven't checked out prices yet.

Or any forum members done DP/IC installs before?
NS Automotive in Mesa AZ will take care of you.

480-522-9920 his name is Sam, just say you're from e90post

Oh and welcome!!
MARIO K is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #1286
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
NS Automotive in Mesa AZ will take care of you.

480-522-9920 his name is Sam, just say you're from e90post

Oh and welcome!!
Thanks, much appreciated.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1287
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Haven't gotten a chance to call Mario's shop yet but so far all the "speed shops" have quoted me 2 hours for the IC and 4 hours for the DPs at 95-105 an hour. Almost thinking about going to the U-fix-it in mesa and renting a bay for a day and doing it my self.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #1288
Kommodore
New Member
 
Kommodore's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

The downpipes are pretty easy to do, but at one point you'll definitely need someone else assisting while you clamp it in. The key secret is making sure you move the heatshields for the power steering rack out of the way.
Kommodore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #1289
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommodore View Post
The downpipes are pretty easy to do, but at one point you'll definitely need someone else assisting while you clamp it in. The key secret is making sure you move the heatshields for the power steering rack out of the way.
The DIY doesn't look too bad. I'm just in AZ for grad school, living in an apartment, and dont even have a jack out here. I've got basic sockets and whatnot but I'd still have to buy a jack or ramps and wrenches, etc.

Beers, pizza, and install day? lol
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #1290
yamaharecker
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 42
iTrader: (2)

What intercooler did you get? If you have one that doesnt use the the stock clip on the hot side you might want to invest in a cheap dremel to cut off clamp as well.

P.S. where do you go to grad school? Im at Midwestern here for grad school too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
The DIY doesn't look too bad. I'm just in AZ for grad school, living in an apartment, and dont even have a jack out here. I've got basic sockets and whatnot but I'd still have to buy a jack or ramps and wrenches, etc.

Beers, pizza, and install day? lol
yamaharecker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #1291
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharecker View Post
What intercooler did you get? If you have one that doesnt use the the stock clip on the hot side you might want to invest in a cheap dremel to cut off clamp as well.

P.S. where do you go to grad school? Im at Midwestern here for grad school too
I'm at Midwestern as well. Living on campus. I ordered the 5" VRSF IC so it should be an easy swap I just haven't worked on a FI car before and rather not be doing it my self without any help. Silver 335 w/ NY plates and an exhaust running around the area.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #1292
yamaharecker
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 42
iTrader: (2)

I can help you witt the install. I live off campus at a house if you need a place to work, but you need to bring the tools and jack and stuff cause I dont have my stuff down here. I have a white 335 with CA plates around school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
I'm at Midwestern as well. Living on campus. I ordered the 5" VRSF IC so it should be an easy swap I just haven't worked on a FI car before and rather not be doing it my self without any help. Silver 335 w/ NY plates and an exhaust running around the area.
yamaharecker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #1293
SCGT
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chandler AZ

Posts: 36
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
The DIY doesn't look too bad. I'm just in AZ for grad school, living in an apartment, and dont even have a jack out here. I've got basic sockets and whatnot but I'd still have to buy a jack or ramps and wrenches, etc.

Beers, pizza, and install day? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharecker View Post
I can help you witt the install. I live off campus at a house if you need a place to work, but you need to bring the tools and jack and stuff cause I dont have my stuff down here. I have a white 335 with CA plates around school.
I'm in Chandler, have a house with a garage, ramps, a jack, jackstands, a bunch of tools, and am willing to help as long as you sons o' b's are willing to help me when I do my install later. Recently did walnut blasting on mine and doing it with a bud on his car this Sat. Shoot me a PM if interested.
SCGT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #1294
yamaharecker
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 42
iTrader: (2)

I can help with that, but definitely looking for a walnut blast soon. You have a pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGT View Post
I'm in Chandler, have a house with a garage, ramps, a jack, jackstands, a bunch of tools, and am willing to help as long as you sons o' b's are willing to help me when I do my install later. Recently did walnut blasting on mine and doing it with a bud on his car this Sat. Shoot me a PM if interested.
yamaharecker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #1295
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGT View Post
I'm in Chandler, have a house with a garage, ramps, a jack, jackstands, a bunch of tools, and am willing to help as long as you sons o' b's are willing to help me when I do my install later. Recently did walnut blasting on mine and doing it with a bud on his car this Sat. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Awesome. Appreciate the help from both you guys. I've got basic tools as I may have said in a previous post. I need to figure out whether or not I need to keep the OEM clamp for the IC. I guess I'll email VRSF. The stuffs still in the mail and I'll be away next weekend but if any of you guys want to get together on a friday night or during the weekend in a couple weeks I'm in. I'll buy the beer.

I graduate come May so if you need help anytime from may to august I'll be around with nothing but time on my hands to help.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1296
SCGT
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chandler AZ

Posts: 36
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Awesome. Appreciate the help from both you guys. I've got basic tools as I may have said in a previous post. I need to figure out whether or not I need to keep the OEM clamp for the IC. I guess I'll email VRSF. The stuffs still in the mail and I'll be away next weekend but if any of you guys want to get together on a friday night or during the weekend in a couple weeks I'm in. I'll buy the beer.

I graduate come May so if you need help anytime from may to august I'll be around with nothing but time on my hands to help.
Cool. LMK how that goes b/c I'll probably be purchasing the 7" version shortly.
SCGT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #1297
MARIO K
Brigadier General
 
MARIO K's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 3,392
iTrader: (8)

If anyone here needs to paint something shoot me a PM and i'll hook you up with our guy from AZBMWCREW. Spot on work and half the price of any shop. He painted my new bumper a few days ago: http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1364776287
MARIO K is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #1298
ryanz06e90
Registered
 
Drives: 06 325i dead stock
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

New Az Member.

Hey guys I'm a new member to the AZ scene. I am looking for a good indy mechanic that wont charge me an arm and a leg in the Tempe, Scottsdale area that can work on a airbag light issue with my 06 325i. Any help would be appreciated.
ryanz06e90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST